Democrats Are In Disarray...Not GOP

24 minutes ago, kimmy said:

She made it clear who she thought was deplorable, and the idea that she was describing all Republican voters was just spin... spin that worked, unfortunately. Good for Kellyanne and good for Breitbart, and good for the Stormfronters and Pizzagaters and the rest of them as well for getting the Republicans to stand up for them I guess.

-k

She said half of trumps supporters were the "-ists" straight up.  People got tired of being associated with being defined as an "ist". Especially when being called an ist with no evidence.  That's a big reason why she lost.  

Everyone agrees that an "ist" is wrong, however throwing that word around to shut down debate to solve problems is also wrong and people were tired of being labeled as such.

Speaking of disarray within the GOP, McCain visited frontline Ukrainian troops today. It appears the party will soon be divided into pro- and anti-treason factions, along with a sizable contingent who will argue that reality is subjective.

Edited by BubberMiley

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Many Democratic candidates made the mistake of linking their opponents to Donald Trump and his "deplorable" supporters.

Great strategy for.....losing and election !

Many Republicans won after thoroughly distancing themselves from Trump. Some Republicans who lost, like Kelly Ayotte, lost after failing to distance themselves enough from Trump to satisfy their constituents.

-k

2 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Speaking of disarray within the GOP, McCain visited frontline Ukrainian troops today. It appears the party will soon be divided into pro- and anti-treason factions, along with a sizable contingent who will argue that reality is subjective.

It is interesting that for 3 and a half years Republican supporters loudly reminded everyone that Mitt Romney was right when he called Russia the greatest geopolitical threat to the United States.  Then Trump secures the nomination, with his financial ties to Russia and his Paul Manafort and the "Fancy Bear" hackers, and all of a sudden nobody on Elephant team thinks Russia is a threat to anybody anymore. Waifu-Putin is a kind, helpful man who would never hurt a fly, and America should want to be friends with such a terrific person!

-k

2 hours ago, blueblood said:

She said half of trumps supporters were the "-ists" straight up.  People got tired of being associated with being defined as an "ist". Especially when being called an ist with no evidence.  That's a big reason why she lost.  

Everyone agrees that an "ist" is wrong, however throwing that word around to shut down debate to solve problems is also wrong and people were tired of being labeled as such.

I've become pretty tired of the post-election normalization of the "ists" as you call them.  "Trump won the election, so we have to be more respectful of the white nationalists and the conspiratards and the racists and the Sandy Hook Truthers and so on, instead of demonizing and ridiculing them."  No, screw that. It will never be time to "dialogue respectfully" with those people.

What it is time for is to continue to point out that these people are dog-crap, and to point out whenever Trump and his team play footsie with those people.  Regular, non-"ist" Republican supporters can choose to either tell their guy to quit pandering to that element, or wear it.

-k

1 minute ago, kimmy said:

I've become pretty tired of the post-election normalization of the "ists" as you call them.  "Trump won the election, so we have to be more respectful of the white nationalists and the conspiratards and the racists and the Sandy Hook Truthers and so on, instead of demonizing and ridiculing them."  No, screw that. It will never be time to "dialogue respectfully" with those people.

What it is time for is to continue to point out that these people are dog-crap, and to point out whenever Trump and his team play footsie with those people.  Regular, non-"ist" Republican supporters can choose to either tell their guy to quit pandering to that element, or wear it.

-k

Republicans would love to throw the crazies under the bus, unfortunately those on the left have cried wolf with naming half of republicans as "ists" to the point where your problem arises.  How do reasonable republicans engage in debate with democrats if being labeled as ist is used to stifle debate? It's a big problem and the dems lost the White House.

i know you like to trash republicans, however the dems have their share of kooks as well.  

How many republicans are white nationalist conspiritards?  Half?

will the "dog-crap" on the left be pointed out with the same scrutiny?

31 minutes ago, kimmy said:

It is interesting that for 3 and a half years Republican supporters loudly reminded everyone that Mitt Romney was right when he called Russia the greatest geopolitical threat to the United States.  Then Trump secures the nomination, with his financial ties to Russia and his Paul Manafort and the "Fancy Bear" hackers, and all of a sudden nobody on Elephant team thinks Russia is a threat to anybody anymore. Waifu-Putin is a kind, helpful man who would never hurt a fly, and America should want to be friends with such a terrific person!

-k

Republicans know that the Russians are a threat and that Putin is dangerous, however they are wanting to make some kind of arrangement with Putin with a sense of skepticism.

however I don't agree with trumps line of thinking with Putin.  That guy only respects authority and the USA has been pussy footing around the globe since the end of Reagan.  And don't get me started with trump on free trade...

28 minutes ago, blueblood said:

Republicans would love to throw the crazies under the bus, unfortunately those on the left have cried wolf with naming half of republicans as "ists" to the point where your problem arises.  How do reasonable republicans engage in debate with democrats if being labeled as ist is used to stifle debate? It's a big problem and the dems lost the White House.

I have heard the theory that the "left" have cried wolf too many times, and have desensitized people to real actual bigotry.  Maybe there is some truth to that.

At present, however, it seems less like the boy who cried wolf, and more like the three monkeys-- see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. The Republicans who've proudly adopted the "deplorables" moniker to mock Hillary refuse to even acknowledge the existence of real, actual deplorables in their midst, or say anything to denounce them.

17 minutes ago, blueblood said:

How many republicans are white nationalist conspiritards?  Half?

I honestly don't know. Does it matter?  Whatever their numbers, the fact that Republicans continue to pander to these people should be disappointing.

19 minutes ago, blueblood said:

will the "dog-crap" on the left be pointed out with the same scrutiny?

I think the sensationalist coverage given to the post-election protests answers your question.  A few people set some dumpsters on fire in Portland and the geniuses at Breitpravda are acting like its an insurgency, and David Clarke wants to declare martial law. Any time some black activist or academic says something, the Republican supporters here make a new thread about it. I have no doubt that the kooks of "the left" will be subjected to tremendous scrutiny, high-energy scrutiny, the best scrutiny.

-k

42 minutes ago, kimmy said:

I have heard the theory that the "left" have cried wolf too many times, and have desensitized people to real actual bigotry.  Maybe there is some truth to that.

At present, however, it seems less like the boy who cried wolf, and more like the three monkeys-- see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. The Republicans who've proudly adopted the "deplorables" moniker to mock Hillary refuse to even acknowledge the existence of real, actual deplorables in their midst, or say anything to denounce them.

I honestly don't know. Does it matter?  Whatever their numbers, the fact that Republicans continue to pander to these people should be disappointing.

I think the sensationalist coverage given to the post-election protests answers your question.  A few people set some dumpsters on fire in Portland and the geniuses at Breitpravda are acting like its an insurgency, and David Clarke wants to declare martial law. Any time some black activist or academic says something, the Republican supporters here make a new thread about it. I have no doubt that the kooks of "the left" will be subjected to tremendous scrutiny, high-energy scrutiny, the best scrutiny.

-k

I think you see in the divisive nature of the continent at present is the fact that both sides are refusing to denounce their kooks.  And I think that is troubling.  What I'm seeing is a power play and no side wants to show a sign of weakness.

Personally I think the USA has been very divided since 2000 and Canada since Harper won his majority.  

What troubles me is how so many people can be whipped into such a frenzy and trump and Obama are quite skilled at it.

3 minutes ago, blueblood said:

...Personally I think the USA has been very divided since 2000 and Canada since Harper won his majority.  

OK...but America has been divided many times before that.   Americans have already seen this movie several times...it is not new just because triggered snowflakes can't handle a lost election.

13 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

OK...but America has been divided many times before that.   Americans have already seen this movie several times...it is not new just because triggered snowflakes can't handle a lost election.

Oh for sure. I would say it is in the middle of a divided upswing.  The snowflakes have been at it for a few years now

1 minute ago, blueblood said:

Oh for sure. I would say it is in the middle of a divided upswing.  The snowflakes have been at it for a few years now

The Democratic party has been bleeding out for years at the federal and state level.  Their playbook is empty....Obama will soon be gone along with his bruised message of "hope and change".    Michelle can't wait to get out of the White House....it's all turning to crap at the end.

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The Democratic party has been bleeding out for years at the federal and state level.  Their playbook is empty....Obama will soon be gone along with his bruised message of "hope and change".    Michelle can't wait to get out of the White House....it's all turning to crap at the end.

I agree, since 2010 it's been a bleed out.  They need better ideas and not platitudes.  

10 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

You can state correctly that you have been down the path before, and that will sound reassuring to people.  But many don't know their history and where this kind of divisiveness can lead.  And most abhor the idea of civil unrest at the level of the 1960s whether or not it's a necessary part of the prcocess.

12 hours ago, blueblood said:

Republicans would love to throw the crazies under the bus, unfortunately those on the left have cried wolf with naming half of republicans as "ists" to the point where your problem arises.  How do reasonable republicans engage in debate with democrats if being labeled as ist is used to stifle debate? 

Reasonable Republicans? Like whom? Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't think all the Republican voters are deplorables. Some of them are rich and voting for their own interests, and the rest are pathetic morons. 

The poster boy for moronic republican voters is Joe the Plumber. Remember him? He is almost your prototypical blue collar Republican voter, dumb to the core. It will surprise no one, I'm sure, that he loves Donald Trump.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-macaray/remembering-joe-the-plumb_b_7843822.html

Edited by Argus

10 minutes ago, Argus said:

Reasonable Republicans? Like whom? Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't think all the Republican voters are deplorables. Some of them are rich and voting for their own interests, and the rest are pathetic morons. 

The poster boy for moronic republican voters is Joe the Plumber. Remember him? He is almost your prototypical blue collar Republican voter, dumb to the core. It will surprise no one, I'm sure, that he loves Donald Trump.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-macaray/remembering-joe-the-plumb_b_7843822.html

This post shows why the dems have been shown the boot from all levels of govt.  ordinary people have had it with being talked down to by political elites and gave them a resounding middle finger.  The longer that republican voters are pathetic morons message goes the more they win.

lots of rich people vote democrat as well to protect their own interests and the democrats have their own gems supporting them.

i wonder why consumer confidence is at a 15 yr high and the Dow jones is sky rocketing...

5 hours ago, blueblood said:

i wonder why consumer confidence is at a 15 yr high and the Dow jones is sky rocketing...

DJIA started increasing before the election, in fact that was its highest rate of climb. It has been going down slowly over the past couple of weeks, but then this is the holiday season.

2 hours ago, ?Impact said:

DJIA started increasing before the election, in fact that was its highest rate of climb. It has been going down slowly over the past couple of weeks, but then this is the holiday season.

Now let's hear the real story-

Boom! Trump rally carries stocks to new records
Many predicted stocks would plunge, or even crash, should Trump upset Hillary Clinton. Initially that did happen, with overnight markets plummeting the night of the election.

Yet that freakout proved short-lived, with stocks racing higher on Election Day. Instead of focusing on fears that Trump could start a trade war, investors are hoping the president-elect will unleash the U.S. economy by cutting taxes, rolling back regulation and ramping up infrastructure spending.

"The basis for the rally is optimism about reversing Obama-nomics -- raising taxes and increasing regulation," said Peter Boockvar, chief market analyst at The Lindsey Group.

Edited by OftenWrong

2 hours ago, ?Impact said:

The real story is told by the numbers: The two most significant rises in the DJIA are the week before the election, and the second week of December. Look at the 3 month charts, they are easy to find on the web.

Perhaps you should send the links to Peter Boockvar, chief market analyst at The Lindsey Group, so that he can issue a correction.