Trudeau selling access for cash

Argus

Just now, Derek 2.0 said:

What did I say that was a lie?

-A Chinese Banker had a private dinner with Trudeau, which wasn't mentioned in his very public itinerary----This is Fact

-Said banker, prior to the dinner, was waiting on Federal approval for a new bank funded with Chinese money in Canada. Trudeau is the head of the Federal Government---this is Fact

----After said Dinner, said Bank was approved by the Federal Government, of which Trudeau heads-------this is Fact

---After said approval, said banker donated the money to build a statue of the Prime Minister's father-----this is fact

There was no private dinner, there was a fundraising dinner to which many people paid to attend. The provisional approval was made under the government that Ambrose was part of. There are billion of transactions that happen each and every single day in the government, what involvement did the Prime Minister have with this one? What does a donation to a foundation that the Prime Minister is not in any way involved have to do with anything.

Only lying sleezbags like Rona Ambrose are the corrupt ones for wasting taxpayer dollars on creating innuendo. She is a perfect example of why the Conservatives have no place in government, they have to manufacture scandals because they are no longer in power to direct their own ones.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

The name on the foundation is not that of the Prime Minister, and the Prime Minister has nothing to do with the foundation. It was created after the death of his father in his fathers name, there is no involvement of the Prime Minister at all. The lying scum who want to create innuendo like this instead of doing their taxpayer funded jobs should be fined $10,000 per hour they waste, Ambrose is nothing but lowlife scum.

Go peddle it somewhere else, I'm not buying it.

Personally I think we need to take the separation of wealth and power even more seriously than we do the separation of church and state.

I just checked the Bank Act, and Wealth One Bank of Canada appears on Schedule I as of December 31, 2015; long before this dinner party took place. In fact it received it's Letters of Patent on July 22, 2015, a full 3 months before the Liberals were elected to power. They did receive their final clearance to start operating by the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions on July 7, 2016, but the OSFI is an independent agency. The Superintendent, Jeremy Rudin, was appointed in  June 2014 for a 7 year term, long before the Liberals were in power. 

This is nothing but a low life scumbag Rona Ambrose trying to manufacture a scandal where none exists. Maybe Rona should talk to the useless Joe Oilver and ask him why he appointed Mr. Rudin if she thinks there is a scandal.

Edited by ?Impact

6 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Rona Ambrose trying to manufacture a scandal where none exists.

Did Rona force Trudeau to have dinner with said bankers? For his Government to approve said bank? For said banker to donate money to the Trudeau foundation and build a statue of Justin's father? 

23 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Go peddle it somewhere else, I'm not buying it.

Same, and of course you and I hardly ever see eye to eye........I find great humor in the Trudeau cheerleaders rushing to defend this.........I wonder if anyone built a statue for Harper's pa after he approved a bank for them? :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Derek 2.0 said:

Did Rona force Trudeau to have dinner with said bankers? For his Government to approve said bank? For said banker to donate money to the Trudeau foundation and build a statue of Justin's father? 

Rona Ambrose was part of the government that appointed the superintendent that gave the final approval, the only event to happen after this dinner. It was Rona Ambrose's government that approved the bank, issued the letters of patent, and listed it in the Bank Act as a schedule I bank. Rona Ambrose has far more to do with this than does Justin Trudeau.

Edited by ?Impact

Just now, ?Impact said:

Rona Ambrose was part of the government that appointed the superintendent that gave the final approval, the only even to happen after this dinner. 

Per the bank's own website:

The vision was fully realized on July 7th, 2016 when the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI) officially granted an Order to Commence and Carry on Business allowing the new Bank to open its doors and begin serving customers in the community.

BUT RONA!!!!! :lol:The Bank itself, likewise the media, have cited the date it opened its doors....after the dinner with Trudeau.........Maybe Trudeau greased the wheels of Government and got things moving for these humble would be bankers..and got some money donated and a statue built of his Dad as a reward?

What's amazing is that partisans on either side think that their side is fine and the other is the problem. 

As if it is somehow mutually exclusive. 

The rest of us know it doesn't matter whether they are called Lberals or Conservatives: either way politics and business will be greased.  

They just are not that different from each other. 

So, meh. 

1 minute ago, Derek 2.0 said:

The Bank itself, likewise the media, have cited the date it opened its doors.

i already stated that the final approval to operate was on July 7, 2016. That approval came from superintendent of the OFSI who was appointed for a 7 year term that spans the Liberal government mandate (June 2014 to June 2021), an independent agency. The initial approval and listing as a schedule I bank happened prior to the Liberal government mandate. This bank is 100% on Rona Ambrose's government - period. That fact is undeniable. 

Just now, ?Impact said:

This bank is 100% on Rona Ambrose's government - period. That fact is undeniable

But:

1 minute ago, ?Impact said:

i already stated that the final approval to operate was on July 7, 2016.

Why don't you sleep on it...maybe have a good cry, then we'll straighten this out :lol:

1 minute ago, Derek 2.0 said:

But:

When you misquote me, you only prove that you are not interested in facts and only in partisan bickering.

That approval came from superintendent of the OFSI who was appointed for a 7 year term that spans the Liberal government mandate (June 2014 to June 2021), an independent agency.

This is 100% on Rona Ambrose. If she thinks there is a scandal, then she is fully responsible for the scandal and should resign.

19 minutes ago, Derek 2.0 said:

Same, and of course you and I hardly ever see eye to eye........I find great humor in the Trudeau cheerleaders rushing to defend this...

In the wake of Trudeau's corruption do you still think Harper's Accountability Act is worth cheering about? 

It makes one wonder if politicians are going to be able to keep charitable foundations in their name in the future as it's very easy to implicate them (whether true or not).  I am not including the Trump foundation my assessment, of course, because they have been above reproach and also their charitable foundations don't seem to be charitable

16 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

It makes one wonder if politicians are going to be able to keep charitable foundations in their name in the future as it's very easy to implicate them (whether true or not).  I am not including the Trump foundation my assessment, of course, because they have been above reproach and also their charitable foundations don't seem to be charitable

The Clinton Foundation....Trump's foundation......

what's all this about foundations? 

There's something about foundations.

Soon after the $1,500-a-person Liberal fundraiser, Zhang and another man signed an agreement to give a $1-million donation to the Montreal charity named for Trudeau’s father, along with the University of Montreal’s Faculty of Law.

“This is the same thing that got Hillary Clinton in trouble down south,” Strahl said. “You too closely mix your personal, your business, your political and your governmental work, and people … cannot unscramble this mess.”

Strahl said the prime minister is not involved in the day-to-day operation of the foundation, may not have had anything to do with Zhang’s donation and that he is not accusing him of that. The “problem,” according to Strahl, is that the “Trudeau family (are) the ones who choose the directors.”

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/chuck-strahl-quits-board-of-pierre-elliott-trudeau-foundation-1.3175914

Edited by betsy

5 minutes ago, betsy said:

There's something about foundations.

There is something indeed.  They seem to be like statues of the founder more than entities that help people, and yet people do get helped on some level with ALL of them even Trump's.

Why don't people believe that big organizations do things ?  Isn't part of the problem here rooted in people being unable to see the benefits, because there is no natural human narrative for this ?  That is: "large organization helps this person or that person".  People don't believe government helps either.

Some possible reasons: the people who are helped are invisible, are quiet, and are not those who pay the freight.  Maybe they are poor, addicted, helpless ?  The people who do the helping are inevitably helping build up an image of the foundation of its founder, which is an act of EGO.  Didn't Jesus tell us to pay alms in secret ?  Isn't pride a sin ?  I think that is part of it too - nominal foundations don't sit well with regular people.  They are not something the average person would ever be involved with, and they seem like propaganda vehicles.

On 11/22/2016 at 0:15 PM, Argus said:

Never was a big fan. What we need is a new conservative government which is actually conservative. Harper had the idea that if he was as moderate as possible, and ignored conservative beliefs, including a balanced budget, the media and leftists would hate him less. They didn't. They despised him as much as they would have if he was the arch conservative they continue to claim he was.

A "balanced budget" isn't a conservative belief and never really has been. As for leftists despising Harper... That's just how politics works these days. People on the left would hate politicians on the right even if those politicians implemented what the left wanted letter for letter. And vice versa. Its just a big dumb game. People care more about the left/right culture war than  their own well being and their own kids futures.

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

It makes one wonder if politicians are going to be able to keep charitable foundations in their name in the future

The most interesting thing is this is not Justin Trudeau's foundation, nor is it in his name. He has nothing to do with it, but lying lowlife like Rona Ambrose are trying to create innuendo for their own partisan advantage. There is nothing Justin Trudeau can do about the foundation, it is not his.

12 hours ago, ?Impact said:

So, what does the Trudeau Foundation have to do with anything? No politicians involved, just a bunch of crazy assed partisans with their filthy, stinky, innuendo. The scuzballs who are trying to link this to the Prime Minister are human filth.

Soo... it was just a coincidence that this guy pays to see Trudeau, then donates money for a statue of his dad and then is given a schedule one licence to operate a bank in Canada. Have I got that right? And it turns out the operation of that bank is already getting off to a swell start given the background of the characters involved.

The founder and a chief investor of a new Canadian bank aimed at Chinese Canadians was fined for mishandling client insurance claims and faced allegations he duped Chinese immigrants into buying expensive policies they could not afford.

Another principal investor in Wealth One Bank of Canada misrepresented his credentials on the bank’s website, claiming he was a senior ranking member of China’s legislature and an advisory body to that country’s leaders.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/the-murky-beginnings-of-a-new-canadian-bank/article33034258/

1 minute ago, Argus said:

and then is given a schedule one licence to operate a bank in Canada

...by the superintendent of the independent agency that was appointed by Joe Oliver who was the finance minister for the Conservatives, and his appointment goes well beyond the current government mandate. This is 100% on Rona Ambrose.

Is it really that much of a stretch to see why or how a story like this only contributes to the growing sense that the economy and political system is rigged against ordinary people?

But hey, carry on because the more this sentiment increases the sooner it'll blow up in everyone's faces.

Bring on the demagogues.

53 minutes ago, Argus said:

It most definitely IS a conservative belief.

I don't see any evidence of that. Both sides like to spend big and borrow big, just on different things. See conservative support for the GWOT for example... the most expensive project in human history. Or conservative support for the F35 which would be the largest government expenditure in Canadian history.

This whole "fiscal conservative" thing is just a boiler plate talking point. Its not actually real, or something conservatives do. This is true in Canada where the Harper government ran up record deficits, and in the US where the last republican to balance the budget was Eisenhour nearly 70 years ago.

18 hours ago, ?Impact said:

While I can understand Strahl wanting to get away from the centre of this political fiasco, blaming it in the liberals only is laughable. It is the idiots who are trying to link a $250k donation to a worthy cause (ok, the $50k for erecting a status is a bit over the top) to the Liberals are just as bad as the Liberals trying to defend it by invoking Strahl. The continual calling it a $1 million donation is just more proof that the idiots are really that, because it was a $250k donation.

Actually it was initially reported as a million dollars, so that's why people are saying that.  Not that it would matter to you what the amount was, you would still defend it, that's why you're here right?

So your PM who warned his members away from these sort of conflicts just happens to be at a party where a Chinese billionaire also is attending who also needs a bank approved and also happens to donate money to Trudeau's fathers foundation, you would have to be an idiot to think he did it just out of the goodness of his heart, now, while you are here to cover for them, you aren't an idiot.

The Problem isn't that this happened so much as it is this person thought our government was somehow for sale and your PM simply lied about most everything he has said thus far, they are AT LEAST as bad as the conservatives ever were, but you go ahead, i know you have a job to do, you don't happen to work for Canada 2020?

7 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

There is no charitable foundation in Justin Trudeau's name.