Trump and Canada

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

This is a continuation of harmonizing CanAm entry and border security measures.   PM Harper and Obama admins were doing this stuff routinely.   Note that in 2011, no-fly lists were not shared....but perhaps they are now.

Also, since 2011, U.S. Homeland Security reported illegal Canadian overstays in a very public way...that was under Obama.

I edited and added above. Read what I quoted from my source.  Apparently, it's not law yet.

Edited by betsy

8 minutes ago, betsy said:

I edited and added above. Read what I quoted from my source.  Apparently, it's not law yet.

President Obama signed the U.S. bill (“Promoting Travel, Commerce, and National Security Act of 2016” ) into law on Dec. 16, 2016:

https://trainsinthevalley.org/2016/12/

Waiting for Canada now....

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

President Obama signed the U.S. bill (“Promoting Travel, Commerce, and National Security Act of 2016” ) into law on Dec. 16, 2016:

https://trainsinthevalley.org/2016/12/

Waiting for Canada now....

Canada will chicken out as they always do..

I wonder why US had a black muslim ad a president. There's nothing american about Obama

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

U.S. Sec'y of Defense "Mad Dog" Mattis has fired the first Trump era warning shots at NATO defense spending deadbeats like Canada and Germany:

"No longer can the American taxpayer carry a disproportionate share of the defence of Western values," Mattis told the alliance's 27 other defence ministers, according to a text of his remarks. "Americans cannot care more for your children's future security than you do."

...Germany, by contrast, spent 1.19 per cent of its overall budget on defence. Ten countries commit even less, and seven — including Canada, Italy and Spain — would have to virtually double military spending to reach the target. Luxembourg would require a fourfold increase to get close.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/us-mattis-defence-nato-spending-1.3985126

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Think Trump is playing about a thicker border...think again.   

This Canadian won't be scooting across the U.S. border with all the other snowbirds whenever he feels like it:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/us-border-1.3982272

A criminal offense.....is a criminal offense.  If it's in the system, it could haunt you.

Edited by betsy
  • Downvote 1

At the joint press conference with EU in Strasbourg, France......when someone commented about his "gymnastics" this week regarding his meeting with Trump, and now his meeting with EU........Trudeau was very, very careful with his answer.

He didn't dare deliver any  potshots at Trump.

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

On 2/13/2017 at 5:29 PM, Goh Shenas said:

I wonder why US had a black muslim ad a president. There's nothing american about Obama

Still buying Trump's birther crap I see. That very American guy finished out two terms as POTUS with one of the highest approval ratings in the country's history. If it wasn't for the two term limit Obama would still be there. And now after a month of Trump the place is in chaos. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Justin Trudeau's government is begging for more of Donald Trump's time and attention...

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and President Donald Trump are scheduled to speak by phone today and, according to a senior Liberal, the call is being held at the request of the Canadian government.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-trump-phone-call-1.3995675

Somebody should inform Mr. Trudeau that Mr. Trump is a busy man and doesn't have time to babysit Canada's problems.   If it's about illegal refugees crossing the border, then just deport 'em.

Seems that Trudeau just can't get enough Trump.

3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

OTOH I imagine like most people patience runs it's course and the desire to smack Trump up side his stupid orange head with a shovel takes over.

I think this violates forum rules against direct insults of world leaders.  Personal attacks only reveal anti-Trump desperation.

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I think this violates forum rules against direct insults of world leaders.  Personal attacks only reveal anti-Trump desperation.

I would have thought my barber comment was more personal.

In any case it would probably still take a shovel to deal with Trump's hair.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Canadian government is very happy that Canadians are more obsessed with Donald Trump/ USA, than their own government. This is exemplified by the discussions here on this forum. Canadians want to know/ argue about Trump despite it being of little relevance.

4 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Canadian government is very happy that Canadians are more obsessed with Donald Trump/ USA, than their own government. This is exemplified by the discussions here on this forum. Canadians want to know/ argue about Trump despite it being of little relevance.

Welcome back to planet Earth. How long have you been away?

A pussy grabbing, ignorant, compulsive liar, serial liar, misogynist, ...,  is important to all the world. Especially those in countries who are worried about how many of their children, friends and other loved ones will be murdered. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Welcome back to planet Earth. How long have you been away?

A pussy grabbing, ignorant, compulsive liar, serial liar, misogynist, ...,  is important to all the world. Especially those in countries who are worried about how many of their children, friends and other loved ones will be murdered. 

Sorry, which pussy grabber are you talking about

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, hot enough said:

...A pussy grabbing, ignorant, compulsive liar, serial liar, misogynist, ...,  is important to all the world.

Agreed....a temperamental, foul mouthed, breast smashing, drug abusing, campaign lying misogynist leading Canada is not important to all the world.

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1

On 1/23/2017 at 0:37 PM, phoulis said:

Canada signals possible U.S. trade deal that excludes Mexico to avoid ‘collateral damage’

In theory Canada has nothing to worry about a re-negotiation of NAFTA aiming to 'protect' American workers. The Canadian working class makes more money/is more expensive than America's. If anything it's in Canada's best interest to have labour protection amendments to the deal, so we don't lose manufacturing jobs to Indiana like we did in the past.

Also "kicking Mexico out" (if it indeed happens) would be a pretty good deal for both the US and Canada tbh.

Mexicans have been sure having it good these past few years. Mexico gets rid of millions of it's poor and criminals to the USA, they get American companies to go there for the cheap labor, and I am pretty sure that they benefitted big time from NAFTA. North America will always lose when it comes to Mexico. Trump needs to get that wall built now. 

5 minutes ago, taxme said:

Mexicans have been sure having it good these past few years. Mexico gets rid of millions of it's poor and criminals to the USA, they get American companies to go there for the cheap labor, and I am pretty sure that they benefitted big time from NAFTA. North America will always lose when it comes to Mexico. Trump needs to get that wall built now. 

Mexicans are now being exported to the north, under Donald Trump. And you know when they send them here, they're not sending their best...