Anglicans vote to allow same-sex marriage in Canada

What about same married same sex couples that are abstinent?

The only marriage recognized by Jesus Christ is the union between a man and a woman.

There's no such thing as same-sex marriage. Doesn't matter how many times gay/lesbians go through marriages - whether in churches or civil - it's only sanctioned by humans......not by God.

Genesis 2

18 The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”

19 Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals.

But for Adam[f] no suitable helper was found. 21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs[g] and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib[h] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

23 The man said,

“This is now bone of my bones

and flesh of my flesh;

she shall be called ‘woman,’

for she was taken out of man.”

24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.

25 Adam and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame.

Matthew 19

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’[b]? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

Furthermore....

If both the Old and the New Testament (Romans 1) refers to homosexuality as unnatural, it goes without saying that same-sex marriage is also considered by God as, unnatural. That's simple logic!

If it's so important for gays/lesbians to be "married," then they can go through the motion that heterosexuals do.....but, they're only fooling themselves if they think that by going through the motion of marriage, their union is the same as heterosexuals in the spiritual sense that it's God-approved. It's not. It's only approved by humans.

Any preacher/church that sanctions same-sex marriage is the kind of preacher the Bible warns us about:

2 Cor 11: 13-15

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

They're leading people astray. According to that verse, they are working for the agenda of Satan, and they'll answer

dearly for that.

Matthew 7:21-23

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Edited by betsy

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matthew 7

True and False Disciples

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’

23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Yup, indeed. And this, from Romans 14:1-23

"As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. ... "

1 Corinthians 13:1-13

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; "

i certainly do not perceive love, nor willingness to accept others as they are from you, Betsy. Perhaps you need to consider how God is viewing you, rather than worrying out how God is viewing homosexual people.

If it's so important for gays/lesbians to be "married," then they can go through the motion that heterosexuals do.....but, they're only fooling themselves if they think that by going through the motion of marriage, their union is the same as heterosexuals in the spiritual sense that it's God-approved. It's not. It's only approved by humans.

oh my! Is there no spiritualism without gawd/god/God?

The church that goes against the will of God, and sanctions same-sex marriage would be like the church of Sardis, that's mentioned in revelations.

Sardis: The "Dead" Church (Revelation 3:1-6)

The church at Sardis was described as being “dead” (3:1). It appeared to be alive – had “a reputation of being alive” – looked spiritually vibrant on the outside – but was spiritually lifeless. The church was Christian in name only. This recalls Christ’s scathing rebuke of the Pharisees who “look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men’s bones and everything unclean” (Matthew 23:27).

https://www.gci.org/bible/rev/sardis

Yup, indeed. And this, from Romans 14:1-23

"As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. ... "

1 Corinthians 13:1-13

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; "

i certainly do not perceive love, nor willingness to accept others as they are from you, Betsy. Perhaps you need to consider how God is viewing you, rather than worrying out how God is viewing homosexual people.

Your quote-mining is irrelevant! We're not quarelling over mere opinions. We're sifting the truth from the lies.

Satan is the master of deception. Never think there is no satanic influence over the corruption of churches.

Satan also quote-mined from the Scriptures in his attempt to tempt Jesus in the wilderness.

If our brothers and sisters in Christ are being led astray, it is our Christian duty to try to lead them back to God.

Here's the important part about your quoted verse which you neglected to include:

6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Edited by betsy

If our brothers and sisters in Christ are being led astray, it is our Christian duty to try to lead them back to God.

The Anglican Church did its Christian duty to lead 85 million people towards a superior moral position.

Well, you've taken my posts out of context, or you have not really understood what I've said.

No one passes judgement on the individual....but on the practice. In this case, same-sex marriage.

It depends too on your perception of love.

Acceptance of the sexual practice that's clearly a sin, isn't going to help anyone at all. In fact. it only condemns us all.

Your reasoning is twisted.

Are you saying parents who try to convince their children to stop taking drugs, do not love their children because they wouldn't just simply accept them for being drug addicts that they are? Have you heard of tough love? There are many, different nuances of love.

To test that one's interpretation of the Scripture is correct, you have to go through other chapters to see if there are any corroborating statements. And there are numerous that support.

Galatians 6:1

Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted.

2 Thess 3:15

Do not regard him as an enemy, but warn him as a brother.

1 Tim 5:20

As for those who persist in sin, rebuke them in the presence of all, so that the rest may stand in fear.

Romans 16:17

I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them.

James 5

19 My brothers and sisters, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring that person back, 20 remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins.

Many more are listed under the issue of CORRECTING:

https://www.openbible.info/topics/correcting_a_brother

You're focused on the physical and the worldly. A Christian who tries to do his/her duty, is not.

His focus is on the spiritual - that eternal life with God.

From the way you try to debate, it's obvious that you've never really understood the basics of the Bible. Too sad that you've thrown away something that you've never really given any chance at all. You gave up too soon.

It's your own life - you owe it to yourself to know more.

All you do now is quote-mine, just like any other militant atheist who foolishly tries to find fault with the Bible.

Edited by betsy

What interpretation exactly was changed? Be specific.

The day of the Sabbath moved from Saturday to Sunday. If you read the posts, you would have seen that's what we were talking about.

What day do you think is the Sabbath?

The day of the Sabbath moved from Saturday to Sunday. If you read the posts, you would have seen that's what we were talking about.

What day do you think is the Sabbath?

Here's what I responded to:

Squid

I understand the history of it... Most Christians don't. The change had no basis in scripture... It was a negotiation to get converts.

So, again, the interpretation of the bible was changed to suit Christians at the time and has carried on until now. So 99.9% of Christians break that Commandment every week.

The change has a basis. There is a statement that says Christians were meeting everyday!

Acts 3

Peter Heals a Lame Beggar

3 One day Peter and John were going up to the temple at the time of prayer—at three in the afternoon. 2 Now a man who was lame from birth was being carried to the temple gate called Beautiful, where he was put every day to beg from those going into the temple courts.

-------------------------------------------------------

According to Exodus, the Sabbath is the seventh day of the week (Saturday). Again, in the New Testament, there are verses that says Christians met on the first day of the week (Sunday).

Acts 20

7 On the first day of the week, when we were gathered together to break bread, Paul talked with them, intending to depart on the next day, and he prolonged his speech until midnight.

1 Cor 16

2 On the first day of every week, each of you is to put something aside and store it up, as he may prosper, so that there will be no collecting when I come.

There are laws/practices that had changed from the Old Testament due to the Resurrection of Christ.

An example is that we are no longer required to kill a lamb for sacrifice because Jesus was the ultimate sacrificial lamb that washed away all sins.

Christians gather on Sundays in celebration and remembrance of the Resurrection of Christ, which occurred on a Sunday.

It is important to understand, though, that Sunday is not the commanded day of corporate worship, either. There is no explicit biblical command that either Saturday or Sunday be the day of worship. Scriptures such as Romans 14:5–6 and Colossians 2:16 give Christians freedom to observe a special day or to observe every day as special. God’s desire is that we worship and serve Him continually, every day, not just on Saturday or Sunday.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Sabbath-day-rest.html

Edited by betsy

According to Exodus, the Sabbath is the seventh day of the week (Saturday). Again, in the New Testament, there are verses that says Christians met on the first day of the week (Sunday).

So where in scripture does it say the Sabbath was changed? The Commandment is to keep the Sabbath holy, not some other day of the week that Christians may have met on.

So this Commandment is completely pointless. The most important rules from God to Moses that Christians quote all the time and it isn't even followed.

They don't even matter to most Christians. They are either not adhered to or interpreted away until they are watered down.

How do you keep the Sabbath holy? Did you change the Sabbath to Sunday, rather than the original Saturday?

Exodus 31:14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

People were killed for breaking that commandment. Now, Christians largely ignore it completely.

Keep those Saturday's free Christians.... Or you'll be put to death!

Women were also stoned for committing adultery! They quoted Moses......yet, Jesus said differently:

John 8

8 1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.

2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”

11 “No one, sir,” she said.

“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”

Edited by betsy

So where in scripture does it say the Sabbath was changed? The Commandment is to keep the Sabbath holy, not some other day of the week that Christians may have met on.

So this Commandment is completely pointless. The most important rules from God to Moses that Christians quote all the time and it isn't even followed.

Well, the change came from Jesus Christ! Didn't you read the quoted statement explaining why Christians were meeting

on Sundays?

The Messiah's arrival was prophesied throughout the Old Testament.

Why do you think there was such anticipation for His Coming? Because of the implication of change!

Edited by betsy

Women were also stoned for committing adultery! They quoted Moses......yet, Jesus said differently:

That's a red herring. We're talking about the Sabbath and the Sabbath was never moved to Sunday in any scripture. Clearly the Commandments are not very important and most Christians don't even know why they are worshipping on Sunday or that the Sabbath is Saturday.

If even the most sacred command by God can be ignored and changed, then anything in the bible can be interpreted away and can mean anything to anyone.

Well, the change came from Jesus Christ! Didn't you read the quoted statement explaining why Christians were meeting on Sundays?

The Messiah's arrival was prophesied throughout the Old Testament.

Why do you think there was such anticipation for His Coming? Because of the implication of change!

So when Jesus said he didn't come to change the law, he was wrong? He did change the Commandment? The bible never actually says the Sabbath has changed. It's interpretation. It can mean anything to anyone.

That's a red herring. We're talking about the Sabbath and the Sabbath was never moved to Sunday in any scripture. Clearly the Commandments are not very important and most Christians don't even know why they are worshipping on Sunday or that the Sabbath is Saturday.

Squid, you don't understand what you're arguing about. You've got no clue about the New Testament at all.

If even the most sacred command by God can be ignored and changed, then anything in the bible can be interpreted away and can mean anything to anyone.

Nobody ignored the command of God. The changes came from Him - in JESUS CHRIST!

Who do you think Jesus Christ is?

Ayayayayaya.......you're ignorant about the New Testament, Squid.

Squid, you don't understand what you're arguing about. You've got no clue about the New Testament at all.

Nobody ignored the command of God. The changes came from Him - in JESUS CHRIST!

Who do you think Jesus Christ is?

Ayayayayaya.......you're ignorant about the New Testament, Squid.

Then why do 7th Day Adventists keep it on Saturday? It shows there is disagreement even among Christians. It shows that the Commandments are open to interpretation.

Calling ME ignorant? I seem to know more about it than most Christians! LOL

So when Jesus said he didn't come to change the law, he was wrong? He did change the Commandment? The bible never actually says the Sabbath has changed. It's interpretation. It can mean anything to anyone.

He was talking about the 10 Commandments! And the other laws pertaining to things that are offensive to God! Like Divorce!

Furthermore, where does it say in the Scriptures that the Sabbath day should be a day of worship? The Sabbath command was to not do any work on that day. Mind you, I'm not saying there's anything wrong in worshipping on Saturdays or Sundays.

Then why do 7th Day Adventists keep it on Saturday? It shows there is disagreement even among Christians. It shows that the Commandments are open to interpretation.

Calling ME ignorant? I seem to know more about it than most Christians! LOL

No, you don't know anything about it. That's quite obvious.

Who cares if there are disagreements! You think there weren't disagreement among them during the time of the Apostles? That there were no faction that decided to change the interpretation even then?

Romans 16:17

I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.

It's what's written that matters. Not some interpretations by those who want to change the message to suit what they want!

Edited by betsy

Christians can't even agree on what the Commandments say! If they can't agree on the most basic fundamentals of their own religion, that tells me that it is man-made , not God-made.

Edited by The_Squid

Christians can't even agree on what the Commandments say! If they can't agree on the most basic fundamentals of their own religion, that tells me that it is man-made, not God-made.

It's been explained to you. Take it, or leave it. Bye-bye, Squid.

Edited by betsy

The only marriage recognized by Jesus Christ is the union between a man and a woman.

There's no such thing as same-sex marriage. Doesn't matter how many times gay/lesbians go through marriages - whether in churches or civil - it's only sanctioned by humans......not by God.

Actually, I think the only marriages that matter are the ones sacnctioned by humans. It's always nice, I guess, if one can get one's religion to be on board, but as long as the government says it's ok, it's ok.

Actually, I think the only marriages that matter are the ones sacnctioned by humans.

That's you. Of course you'd think that. That's expected. To say otherwise would have me scratching my head!

Being a non-Christian, I'd be surprised if you say anything sanctioned by God, would matter at all.

Edited by betsy