Here we go again again with our PM.

betsy

19 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I would expect many nervous Canadian giggles, playing nice and hoping that Trump doesn't hose them too badly.

Trudeau will do what he has to..."because it matters so much".

Alberta has invited Trump's brilliant campaign manager (Kellyanne Conway) over for a visit, because they know how their bread gets buttered.

She just wants to get out of town to avoid escalating her fight with Trumpy over Romney.Interesting to watch the whole thing fall apart isn't it.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Omni said:

She just wants to get out of town to avoid escalating her fight with Trumpy over Romney.Interesting to watch the whole thing fall apart isn't it.

Smart...Conway didn't waste any time praising a dead dictator like Justin Trudeau just did.   Somebody wants a pipeline !

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Smart...Conway didn't waste any time praising a dead dictator like Justin Trudeau just did.   Somebody wants a pipeline !

Trudeau just announced two new pipelines. Tell Conway to stay at home and fight with Donny. We don't need to hear any more of her silly blather here.

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

Trudeau just announced two new pipelines. Tell Conway to stay at home and fight with Donny. We don't need to hear any more of her silly blather here.

They won't be built.....Alberta knows that Keystone XL could actually happen.   " Hello Kellyanne....we love Trump!"

How many pipelines go from Cuba to Canada ?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

14 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

They won't be built.....Alberta knows that Keystone XL could actually happen.   " Hello Kellyanne....we love Trump!"

How many pipelines go from Cuba to Canada ?

They'll be built. We're even gonna give you some access with line 3.Is Trumpy boy gonna import some oil from his good buddy Putin I wonder?

4 minutes ago, Omni said:

They'll be built. We're even gonna give you some access with line 3.Is Trumpy boy gonna import some oil from his good buddy Putin I wonder?

Sure they will...because Trudeau says so.   Trudeau also says that Castro was a great leader, so it must be true.   The Trudeau family never had to worry about boatloads of Cuban refugees landing on the Florida coast.....same place Canadians go for winter.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

11 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Sure they will...because Trudeau says so.   Trudeau also says that Castro was a great leader, so it must be true.   The Trudeau family never had to worry about boatloads of Cuban refugees landing on the Florida coast.....same place Canadians go for winter.

And I see American tourists are starting to flood into Cuba. Must be the beaches.

4 hours ago, Omni said:

Because he ousted Amercas favourite didtator.

Killed loits of people doing it, just curious, how many people is it ok to kill when enforcing your favored ideology, is there a precise number?  Yea yea, Batista was bad, now answer my question, while you are at it, how long should homosexuals be jailed for in such a regime?

16 hours ago, msj said:

I already have but from the top: 

The King of Saudi Arabia died in 2015. Like Castro, he was not democratically elected, like Castro, he was a dictator, like Castro his humanitarian record is spotty to say the least.  

Harper had nothing but nice things to say in his statement of the Saudi King.  In fact, his statement is little different than Trudeau's. 

Yet, partisan's like you and Derek go on about Trudeau's statement being embarrassing etc while ignoring the fact that no one cares. 

They did not care when Harper did his condolence suck up job in 2015 and no one will care about Trudeau's. 

It is being diplomatic. It is what leaders have to do.  It is no big deal. 

Apples and oranges!

He was the son of the FOUNDER of Saudi Arabia.....and Saudi Arabia,  it's absolute monarchy!  It's all through succession. 

The King of Saudi Arabia is Saudi Arabia's head of state and absolute monarch (i.e. head of government). He serves as the head of the Saudi monarchy — House of Saud.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_Saudi_Arabia

That's very much different from Castro, who took  power through rebellion.......and established his own dictatorship!

It wasn't just me and partisanship!  Look at the international news Trudeau got!  Harper didn't get that kind of response.  Like I've said....you're comparing oranges and apples.

Edited by betsy

15 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Justin Trudeau should go to the funeral....make daddy very proud.

Especially so when Castro took the trouble to be Pierre's pallbearer at his funeral.....and young Trudeau himself claimed Castro as a family friend.  He should go! 

Edited by betsy

15 hours ago, eyeball said:

It appears a lot of folks are a lot more concerned about the communism than the dictatorship

Why wouldn't his fascination with communism stand out?   He also praised China's government!!! :lol:

He's right there with all the comrades, heaping praises on Castro!  I'm surprised we're not doing the same as North Korea, doing a 3-day mourning! :lol:

Edited by betsy

3 hours ago, betsy said:

Apples and oranges!

He was the son of the FOUNDER of Saudi Arabia.....and Saudi Arabia,  it's absolute monarchy!  It's all through succession. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_Saudi_Arabia

That's very much different from Castro, who took  power through rebellion.......and established his own dictatorship!

In other words: he's a different kind of unelected dictator so it's okay for Harper to say nice things about him. 

What's that saying? When people are presented with evidence that runs contrary to their beliefs they either change their mind or get busy on the proof so they do not have to change their mind. 

Let's say I'm not surprised: Derek wisely stopped arguing the differences between Harper and Trudeau long ago while you continue to try and find differences. 

You're religious, him not so much. 

That's the way of the world for those who prefer to make up their minds based on evidence versus those who rely on faith. 

7 minutes ago, msj said:

In other words: he's a different kind of unelected dictator so it's okay for Harper to say nice things about him. 

What's that saying? When people are presented with evidence that runs contrary to their beliefs they either change their mind or get busy on the proof so they do not have to change their mind. 

Let's say I'm not surprised: Derek wisely stopped arguing the differences between Harper and Trudeau long ago while you continue to try and find differences. 

You're religious, him not so much. 

That's the way of the world for those who prefer to make up their minds based on evidence versus those who rely on faith. 

I can't speak for Derek.  But I'm telling you, being the successor to a throne in an monarchy isn't like grabbing power by brute force (which Castro did, and then he established his own dictatorship).   You may not approve of Saudi Arabia's way of having their leader....that's their culture. 

Furthermore, we're supposed to be an ally of the USA.  We're supposed to side with the USA against its position on Cuba.

They're not comparable.  Apples and oranges, msj.......

....why do you think he didn't get the flak that Trudeau did? 

Edited by betsy

3 minutes ago, msj said:

There's those wheels of denial twirling again.  

Yes I know.  Your wheels are twirling madly.  :lol:

You can't even refute what I just said.  If I'm not mistaken, Cuba has had a democratic system before it got consumed by dictatorships.

Edited by betsy

5 hours ago, betsy said:

Why wouldn't his fascination with communism stand out?   He also praised China's government!!! :lol:

It's your fascination with communism that's standing out.  The fact he was a dictator is apparently secondary. 

Edited by eyeball

21 hours ago, segnosaur said:

You know, there is a happy medium between praising a person like Castro and condemning him. Its possible for someone to issue a statement regarding the death, without either gushing all over the person or breaking out in a chorus of "Ding Dong the witch is dead!"

I think Obama handled it much better by being more or less neutral... he expressed condolences to the family, but directed other comments at the people without saying they should be happy or sad. He talked about how he impacted people's lives, but it was vague enough without claiming that that impact was for the better or worse. Granted, his statement wouldn't necessarily please everyone, but it was a smart political statement, and certainly nothing to laugh at.

No, they weren't "precise and short".

If he wanted to be precise and short, he didn't need to mention his family's relationship with Castro. He didn't have to mention how Castro was supposedly loved by the Cuban people or lie about how even his detractors knew he cared about Cuba. He could have simply said "We extend our condolences to the family. We look forward to continued diplomacy with Cuba.". Drop mike, peace out. That would have been precise and short.

I respectfully disagree. Castro is loved by the Cuban people Trudeau's father was a close friend. That's just fact. He didn't say it in a partisan way automatic assumption he can't say anything at  all or anything respectful because those who don't like Castro will be offened is with due respect thin skinned and the kind of reaction I expect from holier then thou leftists screaming what is acceptable and what isn't. Enough with this politically proper crap and censorship. You disagree with him I respect that  I disagree with a lot of what Trudeau does I get it,  but trying to censor him or tell him what he can say...no... come on you will survive.

Trudeau said very little-much ado about nothing. There's a lot of projection on Trudeau  as to what he meant or what he said or what he should not have said.

Interesting those saying Castro was against free speech are now so quick to try restrict what Trudeau can say....you see no irony in that?

When you look at the results, the actual results of what the people obtained in the Castro regime as opposed to what they would not have had he not done what he did, its undeniable his people came out ahead. No they did not come out ahead on being able to buy modern cars, material items, but lifestyle-look at it carefully. What makes Castro's people worse off than us in Canada? Lack of TV's? Lack of empty rooms in theor homes that they don't use? Pollution?  Crime? What exactly?

What makes you think Cuban society is so much worse off than yours? Are you open minded enough to engage in relative analysis and ask is your material purchasing power and material goods the indication your society is better?

Modern cars and TV's,  fancy food, fancy clothes....is that what makes a better society?

I met people in Cuba. Sure I was watched.  I have away pens and paper and medicine to schools when I was there. I was watched. They quizzed me on my beliefs about Israel, free enterprise.

I know to get to be hosts and work at hotels near guests you had to get by a political screening test.

I met some boxers and ball players. Don't kid yourself the agents were getting through to them..  I was asked to spesk to one ball player about considering coming to a farm team in Mexico to play. It would surprise you but there is a deep pool of great baseball players in Cuba and boxers and track stars who refused to go and they could have.

I did see one sad thing. I know for a fact people in the government were looking the other way and letting prostitution occur. Was it to get US currency? Was it a way to try spy on certain people and get something on them? Was it just plain old corruption? I don't know but it was organized.

Castro said in many interviews that he over controlled Cuba out of fear it would be corrupted with drugs, prostitution, organized crime. He openly stated in interviews to those calling him a brutal dictator that he was what he was warts and all because he considered Cuba his children. I ain't glorifying the man but he was no Stalin. His tyranny was based on looking after the greater good of h is majority not his own personal needs that's the diff. between him and a Stalin, Hussein, Ghaddafi, Hitler, et al.

The people behind Castro, all them commie pinkos were genuine. If they were only into their own power he would have been killed long ago by one of them selling him out. He escaped over 600 assassination attempts. That's more than just brute force that kept him in power

Hard as it is for some to believe, Cubans for the most part loved him as they did Che Guevara and others in the guerilla army that went on to become the government.

Yah they had a mouthpiece newspaper and government control over a lot of things we do not. What some of you didn't see is within the commie party they did have debates and fights over many things - they hid a lot of it not to panic people. Cuba h id a lot of things from its people. Sure it did. Castro admitted that many a time in interviews. He said they feared panicking people.

You think our government doesn't hide bad news. You think Trudeau has been open and frank about the F18 Superh decision or the Refugee process or his pipeline decisions?

Its all relative. Our political process is just as secretive in a different way. Doesn't make it right but it means we should slow down a bit when assuming Cuba is so much worse off.

Edited by Rue

18 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

American tourists were there long before the Canadians.    Then the Trudeau's favourite dictator hosed things up.

Back when the american business man was raping and pillaging the country. In 10 yrs ,the Cuban people might wish for the Castro days.