America under President Trump

Interesting that the distinction made is in the calculated intent/premeditation of the sociopath, while the narcicisst is more impulsive/reactive.

We all have some of those characteristics but in extreme manifestations, both are extremely damaging and in world leaders ... perhaps a requirement to get the job, but not desirable qualities in the job.

Well, I can tell you that no one will end up in a position Trump finds himself now (a successful businessman -

an understatement - who's created thousands of jobs), if he couldn't reign in his impulses.

He's gotta have self-discipline. Self-discipline is just a basic requirement.

The Trump Organization is an American privately owned international conglomerate based in Trump Tower in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. It serves as the principal holding company for Donald Trump's business ventures and investments.

It is owned and managed by Donald Trump and three of his eldest children—Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, and Eric Trump—serving as EVPs within the organization.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trump_Organization

You should read the rest of that article which lists his holdings! If you say he ain't smart.....boy, then I don't know

what you think smart is!

Edited by betsy

Yeah, make fun of someone who has personal experiences - real smart.

Anyway, I do know some legitimate sociopaths and I could give you some idea of what one actually is, but as far as enlightening Jacee, that's just not possible.

You see, Jacee doesn't ever engage in discussion, she hurls angry insults and accusations with the occasional wikipedia reference thrown in for reassurance. There is no poster on this board who is as angry, as confident and so wrong as Jacee is. What's the saying "you can sometimes win an argument with someone smarter, but you can never win an argument with someone stupid".

I'm sure that you want to consider everyone who says "no", draws a line or recognizes boundries as a sociopath, but that's just not how it works. If you or Jacee hate Trump - fair enough, but it's really grasping to try and use every derogatory trait and paint him as that - it simply shows your amount of ignorance.

There is not one shred of evidence that Donald Trump is a sociopath, arrogant maybe, but not a sociopath.

You can tell when Trump is lying: His lips are moving. :-)

Your personal attack is way out of line, but I'm giving you a break ... this week.

You didn't provide a link for your description of sociopath.

Narcicissitic personality disorder may be more relevant to Trump, dangerously so. I don't care what you prefer to call it: The man is a f'n sicko.

True dat...Donald Trump has created more jobs than Justin Trudeau....even in Canada.

so you keep saying, repeatedly, ad nauseam! Yet, interestingly... as I'm aware, you've never provided just how many jobs Trump has created - go figure, hey?

given Trump Organization is principally leisure & hospitality companies and includes 22,000 employees (permanent and part-time)... dominated by lower-pay service industry type jobs, a standard U.S. jobs multiplier for 'leisure and hospitality' is 1.5 for additional related jobs created. If inclined, please update my suggested number of Trump employees, with that multiplier, @ 34,000.

geezaz, that 34,000 isn't a very high bar for you to always be comparing Trump job creation to Trudeau... is it? Why that's about the figure of student jobs just the Liberal summer-jobs program is expected to create! :lol:

You can tell when Trump is lying: His lips are moving. :-)

Your personal attack is way out of line, but I'm giving you a break ... this week.

You didn't provide a link for your description of sociopath.

Narcicissitic personality disorder may be more relevant to Trump, dangerously so. I don't care what you prefer to call it: The man is a f'n sicko.

It wasn't a personal attack, it was recognition of your posting style...and this is a perfect example; Insults, attacks and name calling.

This is why I say you can't be enlightened.

P.S - Trudeau also scores pretty high on the narcissistic chart.

Edited by Hal 9000

It wasn't a personal attack, it was recognition of your posting style...and this is a perfect example; Insults, attacks and name calling.

Yes I did name call Trump ... to your diagnosis.

Isn't a diagnosis name-calling?

This is why I say you can't be enlightened.

Enlightened about Trump?

Lol

P.S - Trudeau also scores pretty high on the narcissistic chart.

It's a political requirement I think.

Trump is pretty over the top with it.

Yes I did name call Trump ... to your diagnosis.

Isn't a diagnosis name-calling?

Enlightened about Trump?

Lol

It's a political requirement I think.

Trump is pretty over the top with it.

Your observation isn't reliable at all, let alone your "diagnosis."

You said Trump isn't smart! And you said he isn't responsible for the well-being of people. Both are downright false.

Edited by betsy

Your observation isn't reliable at all, let alone your "diagnosis."

You said Trump isn't smart! And you said he isn't responsible for the well-being of people. Both are downright false.

You really think WWIII will be good for people's wellbeing?

Only for billionaires' pocketbooks: Invest in the arms industry, then cause a war. Pump up the racism and send a bunch of gullible young men off to die.

I'm sure Trump's figuring out how to make real money as a politician.

I said Trump's not the kind of 'smart' we need in leaders.

He's a twisted devious predator kind of 'smart' ... A criminal mind who takes advantage, manipulates, connives.

Not my choice of a leader.

Edited by jacee

Agreed...not your choice...it is an American voter's choice.

choice has varying connotations, yes? You seem always at the ready to reinforce that MLW Canadian members have no place speaking to/for preferences in American leaders. And yet, you've clearly made your 'choices' well known in regards to the favouring of Canadian political leaders, past and current. You've done this for years on end; MLW thread after MLW thread, post after post... quite the double-standard you presume upon, yes?

You really think WWIII will be good for people's wellbeing?

Only for billionaires' pocketbooks: Invest in the arms industry, then cause a war. Pump up the racism and send a bunch of gullible young men off to die.

I'm sure Trump's figuring out how to make real money as a politician.

What WWIII???

I said Trump's not the kind of 'smart' we need in leaders.

No. This is what you've said.

Oh nobody underestimates sociopaths. They can be clever ... in a con-man 'me-me-me' kind of way.

But being responsible for the wellbeing of others ... and the world?

No.

He's not that kind of smart.

Well, he created thousands of jobs and that benefits the economy. So yes you're wrong....he's that kind of smart!

He's a twisted devious predator kind of 'smart' ... A criminal mind who takes advantage, manipulates, connives.

Not my choice of a leader.

That sounds like Hillary! You're confused. :lol:

Edited by betsy

I'm not denying that possibility either.

The US is pretty much pulling candidates out of the toilet.

Trump is just the loudest one who makes that so obvious.

It's very sad for our US neighbours.

WWIII ... Trump 'diplomacy' - eg ban Muslims from immigrating (and deport the rest?) ... makes the US a target, and he'll hit back ... bingo WWIII.

Hilary is more subtle, the good Ole way ... support oppressive leaders with bribes so they welcome US corporations that rape and pillage for their resources, and crush dissent among the people who lose their land and livelihoods and gain nothing from the 'development' of their land.

Edited by jacee

I'm not denying that possibility either.

The US is pretty much pulling candidates out of the toilet.

Trump is just the loudest one who makes that so obvious.

It's very sad for our US neighbours.

WWIII ... Trump 'diplomacy' - eg ban Muslims from immigrating (and deport the rest?) ... makes the US a target, and he'll hit back ... bingo WWIII.

Hilary is more subtle, the good Ole way ... support oppressive leaders with bribes so they welcome US corporations that rape and pillage for their resources, and crush dissent among the people who lose their land and livelihoods and gain nothing from the 'development' of their land.

There is always a possibility for WW3........with, or without Trump!

The support of oppressive leaders....is probably the #1 reason why the USA is hated in a lot of countries! That's the propaganda being used by insurgents, not excluding ISIS! People are getting oppressed, and the USA is seen to protect the oppressors. That's why a lot are being radicalized!

Edited by betsy

I think Trump is much smarter than people give him credit for.

He'd have to be.

But he still has no class. He's a cretin. He makes the guys on Swamp People seem sophisticated by comparison.

...Hilary is more subtle, the good Ole way ... support oppressive leaders with bribes so they welcome US corporations that rape and pillage for their resources, and crush dissent among the people who lose their land and livelihoods and gain nothing from the 'development' of their land.

If it's good enough for Canadian mining and oil services corporations, it is good enough for the U.S. too. If Obama figured this out, so can Donald Trump.

He'd have to be.

But he still has no class. He's a cretin. He makes the guys on Swamp People seem sophisticated by comparison.

I wonder how much of that is real and how much is created for the cameras.

When he goes home at night and is home with his wife, does he continue to talk like a cartoon character, or does he start acting like a normal person?

-k

....When he goes home at night and is home with his wife, does he continue to talk like a cartoon character, or does he start acting like a normal person?

Go to his home borough of Queens NYC and tell people they talk like a cartoon, then get ready for your own Martin Scorsese movie.

I wonder how much of that is real and how much is created for the cameras.

When he goes home at night and is home with his wife, does he continue to talk like a cartoon character, or does he start acting like a normal person?

-k

I couldn't say. All I can say is the image he presents to the world is that of a cloddish buffoon who still has temper tantrums and spews insults most children learn to avoid by the time they're nine. Elizabeth Warren is a 'goofus'? Seriously! That's the best his vocabulary can come up with? When you think of the smooth, erudite insults some of the great politicians of history have issued towards each other, then consider Trump it's simply embarrassing.

Edited by Argus

I couldn't say. All I can say is the image he presents to the world is that of a cloddish buffoon who still temper tantrums and spews insults most children learn to avoid by the time they're nine.

The only image that matters right now is winning the GOP nomination....the world is still watching him more than the PM of Canada.

The only image that matters right now is winning the GOP nomination....the world is still watching him more than the PM of Canada.

People will always watch a bunch of clowns throwing mud at each other. Doesn't mean you want them in your garden.

Go to his home borough of Queens NYC and tell people they talk like a cartoon, then get ready for your own Martin Scorsese movie.

So am I....guess you haven't been to Queens ?

has Trump? Who considers the wealthy, isolated, cloistered enclave of "Jamaica Estates" a part of the Queens borough? Have you ever been to New York? :lol:

Trump knows what he's doing. He knows the difference between how to speak at a rally versus speaking at a debate or one-on-one interview. The common people have always complained about politicians speaking down to them, Trump speaks on their level - for now.