Theories of Indigenous Origin in the Americas

Hey now...you're just sour that your recent copyright infringement from the CBC got you into hot water. Come to think of it i haven't seen you posting any sort of graphics lately. I guess that one stung pretty bad hey?? :D Maybe you should fire up another handle and start posting them again?

no - all your whiney complaining to moderation managed to accomplish was a wholesale gutting by the moderator of whole pages of discussion inclusive of all images... I've been advised I could put them up again, but why bother. It is quite telling that you actually think you're a board moderator here! :lol:

As for this recent account, numerous members called jacee out on her ties of white supremacy to what Kenney said including MLW member Squid who used the term 'hyperbole'. Of course in your mind one is only a white supremacist if they belong to a club. Claiming his position/policy is a kin to white supremacists but not claiming he is one is pure BS. Does that mean I can say that my policy against visual minorities is the same as racists but I'm not a racists since I don't belong to a club??? Only you and jacee would actually see how that is absolutely preposterous!!

you've now chosen to assign a position to me - well done... then again, it fits you to a tee! Clearly, pointing out your purposeful thread derail has you reverting to your lashing out/attack mode! If you want to be complete please add in then other MLW member who also called out your act. I didn't say a damn thing about Jason Kenney being a white-supremacist... and didn't say a damn thing about the related posts... other than to highlight you being called out in the other thread and to emphasize MLW member 'jacee' never explicitly labeled Jason Kenney a white-supremacist. But hey, you've accomplished your intent - you've chased MLW member 'jacee' here and you've brought the derail here - you did that! You managed to get the other thread locked... are you going for a 2-fer? :D

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no - all your whiney complaining to moderation managed to accomplish was a wholesale gutting by the moderator of whole pages of discussion inclusive of all images... I've been advised I could put them up again, but why bother. It is quite telling that you actually think you're a board moderator here! :lol:

Interesting....I save you and this forum from potential copyright infringement which was CLEARLY laid out on the CBC site and you call that 'whiney'. I even gave you a chance to remove it by showing you it was illegal but hey....you are who you are. As for me being a moderator....no...just a guy who plays by the rules.

If you want to be complete please add in then other MLW member who also called out your act.

I responded accordingly to that member and he never responded in turn which can only tell me he was satisfied with my answer. Do you need the link to see that or should I trust your detective skills?

I didn't say a damn thing about Jason Kenney being a white-supremacist... and didn't say a damn thing about the related posts... other than to highlight you being called out in the other thread and to emphasize MLW member 'jacee' never explicitly labeled Jason Kenney a white-supremacist.

Ooooh...I can tell I've hit a nerve here with all your DAMNs! Again....please explain to me how someone can have white supremacist views and not be a white supremacist. Still waiting......

But hey, you've accomplished your intent - you've chased MLW member 'jacee' here and you've brought the derail here - you did that! You managed to get the other thread locked... are you going for a 2-fer? :D

Chased? No....the topic being discussed here was not appropriate for the OP of that thread as it had nothing to do with native migration/origins. This thread is all about native migration so until the moderators tell me otherwise I will continue to engage in conversation/debate on the possible migrations/origins and their impacts on modern day. Is that ok with you?

Interesting....I save you and this forum from potential copyright infringement which was CLEARLY laid out on the CBC site and you call that 'whiney'. I even gave you a chance to remove it by showing you it was illegal but hey....you are who you are. As for me being a moderator....no...just a guy who plays by the rules.

you're a saviour! In regards a screenshot, the CBC site actually states the determination is done on a 'case-by-case' basis review. For reference referral to hosted images the CBC requires a link to the image/acknowledgement of source; as that direct link can't be realized in the case of a dynamic generated image, I screenshot the image and hosted it on a 3rd party site while giving props to CBC and the author involved... let me know what they say when you contact them directly, hey saviour! Of course, let's not forget your saviour act was your go-to as you absolutely refused the numerous challenges put to you; post after post you refused to respond and in your absolute frustration and petulant manner, chose to take up this saviour play of yours! :lol:

Chased? No....the topic being discussed here was not appropriate for the OP of that thread as it had nothing to do with native migration/origins. This thread is all about native migration so until the moderators tell me otherwise I will continue to engage in conversation/debate on the possible migrations/origins and their impacts on modern day. Is that ok with you?

nice try! The chase is you carrying the 'Jason Kenney white supremacist' issue here... where it didn't exist until you derailed the thread with it. Is this you saying you're done with derailing the thread now?

In regards a screenshot, the CBC site actually states the determination is done on a 'case-by-case' basis review.

Are you ever honest? It says nothing of the sort. What it actually says is you need permission to use anything (http://www.cbc.ca/permissions/faq-general.html#1). Obviously you didn't have permission especially since you modified the table to your own liking. I'm honestly surprised you didn't get suspended or banned for that one.

By the way...you're welcome!

nice try! The chase is you carrying the 'Jason Kenney white supremacist' issue here... where it didn't exist until you derailed the thread with it.

Again...this exact point is the reason this thread started. Jason Kenney is just the focal point of a broad message that jacee likes to send out as a message of her social justice warrior against non-existing issues.

Again....the entire reason for this thread is based on the backbone of did the natives settle or were they always here. If it was the latter, then it truly is or should I say was their land. If the former then they are settlers just like us!

Is this you saying you're done with derailing the thread now?

I will continue to respond to you or jacee or anyone else that comments on my posts as that's what this is....a forum for discussion. If you don't like it then you are free to stop responding.

Folks,

Avoid thread drift.

clarification request: respectively, as the nature of described thread drift is not stated, and as prior posts by a MLW member introducing interpretations of Jason Kenney and white supremacy have been left up/intact... is that interpretation/discussion point on topic, or is it a thread derail? Please advise - thanks in advance.

Folks,

Avoid thread drift.

clarification request: respectively, as the nature of described thread drift is not stated, and as prior posts by a MLW member introducing interpretations of Jason Kenney and white supremacy have been left up/intact... is that interpretation/discussion point on topic, or is it a thread derail? Please advise - thanks in advance.

Yes...that would be handy. The Jason Kenney thread's OP was intended to discuss the possibility of him entering Alberta politics. Instead his recent tweet regarding Aboriginals as settlers took that thread in a different direction which discussed the theories behind aboriginal origins in North America. This topic was then started in a new thread so that part (Aboriginal origins) of the discussion could continue. The discussion involving Jason Kenney was entirely based on origins which is the OP of this thread and therefore should be relevant.

Clarification: Who is honest and who is a savior are not the topic of this thread.

This:

you're a saviour! In regards a screenshot, the CBC site actually states ...

and this:

Are you ever honest? It says nothing of the sort. What it actually says ....

are thread drift.

Next question?

Next question?

thanks for clarifying. As you had locked the prior thread where another MLW member had generally spoken of her interpretation of Conservative MP Jason Kenney's "white supremacist like" statements/positions... and as that point of prior thread discussion was brought into this thread by another/different MLW member, it was unclear what you were speaking to when you broadly instructed to "avoid thread drift". My interpretation is that you view the question of Jason Kenney holding white supremacist like statements/positions to be thread drift. Thanks.

Clarification: Who is honest and who is a savior are not the topic of this thread.

This:

and this:

are thread drift.

Next question?

Fair enough Charles....I will continue to discuss aboriginal settlements and related topics to such settlements. As suggested by jacee, various theories involved include dogma which relates to white supremacy. I will continue to discuss this topic.

Fair enough Charles....I will continue to discuss aboriginal settlements and related topics to such settlements. As suggested by jacee, various theories involved include dogma which relates to white supremacy. I will continue to discuss this topic.

although that was a point of discussion in the other (now locked) thread, you are the only one that has chosen to extend upon that other thread point of discussion... in fact, you've chosen to explicitly target the member over that point and bring it to this thread - something that was not being discussed here previously.

but on the point you seem determined to, as you say, "continue to discuss", I'm confused over the tweet from Conservative MP Jason Kenney where he stated he needed an "English to English translation" to understand Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan. Can ya help out there? Then there's the tweet Kenney did delete where he spoke of "perfect, unaccented English" as a Canadian quality... then there's the tweet where Kenney misrepresented a photo of Muslim women in chains... and then, of course, the recent tweet where he spoke of indigenous people's being settlers too! Of course there are other examples that cause some to pause and question the position of Conservative MP Jason Kenney. Since you state an intent to further discuss this, perhaps you could help provide explanation/cover for Conservative MP Jason Kenney in regard this perception some have.. and are forming. Thanks in advance.

although that was a point of discussion in the other (now locked) thread, you are the only one that has chosen to extend upon that other thread point of discussion... in fact, you've chosen to explicitly target the member over that point and bring it to this thread - something that was not being discussed here previously.

Its really getting tiring having to hold your hand on pretty much every topic being discussed. However, I will do you a solid and help you out once again. I didn't bring it to this thread...jacee did. In post 10 she directly linked back to her point on the other thread talking about linguistic evidence

I think the linguistic evidence is as important as the archeology.

Link here:

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/topic/25872-jason-kenney-unite-the-right-in-alberta/?p=1169334

jacee, on 27 Jun 2016 - 02:26 AM, said:

Notice that link there waldo? Jason Kenney unite the right???? And what was that link pointing to? A post from that said thread which included:

Put simply ... the linguistic evidence does not support the 'Bering ice bridge' theory:

how-linguists-are-pulling-apart-bering-strait-theory

This strident demand for proof while ignoring the evidence is abnormal in science and reflects the fact that originally the Bering Strait Theory was not a scientific theory at all, but a dogma.

... a "dogma" (and a purpose) that is evident in Jason Kenney's (and white supremacists') commentary.

And evident in threats designed to prevent people from presenting real evidence.

It is refusal to accept science and insistence on political dogma.

Because the real evidence does not allow you to dismiss Indigenous Peoples as just "settlers" like us, does not allow you to justify 'white' supremacy over their land.

The linguistic evidence supports their claim that they've been in North America "since time immemorial'.

This above quote was a response to yours truly and was largely intended to pull those same sentiments from that post into this thread. She then followed it up with two subsequent quotes to various members regarding this dogma.

Are you perhaps promoting dogma and not science?

There's lots of evidence if you're actually interested.

If you're just promoting dogma, you won't be:

... some scientific theories harbored social and political agendas that were used to deprive Indians and other minorities of their rights.

It was on this last post that I reentered the conversation.

So waldo, please for the sake of your own sanity, please try to read the thread and comprehend what is going on before you lash out again in some ignorant fit of rage.

So....on that note....I will continue with the very on topic conversation presented by jacee.

Again....you're welcome.

Edited by Accountability Now

I'm shocked you're ignoring all those Conservative MP Jason Kenney tweet references provided - shocked I tells ya! :lol:

I didn't bring it to this thread...jacee did. In post 10 she directly linked back to her point on the other thread talking about linguistic evidence

So waldo, please for the sake of your own sanity, please try to read the thread and comprehend what is going on before you lash out again in some ignorant fit of rage.

don't backpedal now! As a carry-over from the other (now locked) thread, you took extreme exception to the reference to white supremacy like statements/positions. You were so, as you say, in an "ignorant fit of rage", that you falsely claimed the MLW member in question directly claimed Jason Kenney is a white supremacist! Only you could look back to that linked reference and take on your pursuit and carry it into this thread... I presume to attempt to provide cover for Conservative MP Jason Kenney. No one here had been discussing anything to do with Jason Kenney and white supremacy. That's on you here - completely on you! In your trouble to highlight the other threads' statement by red-colour highlighting it here in your copy/paste, apparently you have difficulty in recognizing the clear differentiation being made... you should read it again - slowly! :lol:

now clearly, linguistic evidence is a legitimate point of discussion within this thread! Unfortunately for you, your attempt to introduce the issue of Jason Kenney and white-supremacist like statements isn't... or is it? If so, you really should address those tweets of Kenney's, hey!

Genetic evidence for two founding populations of the Americas

Genetic studies have consistently indicated a single common origin of Native American groups from Central and South America1, 2, 3, 4. However, some morphological studies have suggested a more complex picture, whereby the northeast Asian affinities of present-day Native Americans contrast with a distinctive morphology seen in some of the earliest American skeletons, which share traits with present-day Australasians (indigenous groups in Australia, Melanesia, and island Southeast Asia)5, 6, 7, 8. Here we analyse genome-wide data to show that some Amazonian Native Americans descend partly from a Native American founding population that carried ancestry more closely related to indigenous Australians, New Guineans and Andaman Islanders than to any present-day Eurasians or Native Americans. This signature is not present to the same extent, or at all, in present-day Northern and Central Americans or in a ~12,600-year-old Clovis-associated genome, suggesting a more diverse set of founding populations of the Americas than previously accepted.

nature14895-f1.jpg

Waldo, you need to take down the picture and quote and post only a link with a citation to page numbers. /s

it's my understanding that type of image type (graphic, tabular) is allowed directly within MLW posts. For what it's worth, the full access to text is subscription/purchase based... I've given you/MLW a means to directly view the full-scale image.

I didn't bring it to this thread...jacee did. In post 10 she directly linked back to her point on the other thread talking about linguistic evidence

We can't post the same link twice, so I linked to the post that had the link in it.

This thread is not about Jason Kenney.

I'm shocked you're ignoring all those Conservative MP Jason Kenney tweet references provided - shocked I tells ya!

I ignored your attempted derail because its just that....thread drift.. But since the moderators don't think it is then I will address it. The thing that you don't get and it doesn't surprise me one bit is that its not about Jason Kenney the person....its about the objective, factual statement that Jason Kenney made and how it in no way is factually incorrect and has zero ties to white supremacy. Fred Flintstone, Hilary Clinton or even your hero JT could have said the same thing and it would remain factual. Again, multiple MLW members including NON-conservatives agreed with me stating this claim was 'hyperbole'. So why make statements on other Jason Kenney tweets when it means about as much as what the goats are eating in China right now. But hey....don't let me stop you from starting a thread on that.

Of course that's just it though....the reason you see this as about Jason Kenney is because anytime you see the word Conservative or any person representing that party you begin to froth at the mouth and respond in vitriol behaviour. Your inability to respond accordingly and without bias is your raison d'etre as it allows you to rant and rave on for multiple posts without actually saying ANYTHING of importance but allowing to have your ignorant fits of rage!

now clearly, linguistic evidence is a legitimate point of discussion within this thread! Unfortunately for you, your attempt to introduce the issue of Jason Kenney and white-supremacist like statements isn't... or is it? If so, you really should address those tweets of Kenney's, hey!

Various statements were made regarding the 'dogma' surrounding Jason Kenny's position in this thread and it was DIRECTLY pointed back to that thread. I get it....you are a visual learner and need things presented in copyright infringed graphics. Sorry bud....can't hold your hand on that one.

The funny thing here is you are the one supporting various migration theories which again flies in the face of what jacee is saying. You are supporting this dogma. You support the white supremacist policy/position. But don't worry waldo, according to you, having a white supremacist position doesn't make you a white supremacist....kind of like saying racist things doesn't make you a racist....or acting like a complete narcissist doesn't make you one. :lol:

Edited by Accountability Now

This thread is not about Jason Kenney.

Then please remove your statements about the 'dogma' and relation to the factual and objective statement that Jason Kenney made that you chose to state in this thread multiple times.

Its not about Jason Kenney....its about your deluded relation of his statement to some sort of white supremacy basis that somehow affects the science behind it. Like I said to waldo above...Justin Trudeau could have made that exact statement and it would still be factually and objectively correct and I would still say the same thing.

Then please remove your statements about the 'dogma' and relation to the factual and objective statement that Jason Kenney made that you chose to state in this thread multiple times.

Its not about Jason Kenney....its about your deluded relation of his statement to some sort of white supremacy basis that somehow affects the science behind it. Like I said to waldo above...Justin Trudeau could have made that exact statement and it would still be factually and objectively correct and I would still say the same thing.

Oh shut up.

Thank you.

Wow, that's interesting"

" ancestry more closely related to indigenous Australians, New Guineans and Andaman Islanders than to any present-day Eurasians or Native Americans."

It makes so much more sense than pretending that America sat unpopulated while the rest of the world was being populated.

The timing of that ocean migration would explain what appears to be a much longer time frame of diversity in linguistic evolution of Indigenous languages in America.

Later migration via the Bering land bridge would not explain why this early evidence of human occupation lies in South America

Edited by jacee

Of course that's just it though....the reason you see this as about Jason Kenney is because...

I don't see this thread as having anything to do with Jason Kenney... and stated that explicitly. It is YOU that has carried your obsession with "protecting Kenney" here from the other thread (that you had locked) - that was YOU! As I said when mocking you about your/this obsession, if you insist in making this thread about Jason Kenney and his statements/positions that some view as "white supremacist like", then I listed off a series of tweets/references that clearly call into question Jason Kenney's positions. When I now again mock you for ignoring those tweets/references you posture forward to single out the only one that had any bearing on the other thread... somehow you managed to conveniently ignore the others. What kind of Jason Kenney protector are you, hey! :lol:

Various statements were made regarding the 'dogma' surrounding Jason Kenny's position in this thread and it was DIRECTLY pointed back to that thread. I get it....you are a visual learner and need things presented in copyright infringed graphics. Sorry bud....can't hold your hand on that one.

in this thread? Gee how have I missed those? Quote them... quote those "dogma type" statements in this thread that have ties/association to Jason Kenney - IN THIS THREAD! Yes, the MLW member who has you so enraged provided a link back to the other thread (that you had locked)... but the tie-back had no reference/association to Jason Kenney. That was YOU that chose to quote back from the other thread and bring your Jason Kenney protectionism into this thread. That was YOU!

you sir, YOU... are the only one that made this thread about Jason Kenney and his questionable, to some, "white supremacist like" statements. That was YOU! :lol:

... but allowing to have your ignorant fits of rage!

pro-tip: please... calm down! This is now the second time you've used those same words towards the waldo... I appreciate Jason Kenney is just so important to you - I'm sure he's glad you've got his back, but you won't do him any good being suspended. And your comic relief would be missed!

in this thread? Gee how have I missed those? Quote them... quote those "dogma type" statements in this thread that have ties/association to Jason Kenney - IN THIS THREAD!

Voila.....http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/topic/25877-theories-of-indigenous-origin-in-the-americas/?p=1170162

How did you miss it???? Because you miss everything that is even close to a valid point. The only thing you don't miss is the word Conservative which allows you to bounce around the room and attempt to seek and destroy any thing related to it.

you sir, YOU... are the only one that made this thread about Jason Kenney and his questionable, to some, "white supremacist like" statements. That was YOU! :lol:

Yet...quoted by jacee. HMMM....again something you perhaps.....missed???? Keep up your ignorant fit of rage. Please.....it looks good on you.

pro-tip: please...

A pro tip would actually need to come from a professional. Now if we are talking about giving tips on ignorant fits of rage, then yes, I would take your advice all day long. :lol: