26 birth houses identified used by Mainland Chinese.

He doesn't live in China so of course he doesn't care about their citizenship process. It's completely irrelevant. Hell, why not talk about the citizenship process in Namibia or Azerbaijan? Because it's stupid and irrelevant just like the citizenship laws in China. We're not Chinese. We don't live their. Their laws don't apply to us or our country.

Edited by cybercoma

He doesn't live in China so of course he doesn't care about their citizenship process. It's completely irrelevant. Hell, why not talk about the citizenship process in Namibia or Azerbaijan? Because it's stupid and irrelevant just like the citizenship laws in China. We're not Chinese. We don't live their. Their laws don't apply to us or our country.

Being proud of stupidity is nothing to be proud of. Including Canadian stupid.

Their immigration laws are actually more intelligent.

Edited by G Huxley

Oh so you hold China to a different standard which you do to Canada making your position on Canada hypocritical to say the least.

like Cyber says. I hold china to the standard of "I don't give a shit why, how or when" they grant citizenship. I do care about those things regarding Canada granting citizenship.

like Cyber says. I hold china to the standard of "I don't give a shit why, how or when" they grant citizenship. I do care about those things regarding Canada granting citizenship.

Aside from us and the Americans, who else grants citizenship to anyone born in the country, even to foreigners?

Care so much you a willing to give it to tourists, for nothing.

Not tourists, Wilber. Any child born here gets it for nothing. Free. Without charge; No investment whatsoever; no back-ground checks; no tests. newborn babes get it just like every other newborn babe in Canada.

Edit to add: Actually one requirement: Birth certificate showing that person was born here. Upon production of such then no question whatsoever about whether they are Canadian citizen.

Edited by Peter F

Not tourists, Wilber. Any child born here gets it for nothing. Free. Without charge; No investment whatsoever; no back-ground checks; no tests. newborn babes get it just like every other newborn babe in Canada.

Edit to add: Actually one requirement: Birth certificate showing that person was born here. Upon production of such then no question whatsoever about whether they are Canadian citizen.

Their parents are tourists on a visitors visa.

Just to clarify my position on citizenship by birth, since it seems some keep bringing up that the parents of the newborn may just be tourists, as if they are trying to get to where I would draw a line. Let me provide an imagined scenario in which citizenship by birth would still stand.

A woman is pregnant in some other country somewhere. She thinks it would be really cool if she gave birth in Canada so's she, at cocktail parties, could mention that her child is also a Canadian! Wouldn't that be the coolest thing?. So the time comes and off to Canada she goes (maybe at her own cost, maybe at somebody else's cost, whatever). She gives birth to a fine child, and then returns to her home country.

At future gatherings she and her peers laugh and giggle at the fact that Canada allowed her child to have Canadian citizenship. Silly Canada!

To my mind the citizenship stands. Even then!

Edited by Peter F

Perhaps that too light-hearted. Maybe a much darker scenario...

The Caliphs of ISIS get a plot together to get a sleeper-agent into Canada. They learn that Canada grants citizenship to any that are born there. Excellent...

So they find some fanatic but sensible woman who is pregnant. Provide the funding and papers for her to travel to Canada and give birth then return to the Caliphate.

IF It comes off without a hitch. The child is then raised as a super-secret, super-fanatic with the aim of sending that child back to Canada to commit all sorts of terrorists acts.

Would that citizenship still be granted by me IF I knew that that was the plan? Yes. No problem whatsoever.

Edited by Peter F

To my mind the citizenship stands. Even then!

So are you one of those 'free borders' folk who believe we should let in anyone who wants to come here?

If not do you have any standards at all for who comes here?

Contrarily, are you one of those folk who think Canada is basically a "place" like an island, owned by no one, with no culture. Anyone can come and go as they please and it's all the same to you.

Edited by Argus