Liberalism is a mental disorder

betsy

Based from the convoluted rationale given by a lot of liberals, I tend to think that there is some truth to what some psychologists/psychiatrists claim.

WASHINGTON – Just when liberals thought it was safe to start identifying themselves as such, an acclaimed, veteran psychiatrist is making the case that the ideology motivating them is actually a mental disorder.

“Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded,” says Dr. Lyle Rossiter, author of the new book, “The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness.” “Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave.”

Dr. Rossiter says the liberal agenda preys on weakness and feelings of inferiority in the population by:

• creating and reinforcing perceptions of victimization;
  • satisfying infantile claims to entitlement, indulgence and compensation;
  • augmenting primitive feelings of envy;
  • rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government.

“The roots of liberalism – and its associated madness – can be clearly identified by understanding how children develop from infancy to adulthood and how distorted development produces the irrational beliefs of the liberal mind,” he says. “When the modern liberal mind whines about imaginary victims, rages against imaginary villains and seeks above all else to run the lives of persons competent to run their own lives, the neurosis of the liberal mind becomes painfully obvious.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2008/11/56494/#mFuB7mdTB0yi3Fd7.99

This video of Maher, Harris and Affleck.....the first few minutes point to the "failure" of liberals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vln9D81eO60

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you can learn more about Lyle Rossiter in the Encyclopedia of American Loons. He basically concludes that if you don't agree with his political position then you are mentally ill. I think the good doctor is low on lithium.

What a great site that is.

Seriously, it shows the nuts on the right and left.

Yes, you can learn more about Lyle Rossiter in the Encyclopedia of American Loons. He basically concludes that if you don't agree with his political position then you are mentally ill. I think the good doctor is low on lithium.

Well, I don't just think so because someone said so.

I'm basing my opinion from a lot of liberals I'd encountered - a lot of them have an odd way of thinking.

They lack insight....or have a weird way of looking at things. A lot of them are having a hard time grasping

simple common sense.

There's gotta be a malfunction somewhere in there because I can't believe they're all really that stupid.

Edited by betsy

Just check out Ben Affleck's response and expression above - he seems frothing! He doesn't listen to what's actually being said. The explanation is not registering.

At timer 9:00, the explanation is totally lost on him. His analogy of the Philippines is wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vln9D81eO60

Edited by betsy

Liberalism isn't so much a disorder as the apparent need to adopt the value systems that are opposite of social conservatism by "Progressives". Islam being the ideal culture to embrace in this regard. It ticks-off the Progressive's political opposite. No matter the hypocrisy involved re: women, homosexuals and liberal values in general.

Liberal values aren't the objective...my observation.

They lack insight....or have a weird way of looking at things. A lot of them are having a hard time grasping

simple common sense.

There's gotta be a malfunction somewhere in there because I can't believe they're all really that stupid.

Funny, that's exactly what I think about people who believe in religion!

Absolutely, any analogy that points out the problem with your 'logic' must be wrong. The person who proposed that analogy must be frothing mentally ill. I get it. Time for a new entry in the Encyclopedia.

Wait......let's look at your logic.

Explain why you think Ben Affleck's response about the Philippines isn't wrong.

Edited by betsy

Why would anybody name a thread "Liberalism is a mental disorder" and then expect any serious discussion?

I think Liberalism is hopelessly confused. All these groups and interests apparently meeting under the banner of 'Liberalism'. More like what special interest trumps the other special interest.

"Liberalism" is basically a stance that treats the individual among ALL people as justly significant regardless of one's accidental inheritance. The faults that exist in it is precisely the same fault in the "conservative" camp. It is the GROUPS with power who always take president over the individual simply because their cohesiveness and the numbers of those involved. As such, the 'faults' present in the "liberal" camp is of a CONSERVATIVE form in that they represent a belief in preserving distinct status for some CULT(ure), Religion, or some form of Inheritance 'rights' that they believe are of their own particular in-group alone. The only reason these conservatives exist at all in the "liberal" camp is that they UTILIZE it by collecting others from other similar 'conservative' interests who believe they are intrinsically more worthy than others. To any present FORMAL 'conservative' group, the represent some general power or relatively fewer powers of Nationalistic assholes in sync with these other ones stealing the 'liberal' political side.

So please....give us all a break. Your own formal present majority of "conservatism" is not only no different, it is WORSE by the fact that it is both as discriminatory AND in a highly more advantageous position than the rest of the collective ones robbing the LEFT. That is, they actually believe precisely in the same exact policies you do other than they don't have the present power.

For those on the sincere "liberal" side, if you are not one of these collective Nationalists, please take careful notice at what is going on. We need to take the reigns of power to get every individual treated fairly. The opposing factor in the 'conservative' side is actually the "libertarians", who at least have some similar rational interest in the individual. So we should also try to encourage them too to defeat the Nationalistic Cultish groups of the Right-wing parties so we can at least have any government better than these segregationalistic discriminatory hateful Nationalists all taking notice and ruining it for us all!

You're resorting to troll posts again. Is it because you're still embarrassed by that failed attempt to deny that Trump admitted he pays no taxes? You have to admit, that was pretty dumb.

How can somebody who is supposed to be "freedom loving" deny another persons freedom to wear what they want or smoke what they want?

Say what they want, write what they want, draw what they want, read what they want, see what they want, meet who they want, go where they want, die when they want...

Why would anybody name a thread "Liberalism is a mental disorder" and then expect any serious discussion?

That's a claim being made. Books have been written about it. It's up to you if you want to respond seriously, or not.

If only liberals are the ones responding........based on what is being claimed, should I expect a serious discussion? :)

I just did a quick scroll....someone brought up Christians again! :D

Some of the liberal responses actually prove what the book(s) claim.

Edited by betsy