A black Santa Claus at the mall.

taxme

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2016-12-16 at 9:45 PM, The_Squid said:

How does it "attack" your culture?  Just because it offends your sensibilities?

The symbol of a culture is being attacked by trying to make something real, when it is not supposed to be real. Why is it not ok for Santa to remain a white dude?

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

The symbol of a culture is being attacked by trying to make something real, when it is not supposed to be real. Why is it not ok for Santa to remain a white dude?

It's fine for Santa to be a white dude.   You still haven't coherently said how it's an attack on your culture. 

Edited by The_Squid

4 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

You must feel all warm and cozy and in a safe place when at a mall with a white Santa. We need more safe places for white Santa believers. 

On 12/5/2016 at 4:53 AM, taxme said:

Well, I knew it would be just a matter of time before political correctness and multiculturalism would kick in and we would finally get to see our first black Santa Claus starting to take Christmas presents orders from the kiddies at the mall. At a mall called the Mall of America in Minneapolis, Minn. they have decided that it was time to have a black Santa Claus instead of the traditional white Santa Claus. Being politically incorrect, and always trying to stand up and fight to keep what Caucasian culture, traditions, and heritage that we have and have known and been so happy with, and no complaints ever being made against a white Santa Claus for all these centuries, as far as I know need to change? , I guess that the elite liberal marxists in power have finally decided that this must change.

So Santa Clause now must become a multicultural Santa. When is all this liberal marxists assault on our western culture and traditions ever going to end with these fools? They have pretty much convinced the ordinary sheeple that they should not say Merry Christmas any more because it may offend someone of another religion. Will an Asian or East Indian be far behind from playing the role of Santa Claus at the mall? Will the feminists get in on the act and start to demand that Mrs. Claus should start taking the Christmas orders from the kiddies instead? Why can't traditional things like a white Santa Claus be left alone? Why are there people out there who just cannot leave well enough alone? I don't know about you but this peeves me off. Aw well.  

Source: CTV News Channel.   

I have no problems with a black Santa Claus. In fact I'm happy that non-whites are getting into the spirit of Christmas cultural celebration.  For a non-white to embrace the culture of Santa Claus (western Christmas) - instead of feeling resentment towards that demonstration, I think it's heartwarming!

Some anti- Christians want to be provocative, and some think that by putting a non-white Santa Claus is a provocation. Well........they'll be disappointed in me. 

The culture of Santa Claus is based on Christianity - Santa Claus is St. Nicholas!

Christmas is the remembrance (and celebration) of the coming of the Messiah, as promised by God.  Christianity is open to all.  It should be.  Jesus Christ had issued an invitation to all! 

It's the spirit of Christmas that should be emphasized - and Jesus came to earth for all mankind! 

Edited by betsy

On second thought.....I have to retract my statement above in saying that Santa Claus is based on Christianity. 

Santa Claus has become the epitome of materialism - no one thinks of Christ when we think of Santa Claus.  We think of gifts!  Of things we'll be wishing for that we're gonna get.

Santa Claus is a corruption of Christianity.

For me to have said what I said in my previous post, was a mistak on my part.  I fell unconsciously to the worldly trap!  That would be like me saying Valentine's Day is "Christian-based" because it's about love - when in fact, it's a celebration of Cupid (the god of love in mythology).

Edited by betsy

12 hours ago, betsy said:

On second thought.....I have to retract my statement above in saying that Santa Claus is based on Christianity. 

Santa Claus has become the epitome of materialism - no one thinks of Christ when we think of Santa Claus.  We think of gifts!  Of things we'll be wishing for that we're gonna get.

Santa Claus is a corruption of Christianity.

For me to have said what I said in my previous post, was a mistak on my part.  I fell unconsciously to the worldly trap!  That would be like me saying Valentine's Day is "Christian-based" because it's about love - when in fact, it's a celebration of Cupid (the god of love in mythology).

I must agree with you that Christmas is today all about celebrating materialism. Christmas was suppose to be for family get together's and buying gifts for kids to add to the festivities. Now it has gone nuts. Everybody now is pretty much buying something for everyone they know. This is a great time of the year if anyone owns a business. 

On 2016-12-18 at 3:53 PM, The_Squid said:

It's fine for Santa to be a white dude.   You still haven't coherently said how it's an attack on your culture. 

I think its coherently obvious. What leftists have done, for years now, is to eliminate our culture little by little, by implementing changes that undermine the establishment. Leftists hate the current establishment. and seek to replace it with their own. Problem is they don't realize what that means.

37 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I think its coherently obvious. What leftists have done, for years now, is to eliminate our culture little by little, by implementing changes that undermine the establishment. Leftists hate the current establishment. and seek to replace it with their own. Problem is they don't realize what that means.

So you think some group ("leftists") are trying to change how you celebrate Xmas?   Why can't they celebrate it their way and you celebrate it your way?  Why do you need to insist that traditions that you've used must never change and get offended when they do?

As far as I can tell, no one is tellling you how to celebrate Xmas.   But you are certainly telling other people how they must celebrate.

Edited by The_Squid

8 minutes ago, dialamah said:

What about the six-year-old who sees all the White Santas in his/her storybooks, but then sees a black Santa at the mall?   Will she/he be traumatized?  Will it be a worse trauma than finding out that Santa is a myth?  

One of my biggest regrets was letting my kids believe in Santa.  I wish I never had.

Just now, bcsapper said:

One of my biggest regrets was letting my kids believe in Santa.  I wish I never had.

They will anyway.   As a JW when my daughter was young, I didn't let her believe in Santa.  Nonetheless, one night as I'm putting her to bed, she says to me "I know there is no Santa, there is just a guy who goes around at night to give presents to kids".  

22 minutes ago, dialamah said:

What about the six-year-old who sees all the White Santas in his/her storybooks, but then sees a black Santa at the mall?   Will she/he be traumatized?  Will it be a worse trauma than finding out that Santa is a myth?  

When I was a kid the likelihood of seeing a black Santa at a mall was pretty remote, and I'm not sure how that would have affected me. However, I came to my own conclusion that he was a myth eventually, and it wasn't traumatic at all. It was good fun while it lasted and then I moved on. 

21 minutes ago, dialamah said:

They will anyway.   As a JW when my daughter was young, I didn't let her believe in Santa.  Nonetheless, one night as I'm putting her to bed, she says to me "I know there is no Santa, there is just a guy who goes around at night to give presents to kids".  

Yeah, I would have liked to explain the whole thing right off the bat.  Hindsight though.  At the time it seemed harmless, but my girls were upset when they found out.  I felt like I had hurt them.

Edited by bcsapper

24 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Yeah, I would have liked to explain the whole thing right off the bat.  Hindsight though.  At the time it seemed harmless, but my girls were upset when they found out.  I felt like I had hurt them.

Kids get so little time to indulge in fantasy before the big bad world interferes. It seems like it is less every year. What about the years of magic they experienced when they believed? Don't let your own baggage spoil it, reality bites soon enough.

Xmas in Cambodia is interesting. 

Had to leave the hotel last night to avoid the overpriced Xmas dinner at our hotel. $72 USD each for dinner and to listen to children sing Xmas carols.  

Having Cambodians wishing us a Merry Xmas is also amusing since the wife and I are not into it. 

We just say thank you and move on to another iced coffee with cognac and Khalua.  

As for Santa, he is white here but on the skinny side. 

On 2016-12-24 at 1:37 PM, The_Squid said:

So you think some group ("leftists") are trying to change how you celebrate Xmas?   Why can't they celebrate it their way and you celebrate it your way?  Why do you need to insist that traditions that you've used must never change and get offended when they do?

As far as I can tell, no one is tellling you how to celebrate Xmas.   But you are certainly telling other people how they must celebrate.

Because the black Santa at the mall is a public display. It's not just celebrating it in their way but changing the way everyone should celebrate it. That is how cultural marxism works. You take a cultural symbol that is traditional and you display it in public upside down.

41 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Because the black Santa at the mall is a public display. It's not just celebrating it in their way but changing the way everyone should celebrate it. That is how cultural marxism works. You take a cultural symbol that is traditional and you display it in public upside down.

So you go to malls for culture?  You are forced to go to a mall that has a black Santa and celebrate Xmas with everyone there?

On ‎2016‎-‎12‎-‎20 at 6:29 AM, betsy said:

I have no problems with a black Santa Claus. In fact I'm happy that non-whites are getting into the spirit of Christmas cultural celebration.  For a non-white to embrace the culture of Santa Claus (western Christmas) - instead of feeling resentment towards that demonstration, I think it's heartwarming!

Some anti- Christians want to be provocative, and some think that by putting a non-white Santa Claus is a provocation. Well........they'll be disappointed in me. 

The culture of Santa Claus is based on Christianity - Santa Claus is St. Nicholas!

Christmas is the remembrance (and celebration) of the coming of the Messiah, as promised by God.  Christianity is open to all.  It should be.  Jesus Christ had issued an invitation to all! 

It's the spirit of Christmas that should be emphasized - and Jesus came to earth for all mankind! 

Uh well stated.