Maybe no Brexit exit.

taxme

52 minutes ago, Wilber said:

So why did May chose as her foreign secretary, a man second only to Farange when it comes to antagonizing the EU?

Boris Johnson is s joke...First he put his hat in for the race for leadership. Then he gets shafted by his colleague Michael Cove and when Theresa becomes prime minister he gets the job as foreign minister...His choice for the job is a mere coincidence...

34 minutes ago, kactus said:

Boris Johnson is s joke...First he put his hat in for the race for leadership. Then he gets shafted by his colleague Michael Cove and when Theresa becomes prime minister he gets the job as foreign minister...His choice for the job is a mere coincidence...

A "coincidence" not lost on the EU.

7 hours ago, blackbird said:

First of all, there are already  over a million Muslims in Canada, many of who would be Canadian citizens.  I presume you're not talking about them.   Secondly, for those crossing the border lately, we have an immigration system that works by laws already in place.  The migrants coming across the border must go through the existing immigration system process.   They can't be just shipped out.  They have to go through the refugee determining process and can appeal the outcome.  It could a year or more for each one.  But that system can only be changed by changing the law.

A million muslims in Canada? Boy, are we really asking for it. I wonder what will happen when they reach 3-4 million? M-103 may just be the beginning of more attempts by muslims to demand exceptions. 

Illegals have no rights to any hearing because they crossed into Canada illegally. They should be considered as criminals, and denied the right to any appeals. Why do you want to give illegals all kinds of rights that they do not deserve. If we send these people the message that if you cross into Canada illegally you will be treated as a criminal and will be denied any chance of becoming a Canadian citizen, and will be shipped out. Canada has laws that want to treat illegals as if they are citizen's and they have all the rights as citizen's. The laws in place favors the illegals, and not Canadians, and their being allowed to stay in Canada for possibly up to a year is a sad case of taxpayer's tax dollars being abused. Hundreds of millions of tax dollars are/have been stolen from the Canadian taxpayer's. With liberals in power I do not expect them to change the law at all. They appear to be quite pro-refugee, and this does not look good for Canada or Canadians. Like I have said, Trudeau as already told those illegals in the Stataes that they are welcome to come to Canada, and I am pretty sure that they will take him up on it. And man, you will get to pay for it all. Think about that when you go to work tomorrow, and have taxes taken off your paychecks to cover the costs of looking after those illegal and criminal refugees at huge expense or maybe what I should say so-called refugees because I don't believe that the majority are real refugees.   

8 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

In this discussion of the Brexit, you're using the majority vote for convenience.  Statements like "When are the Canadiansheeple ever going to wake up" prove that you don't actually respect majority views, except when they're convenient.

Like I said already minorities do get to rule over the majority, and the majority are forced to abide by their rules. There is no majority rule in Canada and that is why Canadians are paying high taxes, and have little freedom to speak out. 

Do you think that if Canadians had a chance to vote on issues like bilingualism,multiculturalism,foreign-aid,massive third world immigration, and were told at the time that all these programs are going to cost you the taxpayer billions of tax dollars over time, do you honestly believe that these programs mentioned would ever have become pretty much the law of the land? But a minority were allowed to foist all those programs on Canadians without giving Canadians a chance to have a say as to whether they wanted these programs or not. The majority would like to see capital punishment be brought back. But again a minority says we cannot have CP. Believe what you want to believe. 

7 hours ago, kactus said:

This is exactly my point to taxme....

In the absence of a solution with substance to tackle the immigration he is just saying ship all the existing refugees...

Well, at least I am offering a solution. What are you offering as a solution? Just keep bringing them in, and we will talk about it later?  

Sometimes in life there has to be some tough love if one would like to see a possible racket come to an end, and in my opinion, immigration is a racket, and much of it is of no benefit to the host Canadians. 

27 minutes ago, taxme said:

Canada has laws that want to treat illegals as if they are citizen's and they have all the rights as citizen's.  

If you believe in following laws, then why do you want to violate the international convention & protocol on refugees?

11 minutes ago, taxme said:

The majority would like to see capital punishment be brought back. But again a minority says we cannot have CP.

Wrong, you are misquoting statistics. 39% want capital punishment, 45% want life imprisonment without chance of parole, and 15% are not sure. Of those who wanted capital punishment, we see that they are based on completely false premises like the supposed money it will save - capital punishment is the most expensive option of all by several orders of magnitude.

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Impact - cite request on the capital punishment numbers here.  I have usually seen more in favour.

Probably the same Angus Reid poll that others are relying on, but I actually looked at the results and not the headline. The question one asks, or doesn't ask, has a lot of influence on getting the results you want; this poll illustrates it in spades.

Edited by ?Impact

7 hours ago, taxme said:

Well, at least I am offering a solution. What are you offering as a solution? Just keep bringing them in, and we will talk about it later?  

Sometimes in life there has to be some tough love if one would like to see a possible racket come to an end, and in my opinion, immigration is a racket, and much of it is of no benefit to the host Canadians. 

Yeah sure you are offering a "final solution" for all those refugees that are already there...herd them all and ship them back. Yeah I get it....

14 hours ago, Wilber said:

So 

“So perverse is mankind that every nationality prefers to be misgoverned by its own people than to be well ruled by another” 
― Charles James Napier

The Scots could well make the case that they have not been well ruled since Brexit.

Before the Scots attempt to leave the UK over Brexit, they might want to get some specifics on their supposed membership in the EU as a new country.  It is not at all clear that the EU wants them.  They are small, fractious and their economy is traditionally a shambles that is heavily dependent on the UK.  Does the EU really want another 5 million dependents?

Next country to bail out of EU probably won';t be Scotland- it may well be Ireland.  Not Northern Ireland, but Eire.  They have a huge economic relationship with the UK right now, and that is very very unlikely to be sustained on Brexit.  Brussels will not allow it.  Some hard choices ahead!

27 minutes ago, overthere said:

Before the Scots attempt to leave the UK over Brexit, they might want to get some specifics on their supposed membership in the EU as a new country.  It is not at all clear that the EU wants them.  They are small, fractious and their economy is traditionally a shambles that is heavily dependent on the UK.  Does the EU really want another 5 million dependents?

Next country to bail out of EU probably won';t be Scotland- it may well be Ireland.  Not Northern Ireland, but Eire.  They have a huge economic relationship with the UK right now, and that is very very unlikely to be sustained on Brexit.  Brussels will not allow it.  Some hard choices ahead!

I agree that they would need to confirm their position with the EU before they make a decision on independence. I'm not saying the Scots will leave or stay, I just don't presume to tell them what they would or should do. 

39 minutes ago, Wilber said:

I agree that they would need to confirm their position with the EU before they make a decision on independence. I'm not saying the Scots will leave or stay, I just don't presume to tell them what they would or should do. 

Yabbut... what will the EU tell them now, and what tiny portion of that will be the truth, and what larger portion will be intended to wield a club over the UK and Brexit negotiations?   Ironically, the Scots need to get permission from the UK Parliament to hold another separation referendum.  It is unlikely to be forthcoming, the country just did this very thing recently.  If I was London, I'd tell the Scots to shut their pieholes and wait their turn. 

I am actually a loyal Scot, my mother is from there and I have seen firsthand the passions of the country.  But far too many Scots live in a cozy bubble of generational entitlement and transfer payments.  They are hooped without a lot of money from London, they would be more hooped without even more money from Brussels.  What motivation does Brussels have to take that on?  A pie in the face to the UK by taking on another welfare state member is just silly.

40 minutes ago, overthere said:

Yabbut... what will the EU tell them now, and what tiny portion of that will be the truth, and what larger portion will be intended to wield a club over the UK and Brexit negotiations?   Ironically, the Scots need to get permission from the UK Parliament to hold another separation referendum.  It is unlikely to be forthcoming, the country just did this very thing recently.  If I was London, I'd tell the Scots to shut their pieholes and wait their turn. 

I am actually a loyal Scot, my mother is from there and I have seen firsthand the passions of the country.  But far too many Scots live in a cozy bubble of generational entitlement and transfer payments.  They are hooped without a lot of money from London, they would be more hooped without even more money from Brussels.  What motivation does Brussels have to take that on?  A pie in the face to the UK by taking on another welfare state member is just silly.

We don't know what the EU will tell them and a pie in the UK's face may well be a factor considering the comments of aholes like Farange. My father's ancestors came from England in the 1840's and my mother was an English war bride. My wife's grandparents were Scottish immigrants. Neither of us would like to see the UK break up but it is for the Scots to decide. The Scots don't really need anyone's permission to have a referendum, it would just make for a bunch more legal hassles without Westminster's agreement. 

3 hours ago, kactus said:

Yeah sure you are offering a "final solution" for all those refugees that are already there...herd them all and ship them back. Yeah I get it....

Again, what is your solution? Never mind playing the avoidance game, give me a solution. It's a simple question. Over. 

3 hours ago, ?Impact said:

Probably the same Angus Reid poll that others are relying on, but I actually looked at the results and not the headline. The question one asks, or doesn't ask, has a lot of influence on getting the results you want; this poll illustrates it in spades.

Referendums will always work. 

11 hours ago, ?Impact said:

If you believe in following laws, then why do you want to violate the international convention & protocol on refugees?

Wrong, you are misquoting statistics. 39% want capital punishment, 45% want life imprisonment without chance of parole, and 15% are not sure. Of those who wanted capital punishment, we see that they are based on completely false premises like the supposed money it will save - capital punishment is the most expensive option of all by several orders of magnitude.

I don't recall the Canadian government ever asking me if I wanted to sign up on some international agreement on refugees? Looks to me like that agreement is just another tactic being used to be able to flood a country with people they do not need nor can afford. There are suppose to be tens of millions of refugees all around the world. If every western country took in everyone one of them I can guarantee that in a years time there will be another million or two refugees. They have a birth problem in those countries and this needs to be addressed not just keep continuing with this dumping of refugees on a country that does not need them nor can afford them. A bit of common sense and logic here.  

On 3/16/2017 at 0:43 PM, Wilber said:

Almost all their trade is with England, not Europe. And that oil money is getting smaller every year. They'd be nuts to leave.

As the EU want to eradicate all nationalism therefore they strongly discourage any secessions. That's why both Scotland and Catalonia and perhaps some other prospective new countries are told by the EU that they are not automatically EU-members but have to go through years of membership-negotiations.

There's not going to be another referendum in Scotland and the Spanish government will never allow a referendum in Catalonia.

• 2 weeks later...

The Scottish Parliament granted the Scottish government an approval to seek another independence-referendum following Britain's EU-exit.

I doubt such a referendum will be granted. The issue was settled three years ago and the margin of victory for those who wanted to remain in the UK was convincing. Clutching at straws springs to mind.

Both the Scottish referendum and the Brexit-referendum showed that in a country where referenda are not the usual instrument, like in Ireland or Denmark, those who lose the referenda always refuse to acknowledge defeat and look for some "changed circumstances" which require another referendum.

The loss of Britain was a devastating blow for the EU; the EU would have needed Britain much more than the other way round. It was not only because Britain is a major important power that losing them hurts the EU like hell but also because the Brits actually going their own way sets a precedent that it is possible to secede from the EU. It was possible in theory to secede from the USSR as well but until 1991 any soviet-state which would have tried that would have found out the hard way that it is no allowed.

Last but not least losing Britain is a blow as the EU itself has imperial ambitions and the British have easily the strongest army in the EU, the French can say whatever they want but it is true, and losing such fire-power makes the EU more of a paper-tiger.