Forum Upgrade Satisfaction Poll

cybercoma

New Forum Upgrade  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm almost getting the hang of it.  Is there a way of getting the new content to show up without each and every new post in a thread showing up individually?

The old site would simply show a thread with new content in one place regardless of how many new posts were in it, and the button took you to the first new post.

Thanks

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I'm almost getting the hang of it.  Is there a way of getting the new content to show up without each and every new post in a thread showing up individually?

The old site would simply show a thread with new content in one place regardless of how many new posts were in it, and the button took you to the first new post.

Thanks

On the Unread Content page, there's a list of 7 menu options along the top (Show me, Content Types, Read Status, etc...). Under "Show me", change the setting from "content items, comments, and reviews" to "content items only".  

Edited by Bonam

5 minutes ago, Bonam said:

On the Unread Content page, there's a list of 7 menu options along the top (Show me, Content Types, Read Status, etc...). Under "Show me", change the setting from "content items, comments, and reviews" to "content items only".  

That works, thank you.

On the "old" board I could type in to a quote citation who I'm quoting, if it was outside the board, such as "New York Times" or "Bible," etc. Can this still be done? How?

2 hours ago, jbg said:

On the "old" board I could type in to a quote citation who I'm quoting, if it was outside the board, such as "New York Times" or "Bible," etc. Can this still be done? How?

That would be a very useful feature. I never figured out how to do it, and I am sure I tried before the upgrade as well.  That is why I generally do not use the quote, except for responses to board posts. In other instances I put the quote in italics and in normal font I put the citation. I also usually try to put a link to the original source as well.

This is the first day I've been really active on the site almost two weeks, as I was on vacation. I'll have to play around with it more. But the notification interface on the previous mobile version seemed simpler. I guess I'll have to use it more to see how it functions with frequent use.