Democrats Are In Disarray...Not GOP

On 2017-02-05 at 11:44 PM, hernanday said:

It also didn't help that Republicans have been engaging in tactics to prevent Democrats from getting their voters out and purging the voters list and attack poor and minority voters and voting rights.  Once you erode the ability of people to vote, you are eroding democratic voters.  Democrats were not thinking about Republicans stealing elections.

That's the way it is every election, both parties challenge the authenticity of the opposition's votes, as is healthy in a democracy. There's nothing new here, not even the fact that such complaints always come from the side that lost.

Democrats were not thinking about Republicans stealing elections? Do you think they are naive? From what I understand they are every bit as sly. Dems got lots of experience rigging elections, in other countries.

The reason u don't hear from Clinton is because they have George Soros and son working behind the scenes. He has hired thug to start riots and  right now, Sen Warren is on the "the view" complaining about being shout down on the debate for Sessions election but the real reason she got shut down is not what she was saying but she went way over on her time limit reading a letter from Loretta king and that is kinda funny because just before they brought her on, they were talking about Trump lying!

On 2017-02-08 at 8:34 AM, Topaz said:

The reason u don't hear from Clinton is because they have George Soros and son working behind the scenes. He has hired thug to start riots and  right now, Sen Warren is on the "the view" complaining about being shout down on the debate for Sessions election but the real reason she got shut down is not what she was saying but she went way over on her time limit reading a letter from Loretta king and that is kinda funny because just before they brought her on, they were talking about Trump lying!

Alternate facts again Topaz? Rule 19 was specifically stated by McConnell as the reason she should be silenced, a vote was taken and the House voted along party lines that she had violated Rule 19. Exceeding her time wasn't even mentioned in the motion to silence her. 

Really dumb on the Republicans part because by shutting her up in such a way, she has received many times the publicity she would if they had just let her read it. Since this happened,  it has been trending bigly on Twitter, millions have read Kings letter and $250,000 was donated to her election campaign within 12 hrs of her being shut up.

Where do you get this crap anyway?

First off, they're not allowed to insult each other, so what she did was use this letter and try to go through the backdoor to call him a racist - very transparent.  Secondly, I always get a little uncomfortable when people use MLK and his family to race bait.  Now, she's playing the "I am woman - therefore I am a victim" role. 

Is this really the horse you people are hitching to?  Really?

29 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

First off, they're not allowed to insult each other, so what she did was use this letter and try to go through the backdoor to call him a racist - very transparent.  Secondly, I always get a little uncomfortable when people use MLK and his family to race bait.  Now, she's playing the "I am woman - therefore I am a victim" role. 

Is this really the horse you people are hitching to?  Really?

Pot calling kettle. Good gamesmanship on her part but she ain't no Kellyanne Conway by a long shot.

Edited by Wilber

6 minutes ago, Wilber said:

Playing the "I am woman- therefore I am victim" card you say.

Male senators allowed to read full King letter.

From your article;

"To my knowledge, the other Dem speeches were not preceded by a prolonged disparagement of a colleague followed by warnings from the chair alerting the Senate to the ongoing disparagement so that an objection could be raised," Popp said in a statement. "Last night, Sen. Warren had been warned by the chair and continued to violate the rule anyway. I have not seen the others, but I understand that wasn't the case with their remarks."

8 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

From your article;

"To my knowledge, the other Dem speeches were not preceded by a prolonged disparagement of a colleague followed by warnings from the chair alerting the Senate to the ongoing disparagement so that an objection could be raised," Popp said in a statement. "Last night, Sen. Warren had been warned by the chair and continued to violate the rule anyway. I have not seen the others, but I understand that wasn't the case with their remarks."

"To my knowledge". Popp wasn't there for any of it. He is also McConnell's flunky. Doesn't matter anyway, because of McConnell, Warren has come out of this on top.

Edited by Wilber

On 2/6/2017 at 0:11 AM, ?Impact said:

I guess he did't do any open car tours through the south.

Obama was in the south alot, he campaigned heavily throughout the south, he won florida, turned republican south carolina blue, flipped another southern state in virginia blue, obama has been to every state and he has toured the gulf coast states several times as president.  Not only did Obama go down by car into Alabama, he got out of the car and walked side by side with people in huge crowds down in Selma, Alabama.

21845391-standard.jpg

21842107-standard.jpg

On 2/7/2017 at 11:40 PM, OftenWrong said:

That's the way it is every election, both parties challenge the authenticity of the opposition's votes, as is healthy in a democracy. There's nothing new here, not even the fact that such complaints always come from the side that lost.

Democrats were not thinking about Republicans stealing elections? Do you think they are naive? From what I understand they are every bit as sly. Dems got lots of experience rigging elections, in other countries.

Well it is true conservatives play dirty tricks to try to disenfranchise perceived liberal or democratic,specifically non-white voters every election.  This does have a history.  You don't have liberals trying to purge conservatives from the voter rolls in any state and not in federal elections.

Democrats were not thinking about Republicans stealing elections back in 2008 when they won with historic majorities.  They were thinking about healthcare laws, dealing with the wave of hate crimes directed at non-whites, equal pay act for women, fixing the broken economy of Bush and failed Republican policies.  Several historically red states had turned blue, so many republicans were plotting on how to rig the elections to prevent that from occuring again, so you got some extreme gerrymandering in 2010 congressional district lines.

The democrats were naive to some extent, many democrats did not want to focus on a 50 state strategy as Howard Dean had pushed for after 2008, the new leadership wanted to ignore states were winning was less likely and ceded alot of cities and rural areas in republican territory.  If the democrats really were not naive to vote rigging, they would have strengthed up the voting rights act prior to the republicans dismantled it through court challenges.

• 4 months later...

Update:   Democrats are still losing biggly, have lost all special elections for the U.S. House since President Trump was elected.

Michael Moore is calling Dems out for being clueless and leaderless:

Liberal activist Michael Moore lashed out at national Democrats on Wednesday after the party fell short in a special House runoff election in Georgia despite spending tens of millions of dollars on a race that was viewed as a referendum on President Trump.

Moore and others on the left are furious with what they view as a rudderless Democratic Party that has failed to develop a new strategy or message in the wake of Hillary Clinton’s surprising election loss in November.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/338811-michael-moore-dems-have-no-message-no-plan-no-leaders

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Update:   Democrats are still losing biggly, have lost all special elections for the U.S. House since President Trump was elected.

Michael Moore is calling Dems out for being clueless and leaderless:

And what I love about this is the denial, probably fueled by MSM focusing on fake news like Russia.  In fact we should probably thank the MSM, they are helping the Rep's win these special elections as they did the general election.  I love it!

6 hours ago, Omni said:

Naw I think you should thank Putin.

Poor fella. It must be hard to accept that people would prefer a Donald Trump over the likes of Hillary Clinton, or worse yet Nancy Pelosi. You leftists fall short when you blame someone else for your failings, never yourselves.

More Hillary sycophant nonsense.....the majority of eligible voters didn't vote for Clinton or Trump:

Feels_0_Splits.jpg&w=1484

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/16/a-lot-of-non-voters-are-mad-at-the-election-results-if-only-there-was-something-they-could-have-done/?utm_term=.1d20d1828479

Edited by bush_cheney2004

3 minutes ago, Omni said:

The people actually preferred Hillary. Perhaps popular vote is not a familiar term in your world.

My world is one of law, not convenience. If people are so incensed over Trump as you appear to be, why didn't they make any progress in the last 5 elections? Russians again?

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

My world is one of law, not convenience. If people are so incensed over Trump as you appear to be, why didn't they make any progress in the last 5 elections? Russians again?

So you apparently don't comprehend popular vote. I don't really care as I don't have to live under the guidance of this buffoon.

5 minutes ago, Omni said:

So you apparently don't comprehend popular vote.

You keep playing that one-trick pony about the EC as your excuse, if it helps you get through your day. Anything to prevent a liberal from doing a self critical review.

Beware a drowning man.

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

It's certainly not my excuse. Just pointing out to you how it thwarted the will of the people. I couldn't care less. I'm enjoying watching Trump make an ass of himself daily.

It has already been explained to you that the EC is part of a well balanced system called democracy. Again, rule of law vs.convenience.

Just now, OftenWrong said:

It has already been explained to you that the EC is part of a well balanced system called democracy. Again, rule of law vs.convenience.

It's not at all well balanced. It was put in place decades ago when a farmer didn't have access to information that might help him decide how to cast his ballot. It is completely out of date, and totally gerrymandered. And that's how you get idiots like Trump elected. 

33 minutes ago, Omni said:

It's not at all well balanced. It was put in place decades ago when a farmer didn't have access to information that might help him decide how to cast his ballot.

This is incorrect. The rationale behind the EC has to do with population, not farmers. This has already been explained to you, but appears you don't want to listen.

Recent elections show that considerable support for Trump still exists. I know, "what till next time..."   :rolleyes:

Democrats wasted time and money hyping the media over Donald Trump's every utterance, to get an emotional response from the public.  They should have worked on promoting useful political ideas, and behaved like professionals, like adults. They grossly underestimated the intelligence of voters, just as they did during the presidential election campaign. They did not learn from their mistakes.