MLW poll for the 1st Presidential debate

The 1st POTUS debate  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm annoyed by you constantly burning strawmen and thinking you're brilliant for it. Yes. Regardless of who these kinds of polls support, they are not statistically valid. That was my point and you're asking me to psychically predict where the US electorate will be on Election Day. I'm not even sure you understand that the statistically valid polls are literally only valid for a specific moment in time and that people's intentions change. Did you strike a nerve? No. I'm annoyed with you constantly jumping into conversations and claiming I'm arguing something that I'm not. Especially because you're not a god damned moron, so I have to believe you're doing it intentionally to be a nuisance..

Thank you! Another that has noticed the asinine comments from member DoP. Twisting words, attributing something to you that you did not say. speculation, asshattery, general idiocy. ect ect ... I guess if it works for him to make him feel better.

Your last line sums it up. I mean I don't want to call him a troll, but ....

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it is a mistake to have allowed a debate to have such influence on an election. It is similar to a verbal job interview where people are coached by professionals to look as good as possible - having nothing to do with the qualifications for the job.

The better debater will not necessarily be the best person for the job. In fact, the personalities who do change the world for the better are usually the quiet ones who work in the background, are smart negotiators and especially people who can choose effective consultants and advisers.

The evolution of the Hollywood style of campaigning gives the Obamas leverage over the Powells and results in the prioritization of presentation and quantity over quality. The Americans have TV'd themselves into the House of Bush, House of Clinton and the House of Kennedy taking turns ruling over their land.

As you go on to ignore the numerous examples I gave about the selection bias. It's not so much that you don't know what you're talking about that bothers me, it's that you're completely unwilling to understand why you're wrong.

I know exactly what I'm talking about. You're making crap up that has nothing to do with what I said. Everyone had the same opportunity to respond to the online polls. That's not my opinion, it's a fact. There is nothing about being a supporter of one answer or the other that makes them more able to respond.

I know exactly what I'm talking about. You're making crap up that has nothing to do with what I said. Everyone had the same opportunity to respond to the online polls. That's not my opinion, it's a fact. There is nothing about being a supporter of one answer or the other that makes them more able to respond.

You think online polls are as reliable as properly done, statistically valid polls?

Trump supporters were expecting Hillary to show signs of medical distress, or have coughing fits, or pass out. Or start crying in the face of Manly-Man's swaggering style. They had really talked themselves into believing that she was on death's door... and that the debate would show everybody how sick she was. It didn't happen, so I'm assuming Trump boosters must be pretty disappointed overall.

-k

I can't speak for other Trump supporters.

I was not expecting her to do any of those.....but I was waiting to see IF she would've done so, due to her near collapse.

Edited by betsy

Why would you assume the enthusiasm of the relatively tiny portion of the populace that attends rallies in person would make any sort of statement about the voting preference about the large portion of the populace that doesn't?

-k

If you ALSO take into consideration the momentum that Trump had during the primary,

the polls before the debate that had him tied to Hillary in spite of the many negative weeks he's had that showed his numbers go down and up,

and you also weigh in the people's clamor for change, not only from the Reps but also from the Dems (Sander's popularity),

and the talk of a ground swell, and the rumours of hidden Trump votes (by those who refuse to come out in public),

and you add the unscientific, non-traditional polls that shows Trump was considered winner of the debate.....

.......why wouldn't you think of that possibility?

Edited by betsy

Every real poll since the debate has shown Hillary regaining the lead since the debate. Even Fox News poll showed the same. Michael linked to it a page back. Here's a summary of recent polling, showing Hillary gaining ground in key states.

While the non-scientific online polls brigaded by basement dwelling teams from 4chan did show Trump winning, scientific polling shows Hillary won... even the Fox News poll.

And while Kelly-Anne Conway had been able to get Trump to act like a normal person for several weeks leading up to the debate, he's clearly gone off the rails again. Staying up all night hate-tweeting about a former beauty-pageant winner is both pathetic and hilarious. What a loser. Conway must be tearing her hair out right now. I see Trump has also withdrawn his vow to respect the results of the election, replacing it with an "I don't know, we'll see." That lasted for 5 whole days...

-k

Well, now it's official.

Mic Dropped: Debate commission admits 'issues' with Trump’s audio

The Commission on Presidential Debates admitted Friday there were indeed issues with Donald Trump’s audio at Monday’s debate – four days after the Republican nominee complained about sound issues inside the venue and was mocked for it by Hillary Clinton.

“Regarding the first debate, there were issues regarding Donald Trump's audio that affected the sound level in the debate hall,” the CPD said in a short statement Friday afternoon.

"I was a little bit upset that the microphone in the room wasn’t working," Trump told reporters Monday night.

The next day, he continued to bring up the sound issues.

"My microphone in the room, they couldn’t hear me," Trump said on Fox and Friends. "I wonder if it was set up that way,” he added. “It was terrible."

Trump said there had been no issue with the microphone before the debate, and suggested a more sinister motive at play.

“I don’t want to believe in conspiracy theories of course, but it was much lower than hers and it was crackling,” he said.

Clinton mocked the complaints at the time.

“Anybody who complains about the microphone is not having a good night,” she told reporters Tuesday.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/01/mic-dropped-debate-commission-admits-issues-with-trump-s-audio.html

It's most likely he's being sabotaged.

Edited by betsy

Does it really matter which polls?

After all, ALL MAINSTREAM POLLS are not credible!

There's a big difference between scientific polls and online polls where people get to vote as many times as they want. Thinking back to the 2012 election Republican boosters got themselves into a tizzy, telling everyone how the mainstream polls were all biased and wrong, how the Republicans had the real data, how Nate Silver was wrong and dumb and homosexual, and how surprised everybody was going to be on election night when Romney won.

Of course as it turned out the polls were right and the Republican claims to the contrary were wrong and Nate Silver's analysis was right virtually down to a county-by-county level.

And now here you guys are again, going down the same path where there's no objective information available and data is democratized so that we can pick which facts we like and which we ignore. Clearly you guys didn't learn anything.

-k

I can't speak for other Trump supporters.

I was not expecting her to do any of those.....but I was waiting to see IF she would've done so, due to her near collapse.

You were the one most enthusiastically promoting the theory that she was gravely ill. Surely you must have been a little disappointed that she appeared completely healthy?

-k