Russians accused of interfering in election to get Trump elected

6 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Damn, the secret is out.

Hang-on...getting a message from my Russian masters...

I am now to refer to Queen Hillary as "Crooked Queen Hillary"....guaranteed to win a future election or three.

II have a feeling you'll be ranting against Hillary when you're in your wheelchair being wheeled out to get a little sunshine by the nursing home assistant.

3 hours ago, Wilber said:

So countries should just ignore it when their election process is hacked and candidates openly encourage it?

Of course not. The point of the information was to demonstrate that such hacking is common in every election,in every country and that previous US democrat governments have carried out in similar activities. Many people are not aware of how common it is, and how far back in history the techniques of election manipulation go. The fact that Russians even tried to hack the election? Absolutely nothing new here.

Therefore it should be guarded against, and it is... constantly, part of an ongoing battle.

• Like 1

Just now, Argus said:

II have a feeling you'll be ranting against Hillary when you're in your wheelchair being wheeled out to get a little sunshine by the nursing home assistant.

Probably...Queen Hil...pardon....Crooked Queen Hillary was from sooooooo long ago, too!

Anyways...I keep hearing that Russia is so clever that it can rig the US elections w/o leaving any actual evidence. I'm betting on the wrong horse!

• Like 2

Russian submarines rarely fire their missiles from below the surface of the ocean and use dangerous liquid hypergolic fuels because...well...they're just smarter than Americans.

:D

Crooooooooked....c-c-c-croaked....crawkwed...decrepit...wait....I'll get the hang of it.

15 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Probably...Queen Hil...pardon....Crooked Queen Hillary was from sooooooo long ago, too!

Anyways...I keep hearing that Russia is so clever that it can rig the US elections w/o leaving any actual evidence. I'm betting on the wrong horse!

I'm thinking the senior ex KGB colonel can play this carny barker like a fiddle.

Now it turns out there were FIVE Russians attending this meeting. And we're supposed to believe Trump Jrs. latest BS that nothing happened and he was bored and left after 20 minutes? When he's a proven liar?

A more likely scenario is the Russians presented what they could do for Trump and his campaign, and negotiated what they wanted in return, including a repeal of sanctions, and probably a free hand in Syria, and the Trump reps agreed to it. A few weeks later the revelations started about Clinton and the DNC, and all that 'fake news' began to spew out about Clinton.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/14/politics/donald-trump-jr-meeting/index.html

So we know there were five Russians at the meeting with junior and kushner. At least two of them have been campaigning against the sanctions on Russia, and one of them, Rinat Akhmetshin, was a Soviet counterintelligence officer who specialized in "subversive political influence operations often involving disinformation and propaganda".  

Furthermore, given the nature of these people, we can be reasonably certain the meeting was recorded, probably with full video. It's not like the noobs of team Trump wold have taken any precautions, after all.  Which means that if Trump Jr and Kushner made an agreement with the Russians to eliminate sanctions after their father gets elected in exchange for Russian help to win that election they most definitely broke the law. It seems likely they did agree based upon Russia's actions after the meeting. Which means Russia has both men by the short and curlies. Given their influence over Trump, and that simply releasing the video would probably destroy his presidency, that gives the Russians a hell of a 'Trump card' over the US. That's not even counting the alleged video of Trump in Moscow cavorting with hookers.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-14/second-russian-s-role-at-trump-jr-meeting-raises-new-questions

On 7/13/2017 at 10:05 AM, Argus said:

I am not on the left. Your problem with me is I'm a conservative, and you don't like conservatives any more than Trump does.

It's encouraging to see right-wingers fighting amongst themselves - trying to decide which way out of the corner they've painted themselves into I guess..

6 hours ago, Argus said:

So we know there were five Russians at the meeting with junior and kushner. At least two of them have been campaigning against the sanctions on Russia, and one of them, Rinat Akhmetshin, was a Soviet counterintelligence officer who specialized in "subversive political influence operations often involving disinformation and propaganda".  

Furthermore, given the nature of these people, we can be reasonably certain the meeting was recorded, probably with full video. It's not like the noobs of team Trump wold have taken any precautions, after all.  Which means that if Trump Jr and Kushner made an agreement with the Russians to eliminate sanctions after their father gets elected in exchange for Russian help to win that election they most definitely broke the law. It seems likely they did agree based upon Russia's actions after the meeting. Which means Russia has both men by the short and curlies. Given their influence over Trump, and that simply releasing the video would probably destroy his presidency, that gives the Russians a hell of a 'Trump card' over the US. That's not even counting the alleged video of Trump in Moscow cavorting with hookers.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-14/second-russian-s-role-at-trump-jr-meeting-raises-new-questions

You're making a lot of assumptions!

20 hours ago, blackbird said:

You're making a lot of assumptions!

Not very big ones. I assume the Russians recorded the meeting. Why wouldn't they? The guy running it was a former Soviet agent whose area of expertise is subversive political influence. Of course he'd record it. And why would five people be there if not to discuss a deal? You don't need five people to hand over a dossier. As for what they wanted that is also a pretty safe assumption since at least two of them have spent a lot of time lobbying for the removal of Russian sanctions, to the point Republican senator Chuck Grassley head of the senate judiciary committee, demanded to know why one of them wasn't listed as a Russian government representative months ago. As for assuming the Trump people agreed, well, look what happened in the subsequent weeks.

Edited by Argus

On 7/14/2017 at 10:28 AM, Argus said:

that's his morning ritual...

The president’s claim to ignorance, given the timeline and money trail, strains credulity. If Trump’s lawyers knew about the meeting, the Secret Service allegedly knew about the meeting, his campaign paid Trump Jr.’s lawyer, and Trump himself was in the same building at the time of the meeting, the White House can expect nothing less than the barrage of disbelief countering their surreal set of explanations. Already, the administration has lied repeatedly about who attended the meeting and what was discussed. That neither the president’s son, son-in-law, nor campaign manager ever told him about a high-level meeting as part of an explicit Kremlin plot to help him win election seems uncharacteristic.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/07/did-trumps-lawyer-just-implicate-him-in-donnygate

Certainly Trump knew about the meeting and may have even been there, given that the Secret Service were there for some reason....   despite not protecting anyone at that meeting...  hmmm...  I wonder who had USSS protection who would have been at the meeting.  

Should get interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎21 at 9:32 AM, sharkman said:

Gosh.  Obama let Putin get away with invading the Ukraine, and taking the lead in Syria.  For the love of pete, get some perspective, man.

I'm not sure of your point about "perspective" but Obama installed sanctions against Russia for invading the Crimea, which Trump has looked into removing. Were you unaware of this before you commented or are you saying they should have responded militarily and not with sanctions?