PMO staff's six figure moves

Derek 2.0

And there we go, the two Trudeau cronies.......Butts and Telford:

Two of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s top aides billed taxpayers more than $200,000 in moving expenses, mostly for legal and real estate fees covering the sale of their million-dollar Toronto homes, The Globe and Mail has learned.

Gerald Butts, the Prime Minister’s principal secretary, and Katie Telford, his chief of staff, were reimbursed for moving their families from Toronto to Ottawa, a source told The Globe.

One move cost almost $127,000, while the other was more than $80,000, although it’s not clear which expenses were associated with which aide.

Over $200K to move the two from Toronto to Ottawa..........because its 2016. :rolleyes:

Edit to add Liberal integrity:

Public land records show Mr. Butts sold his million-dollar Toronto home for $630,000 more than he paid for it, while Ms. Telford made close to $500,000 on the sale of her $1,005,000 Toronto home earlier this year.
Edited by Derek 2.0

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if it was 50k in fees, another 50k to move 4 hours down the road? What was he moving, another whole house, the actual, physical house?

Two years of Duffy for 90k that was paid back and this guy, charges us 100k to move a few hours down the road to a job he volunteered to do, he wasn't force transferred. It's ridiculous.

This guy is a member of the far left intelligentsia, former head of the world wildlife fund, but considering his million dollar home, environmental activisim, aka, doing whatever you can to kill our economy, seems to pay pretty well. It's this guy who is writing the job killing pipeline and carbon tax polices for this country, some pigs surely are more equal than others.

Everything about this government is the embodiment of hypocrisy.

This guy is a member of the far left intelligentsia, former head of the world wildlife fund, but considering his million dollar home, environmental activisim, aka, doing whatever you can to kill our economy, seems to pay pretty well. It's this guy who is writing the job killing pipeline and carbon tax polices for this country, some pigs surely are more equal than others.

Didn't Butts help craft the Ontario clean energy program too?

Interesting that Butts says he will repay about $20,000 or so in land transfer tax.

I consider that a legitimate expense to be reimbursed as compared to the BS "personal" items.

But maybe he is throwing this in because he can at least deduct it and save 50 cents on the dollar while making this all go away. A small price to pay.

Lots smaller than coming up with $90,000 to pay someone else's expenses.

Edited by msj

Sad day really. when someone as much as admits to stealing federal tax dollars, "grins, shrugs a shoulder, asks to Much" here take some back....

Even sadder day when the liberals in the crowd, know there is a problem but just lower their heads , and murmur well at least now they are going to look at the problem....better than the cons did......Sure it is.....But I left here scratching my head...Did these people file false claims.....if so whats is the consequence's to that ? and if not Why are they returning the money, if they are legally entitled to have it.....why return it.....

Is that what you think went on here....2 high ranking Liberals stuck their hands up and asked parliament I think I got to much for my moving claim.....i'd like to give some back? Is that what you meant by transparency.....or was it uncovered some how by a 3 rd party.....

And to counter your point....This entire issue ....is not what the Cons did for the last 9 years.....but rather what current Liberal MP's are doing now....

Is that what you think went on here....2 high ranking Liberals stuck their hands up and asked parliament I think I got to much for my moving claim.....i'd like to give some back? Is that what you meant by transparency.....or was it uncovered some how by a 3 rd party.....

We don't have a clue about the previous government because even though it increased to cost of the PMO many fold, every time we asked for details we were stonewalled. Transparency is what the current government is offering, providing the details that the previous government hid.

Well, at least they are going to look into closing the cookie jar. Something Conservatives had the opportunity to do but failed.

When you read it. It is up to the minister to use their indiscretion and negotiate with the person moving. It was also said on CBC or CTV that Harper cap it at 30,000 dollars for the PMO. The minister that signed off on this was Trudeau himself. And the funny thing is, these 2 are in charge of keeping Trudeau out of trouble and win the next election.

Edited by PIK

It was also said on CBC or CTV that Harper cap it at 30,000 dollars for the PMO.

Has that been verified, or is it still just a statement from a Conservative MP? If it was capped, then why was the cap not specified in the rules? What specifically was capped? The incidentals that were returned were below $30k in each case.

I wonder how these costs compare with the private sector. How much would a corporation pay in compensation for moving a executive of the company to a new location?

I agree - this is why it is not much of an issue for me.

People with similar jobs do get this type of money for moving reimbursement and if it is good enough for the private sector then I am ok with it in the public sector.

So, meh.

It is up to the minister in charge when it comes to the PMO, which is the PM. Trudeau said yes to this scam. Kenney in a Interview said the most he approved was 5g's for a staffer to move up from DC. Tells me the PM has very poor judgment, but then what would he know, everything has been look after for him since he was born.

Edited by PIK