Trump and Canada

27 minutes ago, Canadianjim said:

Absolutely.

According to this report, the USA is our #1 customer! Second is EU.

Country (bloc) Exports Imports Total Trade
United States 397,061.7 363,054.4 760,116.1
European Union 39,454.8 53,004.5 92,459.3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_largest_trading_partners_of_Canada

Why do you think the Canadian political pundits are in a panic when Trump won?

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, betsy said:

So....they've got the power over us too.  If that's how you're going to argue about it.

(I edited my previous post - check out the census.)

Just wanted to reply to something you asked in another thread (now locked) and that was about how did I assume Trump had assaulted women and my response quite simply is because I, and we all heard him bragging about it caught on tape when he was travelling with a reporter. I don't know how much more proof you would need but I understand Trump supporters aren't particular about facts. 

Justin Trudeau is wasting no time flip-flopping on Donald Trump because of the Keystone XL pipeline, even before Trump has been nominated.

Let's see...which country wants the cross-border pipeline really bad ?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/trudeau-pipelines-kinder-morgan-trans-mountain-calgary-1.3905846

1 hour ago, Omni said:

Just wanted to reply to something you asked in another thread (now locked) and that was about how did I assume Trump had assaulted women and my response quite simply is because I, and we all heard him bragging about it caught on tape when he was travelling with a reporter. I don't know how much more proof you would need but I understand Trump supporters aren't particular about facts. 

Well, you heard wrong, if that's how you interpreted it.  You took his words out of context. 

It was locker room talk!  Yes, it was crude.  So what?  They thought they were talking in private!

Furthermore, someone bragging about something does not necessarily mean it's true! It's not proof!

What more when it comes to sex - a lot of men brag about something that ain't true!  Machismo talking.

Especially when they have a deficiency in that department - if you know what I mean.

Nowhere does it compare anywhere near to the serious allegations against Bill Clinton!  It's hard to believe that Hillary didn't know about them!   Hillary being President would mean Bill Clinton back and freely roaming, and prowling  in the White House!

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, Canadianjim said:

Of course they have power the same as we do.

I'm lost.  Explain your point again about us having the power.

Do they need us as much as we need them?  That's a question to ask.

Our soldiers hitchhiking for a ride in their military plane comes to mind.

Edited by betsy

1 minute ago, betsy said:

I'm lost.  Explain your point again about us having the power.

As their largest custom they do not have economic power over us. As a a matter of fact since we are their largest energy exporter , they need us more we need them./ We have superior bargaining power. What we buy from them is not nearly a s critical.

20 minutes ago, betsy said:

Well, you heard wrong, if that's how you interpreted it.  You took his words out of context. 

It was locker room talk!  Yes, it was crude.  So what?  They thought they were talking in private!

Furthermore, someone bragging about something does not necessarily mean it's true! It's not proof!

What more when it comes to sex - a lot of men brag about something that ain't true!  Machismo talking.

Especially when they have a deficiency in that department - if you know what I mean.

Nowhere does it compare anywhere near to the serious allegations against Bill Clinton!  It's hard to believe that Hillary didn't know about them!   Hillary being President would mean Bill Clinton back and freely roaming, and prowling  in the White House!

No, I didn't hear wrong. I heard what I heard. If you can see your way to dismiss what he said then I can only dismiss you. But just let me ask you this, would you be happy if he came up and fondled you, just because he, and apparently you, think he's a star?

42 minutes ago, Canadianjim said:

As their largest custom they do not have economic power over us. As a a matter of fact since we are their largest energy exporter , they need us more we need them./ We have superior bargaining power. What we buy from them is not nearly a s critical.

Nope....70% of oil/bitumen corps in Canada are foreign owned.   Much of the original capital investment came from the USA.

Just now, Canadianjim said:

Under Canadian law.... sorry

Canadian law cannot raise the required capital...that's why so much of Canadian business is foreign owned.  Canada's government officially begs for foreign investment as a matter of policy/survival.   

Canada can never win a trade war with the United States.   Be fun to watch it try....

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canadian law cannot raise the required capital...that's why so much of Canadian business is foreign owned.  Canada's government officially begs for foreign investment as a matter of policy/survival.   

Canada can never win a trade war with the United States.   Be fun to watch it try....

Again.. Canadian sovereignty. .. investment doesn't change that. Keep struggling 

10 hours ago, Canadianjim said:

Again.. Canadian sovereignty. .. investment doesn't change that. Keep struggling 

Sure...that's why Canada's prime minister is already kissing Trump's butt...and he is not even prez yet.

Trudeau supports Trump on Keystone XL pipeline

Edited by bush_cheney2004

11 hours ago, Omni said:

No, I didn't hear wrong. I heard what I heard. If you can see your way to dismiss what he said then I can only dismiss you. But just let me ask you this, would you be happy if he came up and fondled you, just because he, and apparently you, think he's a star?

If you're a Canadian.....you should avoid using that faulty argument because someone can point to our PM who's assaulted a female MP in Parliament.

You seemed to have avoided that when someone already, rightly so, pointed it out to you.  The actual assault was recorded and played on tv.  The PM even acknowledged it, and  apologised for it - several times.

It didn't happen 10 years ago.  And unlike the tape of Trump, what happened in Parliament that day isn't open to any other interpretations.

Edited by betsy

12 hours ago, Canadianjim said:

If we rely on trade with them - yes they do have economic power over us.

As for energy - as far as I know, the USA does not need our energy more than you imagine they do.

The Canadian oil industry is largely foreign-owned and serves the needs of its corporate masters and not those of the Canadian people. Little has changed since then.

The current Canadian government seems nothing more than a subsidiary of the international oil industry which finds it more profitable to ship Canadian crude oil out of the country and add value to it through refining operations elsewhere.

Naturally, the large international oil companies that control most of the Canadian oil industry want to avoid the high taxes generally levied throughout Canada. Better to ship oil to the lightly taxed United States, refine it there, and sell it back to the Canadians or whoever offers the highest bid.

There is another way in which the international oil companies have thwarted Canadian energy independence. The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) prevents Canada from reserving more its oil production to itself in the event of an emergency. Canada is obliged to maintain the same ratio of exports to total production that prevails in any preceding 36-month period. No sudden cessation or reduction is allowed unless it is due to a decline in total production, something not in prospect anytime soon in Canada. (It's worth noting that Mexico, a major oil exporter to the United States and a signatory to NAFTA, refused to sign such an agreement.)

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/How-International-Oil-Companies-Have-Thwarted-Canadian-Energy-Independence.html

You should kiss Trump's butt for wanting to open up NAFTA!  Maybe we'll benefit from it in a way where we can have control over our oil.  What's the point of having oil when you don't have control over it?

Btw, Trump is going for energy self-sufficiency.  That could be a major problem for what you say is our so-called power.

Edited by betsy

15 minutes ago, Omni said:

So are you saying youf buddy Trump could grab your genitals and you/d be OK with it? Actually I can't believe I.m involved in such a ridiculous discussion. You carry on.

No, no, no, no.  Like you did with Trump's.....you're taking my statement out of context, too! :rolleyes:

I'm  saying you're slamming Trump over an out-of-context remark being pinned on him due to a questionable 10-year old tape that was brought out by a news media who wants to influence the US election......... and yet you're ignoring the assault committed by Trudeau on a female MP this year, which was shown on tv. 

Your perspective is quite twisted - that's what I'm saying. 

But of course, you're liberal-minded, are you not?  So, no surprise there.

Of course I'll carry on.  You got nothing to refute what I'd said.  :lol:

Edited by betsy

1 minute ago, betsy said:

No, you're saying you're slamming Trump over an out-of-context remark being pinned on him due to a questionable tape that was brought out by a news media who wants to influence the US election......... and yet you're ignoring the assault committed by Trudeau, which was shown on tv.

Your perspective is quite twisted - that's what I'm saying.  But of course, you're liberal-minded, are you not?  So, no surprise there.

Ity's quite apparent who is twisted here. Trump brags about assaulting women, and you actually think Trudeau's elbow equates. You must be delusional.

12 hours ago, Omni said:

Star wannabes get fondled not only by stars.  It's called an "audition couch."  For both females and males.  Some will give anything to get a shot at stardom.

Those who flock to a star - what they call groupies - are most likely to want to get fondled by a star.  They usually want it for "bragging rights."  You'd never guess who I made out  with last night -  the guy who played the butler on this famous tv series. Guess who grabbed me yesterday on the set.  Brad Pitt!  :lol:

I don't hero-worship a star.  Although I love watching movies and I've got some faves,  I don't care a hoot about them. 

One thing that turns me off a star I like is when they open their big mouth and start talking politics, and spewing out their idiocy! How can they become believable in a role that requires some intelligence?  That spoils it for me. :lol:

It'd be like watching a radical high-profile lesbian playing the lead in a chick flick movie, making goo-goo eyes romantic scene  with the male lead! 

Edited by betsy