cybercoma

Greg,

Can I suggest a few add-ons? Take 'em or leave 'em, but some of them were features present in the previous version of the board, others I thought might be useful.

clear notifications

post to PM

hide quote from first post (If you're still serious about people not quoting the opening posts)

topic post stats

online indicator

preview post

most viewed topics

I'm definitely having issues with either quoting or the reply box in chrome and firefox.  In the event I change my mind about quoting someone and decide to start with a fresh reply box the reply box opens with whoever or whatever I initially quoted still in the reply box.  I can't seem to find an easy way of simply deleting the quote from the reply box. It's really annoying.

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I'm definitely having issues with either quoting or the reply box in chrome and firefox.  In the event I change my mind about quoting someone and decide to start with a fresh reply box the reply box opens with whoever or whatever I initially quoted still in the reply box.  I can't seem to find an easy way of simply deleting the quote from the reply box. It's really annoying.

To delete a quote box you have to hit CTRL + Right Click on the box (CMD + Right Click on Mac). That will bring up a context box that gives you the option to do a few things. The bottom option is "Remove Quote."

I have absolutely no idea how to do it on a phone or tablet. If someone knows, please let me know.

Edited by cybercoma
phone/tablet question

13 minutes ago, WestCoastRunner said:

The star is greyed out on the Donald/Hillary thread and this one too. 

Yup. If it's greyed out that means there's been no new posts since your last post or last reading of the thread. If it's a star, that means you've contributed to the thread. Only the dark blue ones have new posts. If you're signed out, you won't see them at all because it tracks it by your logged in account.

Just now, cybercoma said:

Yup. If it's greyed out that means there's been no new posts since your last post or last reading of the thread. If it's a star, that means you've contributed to the thread. Only the dark blue ones have new posts. If you're signed out, you won't see them at all because it tracks it by your logged in account.

Got it. It's still a pain that I have to scroll down if I'm not signed in but it makes sense if it wants to keep track. 

21 minutes ago, WestCoastRunner said:

Got it. It's still a pain that I have to scroll down if I'm not signed in but it makes sense if it wants to keep track. 

At least it's all clear now. I was wondering why it wasn't working for you. You've got to be signed in for it to work.