Anglicans vote to allow same-sex marriage in Canada

Wow amazing.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/anglicans-to-allow-same-sex-marriage-after-vote-recount-1.3676140

The resolution still needs affirmation by the next synod in 2019 before it becomes church law.

On Tuesday, several bishops said they planned to go ahead with same-sex marriages regardless. They leaned on a statement from the chancellor of the general synod, who said the current marriage canon does not specifically ban solemnizing same-sex marriages.

Bishop John Chapman of Ottawa said he would proceed immediately with such unions in his diocese, although no one would be forced to officiate at such a ceremony. "It is time my friends," Chapman said. "It is past time."

This is great, the Church is entering the 21st century. 1.6 million Anglicans in Canada. What do you think?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty stupid decision. What is the point of calling your organization a "church" if you want to openly disobey Christ?

Show me the quotes where Christ spoke about disagreeing with homosexuality and gay marriage.

Guy was depicted a single 30 y/o (unheard of in those times) who hung around young men almost exclusively. He easily could have been gay himself.

Ok so I'm still trying to figure out what is the sin surrounding this. Can you explain it to me?

Oh, a bunch of people putting words into Christ's mouth, some years after the fact, I imagine.

I can't imagine the man himself having anything against gay people. Not if he was as nice as everyone makes out.

Show me the quotes where Christ spoke about disagreeing with homosexuality and gay marriage.

Guy was depicted a single 30 y/o (unheard of in those times) who hung around young men almost exclusively. He easily could have been gay himself.

He wasn't single. He was married to Mary Magdalena. It's something else people changed a few years after the fact. Probably the same ones who said he didn't like gay people.

Absolutely not. Repentance of sin was not negotiable. There was no wiggle room whatsoever to make up your own rules.

Nah, I learned as a very young girl that it didn't matter when I repented - as long as I accepted Jesus as my savior before dying, I was good to go (to heaven). That's a lot of wiggle room. :)

Why is it impure?

It's not how GOD designed us to live. If you disagree and what to do your own thing, that's perfectly fine -- we all have free will. But if you actually want to please GOD, you follow his rules and his example. You don't let yourself be led by the desires of your flesh, because you actually WANT to do what he wants for you. Again, your choice.

It's not how GOD designed us to live. If you disagree and what to do your own thing, that's perfectly fine -- we all have free will. But if you actually want to please GOD, you follow his rules and his example. You don't let yourself be led by the desires of your flesh, because you actually WANT to do what he wants for you. Again, your choice.

Ok so I'm asking again. How is homosexuality harming society? Can you tell me why God thought it was a detriment to society? Edited by WestCoastRunner

Nah, I learned as a very young girl that it didn't matter when I repented - as long as I accepted Jesus as my savior before dying, I was good to go (to heaven). That's a lot of wiggle room. :)

Yeah, that's my backup plan too...

In many cases, yes, but not exclusively. In many cases it's simply about denying your self. Stop caring about what you want to do, and just do what GOD wants from you.

The various sects of Christianity already cherry pick the scripture they abide by and the passages they ignore, and the do it differently from each other. Church leaders craft the message of what their god wants from you. So why is this bit of cherry picking any different?

Edited by Guest