Red Cross Report Torture

The International Committee of the Red Cross has charged in confidential reports to the United States government that the American military has intentionally used psychological and sometimes physical coercion "tantamount to torture" on prisoners at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba.
also asserted that some doctors and other medical workers at Guantánamo were participating in planning for interrogations, in what the report called "a flagrant violation of medical ethics."

New York Times article

OK my wording on the topic title may be a little strong since they said "tantamount to torture". Nevertheless this again raises grave concerns over the treatment of prisoners who are being detained indefinitely.

Surely the time has come when the Bush administration needs to tidy up its act, remove the prisoners from their current location and give them due process.

Thoughts anyone?

Hopefully, people will bury the lame argument that ongoing torture scandals merely reflect a few bad apples. Torture and war crimes (along with general corruption) have been widely documented in Iraq, Afghanistan and Guantanamo. Look at the way the Bush administration even treats U.S. citizens, such as Captain James Yee and John Walker.

The buck has to stop somewhere, and George W. Bush's hands are dripping blood.

I can't help wondering if these prisoners will have to wait for a new government to come into power before they could hope for due process and to be treated by the Geneva Conventions.

There are times when it seems to me that humanity is spiralling downward. But then I realise that something as simple as the next election could intiate a change of direction.