The War on Terror has failed

GostHacked

I can assure you, the USA has enough military ALONE to exercise Von Clausewitz's axiom on ANY nation on Earth if folks like LeMay get their way and end it in a weekend rather than a generation.

So, as I mentioned already and you rejected, the West is left yelling at the children to stop fighting.

But, that's apparently 100% BS.

So why?

Assad's still in power! No matter how much support ISIS gets from the west!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Years ago, General (and later Secretary of State) Colin Powell shared his experienced views on war:

The Powell Doctrine states that a list of questions all have to be answered affirmatively before military action is taken by the United States:

Is a vital national security interest threatened?
Do we have a clear attainable objective?
Have the risks and costs been fully and frankly analyzed?
Have all other non-violent policy means been fully exhausted?
Is there a plausible exit strategy to avoid endless entanglement?
Have the consequences of our action been fully considered?
Is the action supported by the American people?
Do we have genuine broad international support?

If the North American nations had taken that wise advice there would be no conflict to-day in the Middle East.

100% Bull.

You don't debate you name call.

The point Dog made is well known:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/13/opinion/obamas-doctrine-of-restraint.html?_r=

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/obamas-strategic-restraint-doing-smart-stuff-11144

You call it bull, Obama admits it is his policy:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/obama-tells-west-point-that-u-s-must-lead-globally-but-show-restraint-1.2656856

Restraint can be strategic yes-it can prevent escalations of conflict but in the case of Obama many feel

it has shown weakness and actually empowered terrorists, Putin, Iran and adversely impacted on US interests:

https://www.thecairoreview.com/essays/obamas-tarnished-legacy-in-the-middle-east/

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/feb/12/donald-lambro-obamas-weak-leadership-empowers-puti/

http://carnegieendowment.org/2014/06/09/costs-of-u.s.-restraint-in-syria-pub-55827

I have come to expect from you though, the inability to debate and the pat insults whether it

be with me or anyone else who expresses a view you don't agree with.

What he said was not bull you just don't want to debate it.

For the war on terrorism to have failed someone would need to determined it has stopped.

It is illogical to say its failed if it continues because then such comments necessarily are

premature.

I have yet to read one iota of evidence from Big Guy as to evidence fighting terrorism does not work.

The fact is the war of terrorism is not over and continues and will escalate and take on new forms as

terror cells and alliances with each other and nations mutates and evolves.

Once the freeze on income to Iran was lifted thanks to Obama. the tap was turned back on for Iran

to finance terrorism and they have since then.

Iran is the principal financier of Syria, and the pro Syria axis, in particular Hezbollah, while Saudi Arabia is

the prime financier of the anti Iranian forces and many Sunni terror cells.

The fact is as long as the world is dependent on oil in the Middle East, terrorists in that area, with access to funds and weapons which they get from Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Turkey, EU nations, private arms brokers, North Korea, failed Soviet states looking for cash, etc., terrorism will continue.

Edited by Rue

The problem with the "war on terror" is that was never the actual objective. Why would anyone be surprised that something that was not the goal didn't happen?

The war ON terror is a misnomer. Its a war OF terror and as I said we're getting our assess handed to us. The war of terror is a roaring success when viewed from the other side.

It's phenomenal how the placement of a simple vowel flips everything around.

Edited by eyeball

"There are no innocent civilians. It is their government and you are fighting a people, you are not trying to fight an armed force anymore. So it doesn't bother me so much to be killing the so-called innocent bystanders."

--- LeMay

Are you sure LeMay didn't plagiarize this from Bin Laden? It sounds like something he might have had good reason to say as well.

You might be glad for the moment but this settlement won't sit well with our side for long. Not at all.

"Our side" ? Who says you are on or speak for "our side" ? Lots of glad today...NCAA football....lots of glad tomorrow...NFL football. Terrorists can watch but they don't get to play.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

The premise is to pretend something else is happening - that were fighting ON something. It's quite silly actually.

Your comment is ambiguous. It allows you to deny what you claim and say the responder did not understand you

when they do respond. I get the shtick. You've been using it along time on this forum. Oh its not what you meant.

What you are suggesting of course in a deliberately ambiguous way to leave yourself a way to deny, is that the West is not involved in anti terrorism but instead engages in a false flag, a ruse.

Your vague reference would suggest the war in Syria has nothing to do with terrorism, neither does the war in Iraq or the attacks by terrorists across the world on innocent civilian.

So what now, do we pretend ISIL-Daesh, Al Quaeda/Al Nusra, Hezbollah, Hamas, Islamic Jihad, PFLP, Fatah, don't exist and attack and kill innocent civilians.

Do we deny terrorism exists and is being fought by governments?

Terrorism is real. The battle against it is real.

Sure the war in Syria has many causes. All the the conflicts in the Middle East and around the world ae caused by a complex

maze of cause and effects.

So? It is illogical to argue since there may be more than once cause for a conflict, terrorism is not one of the aggravating factors and is being fought against.

Pretending terrorism in a deliberately vague manner isn't being fought for partisan political opining doesn't mean terrorism is not being fought..

Edited by Rue

For the war on terrorism to have failed someone would need to determined it has stopped.

No, the war on terror has failed as it is still on going. Remember Mission Accomplished? Right. How IS Iraq, Sirya, Libya, Afghanistan these days? Getting any better? How much longer do you need to determine if it has failed or not?

One does not need that the thing in question be stopped in order to determine it has been a failure.

I have to say it would be easier to support al Qaeda if they could tighten up their targeting standards and rules of engagement. Same is true of "our side" I guess. If we'd focused on overthrowing dictators instead of helping to create them I'd have more respect for our side.

A pox on everyone in the meantime.

I have to say it would be easier to support al Qaeda if they could tighten up their targeting standards and rules of engagement. Same is true of "our side" I guess. If we'd focused on overthrowing dictators instead of helping to create them I'd have more respect for our side.

A pox on everyone in the meantime.

Yah I know you and Ghost, Big Guy, Hudson Jones, etc., believe

you are experts on terrorism and counter-terrorism but guess what, I don't.

I think its absurd for you to come on this forum and think you have sufficient information to question let alone understand terrorism

and counter-terrorism.

Your comments are laughable if for no other reason none of you have a clue what it is like to live and

die with terrorism or what it takes to contain it but think you do.

Sofa counter intelligence experts.

Edited by Rue