Canadian Anthem changed during the MLB Allstar game

And it wasn't changing "All our Sons" to "All of Us" like JT wants.

http://www.12up.com/posts/3453787-video-words-to-the-canadian-national-anthem-inexplicably-changed-at-asg?a_aid=40030

​​Many of you are probably not familiar with the lyrics to "O, Canada", so let me explain.

There is a line that is supposed to say, "With glowing hearts we see thee rise, The True North strong and free!" Instead, The Tenors disregarded that line entirely and substituted this: "To our brothers and sisters all lives matter to the brave".

So not only did the group completely offend an entire nation by changing the words to their national anthem, but they also made a poor political stand in a place where all politics should be left out.

So apparently saying All Lives Matter as a counter-point to Black Lives Matter is super racist. This should spark some controversy tomorrow.

And it wasn't changing "All our Sons" to "All of Us" like JT wants.

http://www.12up.com/posts/3453787-video-words-to-the-canadian-national-anthem-inexplicably-changed-at-asg?a_aid=40030

So apparently saying All Lives Matter as a counter-point to Black Lives Matter is super racist. This should spark some controversy tomorrow.

Dammit, I missed that. I started listening to it but it put me in mind of Bleeding Gums Murphy so I tuned it out.

The National Anthem is a solemn musical tribute to the nation. That is why it is expected that people stand to recognize its reflection of the pride of the nation. It is not a commercialized tune which can be changed at will or to satisfy an agenda.

This was an insult to Canadians and bone head move on the part of the individual.

Expect the Canadian mainstream media to disallow comments on this topic. Can't risk people forming the wrong opinion...

Also, people are ignoring the bigger controversy here. 'to our brothers and sisters' is an agendered microaggression. 'to our siblings' would have been more appropriate.

Edited by -1=e^ipi

Perhaps the Liberals should have called for a new anthem instead of changing the words to O Canada. I've always liked the music to The Maple Leaf forever, and it reflects the flag. Many people are saying they had never heard of the Tenors.

I have to admit I never had. When I heard them introduced, I thought it was Plácido Domingo, Luciano Pavarotti and the other guy.

Sort of along the lines of Jason Kenny's quip about Canada's First Settlers did except Kenny deliberately meant to diminish the distinctiveness and identity of Canada's 1st Nations. All identities should matter but at the same time I'm an Earthling. I'll cut the rogue tenor some slack because I think he meant well however poorly thought out the manner by which he chose to express it.

As a parent of a schizophrenic I do know that black parents aren't the only one's having the cop-talk with their kids.

Jason Kenny is saying native identity doesn't matter - they're just settlers, no different than anyone else. Naturally this is going to get under the skin of native Canadians. Remigio Pereira struck the same nerve and however well intentioned it hurt instead of soothed. However much their racial identity is a real pain in the ass when it comes to dealing with cops or rednecked Albertans their identities are also a key to alleviating that pain.

Trying to blur or worse go under the importance of racial lines is just stupid. Trying to rise above them obviously takes more delicacy than Pereira exhibited.

Sort of along the lines of Jason Kenny's quip about Canada's First Settlers did except Kenny deliberately meant to diminish the distinctiveness and identity of Canada's 1st Nations. All identities should matter but at the same time I'm an Earthling. I'll cut the rogue tenor some slack because I think he meant well however poorly thought out the manner by which he chose to express it.

As a parent of a schizophrenic I do know that black parents aren't the only one's having the cop-talk with their kids.

I agree. I also think even should one be intending insult, like burning a flag, can and should be 'allowed'. I interpreted the guy as reflecting the frustration of backlash against some conspiratorial 'white' (and 'male') population through the extremes of the collective Nationalists (by my broad definition). I'm getting tired of it too. I've always been fair to everyone more than many others I've witnessed from all backgrounds. But it is becoming virtually illegal to speak against the present onslaught of cultural supremacists asserting their victimhood as due to a whole genetic 'white' and 'male' class, most of whom don't even associate with ANY cult themselves in contrast to those 'white males' who also support the trend, given their own onus to being the ones who are most guilty of such discrimination in fact!

If you are one who feels that "we" all belong to some ethnic, cultural, or religious distinct group by default, it is most likely that YOU ARE of those who create the very stereotypes causing all the hate. The majority of people everywhere are mixed genetics who lack any strict association to your cultural nationalism or 'pride'. And you're enhancing the problem by such belief as you treat the 'cure' to your own in-group problems by a vengeful opposing discrimination that penalizes only those who disagree to either of your extremes.

Jason Kenny is saying native identity doesn't matter - they're just settlers, no different than anyone else. Naturally this is going to get under the skin of native Canadians. Remigio Pereira struck the same nerve and however well intentioned it hurt instead of soothed. However much their racial identity is a real pain in the ass when it comes to dealing with cops or rednecked Albertans their identities are also a key to alleviating that pain.

Trying to blur or worse go under the importance of racial lines is just stupid. Trying to rise above them obviously takes more delicacy than Pereira exhibited.

Native identity isn't affected by their being settlers. But that's not the point. You want to cut this guy some slack when he changed the national anthem in front of millions, but Kenney's an awful person because he tweeted a congratulatory message to FN.

I don't have a bone to pick with either of them, but if I did, it would be with the one with the better singing voice.