Former Israeli PM on Israel's credibility + Fascism

Israel's toxic policies and deteriorating morality have reached the point where even current and former Israeli leaders are sharing their harsh criticism of where Israel is today.

A day after Ya'alon resigned as defense minister and replaced with Lieberman, Ehud Barak made the following comments:

'there are no serious leaders left in the world who believe the Israeli government.'

and

Israel has been "infected by the seeds of fascism,"

And two weeks ago, Israel's military chief likened 'Revolting Trends' in Israeli Society to pre-Holocaust Germany:

"If there's something that frightens me about Holocaust remembrance it's the recognition of the revolting processes that occurred in Europe in general, and particularly in Germany, back then – 70, 80 and 90 years ago – and finding signs of them here among us today in 2016."
"There is nothing easier than hating the stranger, nothing easier than to stir fears and intimidate. There is nothing easier than to behave like an animal and to act sanctimoniously," he added.
"On Holocaust Remembrance Day we ought to discuss our ability to uproot the seeds of intolerance, violence, self-destruction and moral deterioration," Golan said.
Edited by marcus

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is another tread going the cheering for and against mode. While it may satisfy the mine good, yours bad crowd, I view the situation differently.

The Israeli government and the Zionists will do what they think is best for Israel. Good for them. That is their role in life.

I believe that the consensus is that Israeli government is moving more and more to the right in order to satisfy its agenda. It is also obvious that the expansion of settlements, the taking of Palestinian land and pushing them off that land is a political policy and proving successful towards their agenda. I also believe that policy is alienating and Isolating Israel from the rest of the world as indicated by the UN and other nations reactions. This process can only lead to more turmoil, more conflict and probably a war in that region.

I believe that the Canadian government and Canadians will do what we think is best for Canada.

I also believe that Israel is quite prepared to go to war to attain its agenda. I do not want Canada, or Canadian troops or money to be used to attain the Israeli agenda. For as long as Canada implicitly supports Israeli actions against the Palestinians, we will be seen in the same light. We are not at all like the Israelis, owe them nothing and any association with Israel endangers Canadians abroad. There is a reason the Israelis are being targeted and feel Canada should quickly distance ourselves from those unpopular policies.

There is no future or advantage for Canada to support Israel. There is a future and advantage for Canada to support Iran. Iran is gaining in stature, importance and popularity in the Middle East. When it finally gets nuclear arms it will be taken seriously by the rest of the world. Iran is the future power of the Middle East. Israel is the future of war in the Middle East.

It would be wise for Canada to go with power rather than self destruction in the future.

As Israel moves farther and farther to the right, Netanyahu thumbs his nose at Israeli moderates:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/05/israel-rise-messianic-elite-160522085822668.html

There can no longer be any question of Bibis intentions. The sooner we wash our hands of this suicidal Zionist then the safer Canada will be.

What are the Arabs' intentions with the terror tunnels? Will transponders from Ontario 417 work in these tunnels?

See As Hamas Tunnels Back Into Israel, Palestinians Are Afraid, Too.

Uh, no....the Arabs more or less invented modern terrorism...bombs in the cafes, etc.

We don't need to go into a thread drift with reminders of who started terrorism in that region. Yes, with bombs in hotels and cafes and assassinations and terrorist leaders who became Israeli prime ministers.

Israel's society is sick and there are notable Israeli leaders who are stepping up and pointing this out. This is a good thing. The sickness needs to be dealt with before it takes Israel to the point of no return.

Netanyahu continues to reject international efforts of a peaceful Israeli/Palestinian resolution:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/05/netanyahu-renews-rejection-french-peace-initiative-160523131848117.html

Anyone still think that this right wing Zionist has any wish for a peace?

Israel is backing into a corner and dragging her supporters with him. Time for Canada to cut all ties and get out of that slowly enclosing corner.

We don't need to go into a thread drift with reminders of who started terrorism in that region. Yes, with bombs in hotels and cafes and assassinations and terrorist leaders who became Israeli prime ministers.

Israel's society is sick and there are notable Israeli leaders who are stepping up and pointing this out. This is a good thing. The sickness needs to be dealt with before it takes Israel to the point of no return.

Irgun was created as a direct result of the Grand Mufti's terror campaign.

Irgun was created as a direct result of the Grand Mufti's terror campaign.

There you go. You enjoy yet another one of your versions of history.

Anyone who has studied the Jewish terrorist groups knows that these terror groups were part of the systematic expelling of Palestinians. They killed civilians in cold blood, blew up cafes and hotels and continued their terror right through the Nakba, where Palestinians were killed, driven out and their homes were destroyed.

Go ahead Bibi, blame the Mufti for these murderers' actions. Just like blaming the Mufti for the holocaust.

Anyone who has studied the Jewish terrorist groups knows that these terror groups were part of the systematic expelling of Palestinians. They killed civilians in cold blood, blew up cafes and hotels and continued their terror right through the Nakba, where Palestinians were killed, driven out and their homes were destroyed.

Go ahead Bibi, blame the Mufti for these murderers' actions. Just like blaming the Mufti for the holocaust.

The Irgun's first steps were in the aftermath of the Riots of 1929.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irgun

I'm correct, as usual.

This is another tread going the cheering for and against mode. While it may satisfy the mine good, yours bad crowd, I view the situation differently.

The Israeli government and the Zionists will do what they think is best for Israel. Good for them. That is their role in life.

I believe that the consensus is that Israeli government is moving more and more to the right in order to satisfy its agenda. It is also obvious that the expansion of settlements, the taking of Palestinian land and pushing them off that land is a political policy and proving successful towards their agenda. I also believe that policy is alienating and Isolating Israel from the rest of the world as indicated by the UN and other nations reactions. This process can only lead to more turmoil, more conflict and probably a war in that region.

I believe that the Canadian government and Canadians will do what we think is best for Canada.

I also believe that Israel is quite prepared to go to war to attain its agenda. I do not want Canada, or Canadian troops or money to be used to attain the Israeli agenda. For as long as Canada implicitly supports Israeli actions against the Palestinians, we will be seen in the same light. We are not at all like the Israelis, owe them nothing and any association with Israel endangers Canadians abroad. There is a reason the Israelis are being targeted and feel Canada should quickly distance ourselves from those unpopular policies.

There is no future or advantage for Canada to support Israel. There is a future and advantage for Canada to support Iran. Iran is gaining in stature, importance and popularity in the Middle East. When it finally gets nuclear arms it will be taken seriously by the rest of the world. Iran is the future power of the Middle East. Israel is the future of war in the Middle East.

It would be wise for Canada to go with power rather than self destruction in the future.

An ex finance Minister of France once called Israel, a "chiity little country". He may just have been right on. It is a chitty little country, and as yet has not offered the world anything of any value. All it appears to offer the world is more heart aches, and constant wars. Canada would be wise to dump Israhell.

Edited by taxme

An ex finance Minister of France once called Israel, a "chiity little country". He may just have been right on. It is a chitty little country, and as yet has not offered the world anything of any value. All it appears to offer the world is more heart aches, and constant wars. Canada would be wise to dump Israhell.

Seems Monsieur Bernard thinks you're chitty for using him in your Crusade against the Jews.

'Over the past few days, I have been the subject of grave accusations because of a comment I am reported to have made during a conversation with Lord Black. The facts are: while we were discussing the Israeli-Palestinian issue, I pointed out to Lord Black that this tragedy was taking place in a geographically limited area (I even specified that it was the equivalent of three French departments) that for 40 years had been suffering from a conflict whose equitable solution seems more out of reach than ever. Of course, I never meant to insult Israel or any other part of that region. The deliberately biased presentation of this conversation in some circles, accompanied by malicious accusations, is deeply shocking and insulting.'

--- Daniel Bernard

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Bernard_%28diplomat%29

Seems Monsieur Bernard thinks you're chitty for using him in your Crusade against the Jews.

Why do you insist that Canada has to be dragged down and into war just to support the Netanyahu Zionist government?

Let Israel live with the consequences of its own actions without support from the West - especially without support from Canada.

...Let Israel live with the consequences of its own actions without support from the West - especially without support from Canada.

Sorry...but that's not how it works. Canada's elected government(s) have consistently chosen to support Israel to be aligned with self and allied interests for the region. It is also quite a stretch to presume what other "western" nations should do as well.

Why do you insist that Canada has to be dragged down and into war just to support the Netanyahu Zionist government?

Let Israel live with the consequences of its own actions without support from the West - especially without support from Canada.

His own words...

Your narrative is getting false and tiresome. You constantly glorify people who fight, and usually have fought using random acts of violence against helpless people. You allege that the King David Hotel attack was "terror" in the same sense that attacking a pizza parlor or a bus is terror. That is demonstrably false and you know it.m The King David Hotel was full of British troops. The Zionist fighters warned of the attack. The British made a strategic decision not to listen to what "a Jew" said. Pure and simple.

The Arabs "fight by sending out human bombs to attack random people and targets. There is no equivalence.