America under President Trump

20 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

1,000 x better. Are you daft?

FOX is the most biased news show on television, barring one of those far right outfits we don't get in Canada.

I've been decrying the liberal bias in the mainstream media for a long time, longer than you've been here, but even I can't stand FOX most of the time because they slant the news so blatantly.

You hate the mainstream news and CNN because they're biased but adore FOX because their bias is the same as yours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Argus said:

FOX is the most biased news show on television, barring one of those far right outfits we don't get in Canada.

I've been decrying the liberal bias in the mainstream media for a long time, longer than you've been here, but even I can't stand FOX most of the time because they slant the news so blatantly.

You hate the mainstream news and CNN because they're biased but adore FOX because their bias is the same as yours.

Blah, blah, blah.

"I HAVE A BASELESS ALLEGATION TO MAKE, AND I REFUSE TO POST A SINGLE GREG GUTFELD COMMENT THAT CAN BE RIDICULED FOR IT'S BLATANT BIAS AND STUPIDITY, BUT YOU MUST TAKE MY WORD FOR IT!!! I AM ARGUSSSSS!!!!!". 

Maybe you should just shut your pie-hole if you don't have any proof of what you're saying.

3 hours ago, Argus said:

MSNBC is very biased, purposely trying to counter Fox News Corp, which has been #1 in U.S. cable news for a very long time. 

Not sure why you are so heavily invested in foreign news networks either way, but what may be a slant to you in Canada is not always true for the target American audience and sponsors.    Canada doesn't have anywhere near the amount of bandwidth and diverging news production, but that doesn't mean the U.S. has to be so limited.

23 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

For ten thousand dollars please answer the following question-  “what is the definition of irony?”

15 minutes ago, Argus said:

Someone who names themselves oftenwrong saying other people are wrong?

Better than anything I could come up with.

5 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

The 2014-2017 and 2020 riots were in multiple cities at the same time, covering several square blocks. 
The magnitude of the events completely escapes you. 

Shocker

Considering nearly 95% of the protests were peaceful with no violence and looting, most went unnoticed. You may want to look up the meaning of the word "magnitude" since it is lost on you. The Los Angeles riots in 1992 had nearly 4 times as many deaths as all the riots you have mentioned, and the LA riots lasted less than a week. Compare that with the BLM/Antifa protests/riots, which according to you, were continuous throughout 2014-17, and again in 2020.

You are very soft, WestCan. 

Edited by Petros

4 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

1,000 x better. Are you daft?

Watch Greg Gutfeld on the Five or his Saturday night show and try to tell me that he’s not 1,000 x smarter than Maddow, Cooper, O’Donnell, Lemon and Stelter combined.

They have brilliant guests like D’Souza and Shapiro. CNN has ‘experts’ like Thunberg and comey. 

Don’t be afraid of facts Petros. Be afraid of your own ignorance  

Is there an ignore feature,? It would really come in handy about now.

Edited by Petros

4 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

So after years of supporting riots, Obama was still popular with over 50% of Americans- basically all the dems. 

Get it now?

No, sorry.  I don't get the point you are trying to make.  However, that goes without saying for most of the uneducated simpletons that can't let go the fact that Trump lost the election.

I read an article that it is actually normal in American elections that a vast proportion of the voters of the losing party genuinely think that the election was rigged while something like 95% of the voters of the winning party believe that the election was honest and fair. When the winner and loser change places so do the numbers of people believing that the election must have been rigged.

It was only this time that the election-fraud charges reached a whole new dimension.

Conservative Douglas Murray is often a voice of sanity on any number of topics. As he is on this one.

Of course culpability for taking this problem to the next level must without doubt be awarded to Trump. As I wrote here in November, if Trump and nine out of ten of his supporters believed that the election in November was stolen, then it was up to them and their candidate to prove it. This they did not do. And yet, instead of resigning themselves to the fact that Joe Biden really did win, Trump has personally made sure that a very sizeable chunk (a majority in fact) of the American right have followed him down a stupid, self-destructive and time-wasting path.

Still, it will not be enough to simply dismiss these people as mere irritants. Their fellow conservatives will have to find a way to talk these people down from the situation they have been talked into.

In one way that is easy. The people who think Trump won the election must now believe that they live in a corrupted or non-democracy in which Mitch McConnell, Lindsey Graham and most of the rest of the Republican party are Democrat sell-outs. They must further believe that members of the Supreme Court who were nominated during Trump’s time in office owed some kind of fealty oath to him and that their failure to overturn the election (like almost every other legislative and judicial body in the US) shows they too are a sell-out.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/where-will-the-american-right-turn-now

15 hours ago, Petros said:

Considering nearly 95% of the protests were peaceful with no violence and looting, most went unnoticed. You may want to look up the meaning of the word "magnitude" since it is lost on you. The Los Angeles riots in 1992 had nearly 4 times as many deaths as all the riots you have mentioned, and the LA riots lasted less than a week. Compare that with the BLM/Antifa protests/riots, which according to you, were continuous throughout 2014-17, and again in 2020.

You are very soft, WestCan. 

Your '95%' number is BS, and even where there wasn't actual enough of a wide-scale rampage to be called a riot, a very large percentage of the protests involved blocking traffic, threats, assaults on police, abuse of police and common assaults, etc.

If people who thought that the election was stolen were blocking traffic and beating a few people up you wouldn't call it 'peaceful protest'.

You are a very big hypocrite Petros.

16 hours ago, Petros said:

No, sorry.  I don't get the point you are trying to make.  However, that goes without saying for most of the uneducated simpletons that can't let go the fact that Trump lost the election.

You just conceded the fact that you couldn’t grasp that simple bit of logic, and then in the same post you used the word simpleton as an insult.... 

That’s like Roseanne Barr or Oprah Winfrey fat-shaming people. ?

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Conservative Douglas Murray is often a voice of sanity on any number of topics. As he is on this one.

The fact that a CNN-pragrammed, radical anti-Trumper calls someone “a voice of sanity” is the exact opposite of an endorsement. 

“This poop-flinging monkey is the world’s  foremost political expert, aside from maybe Greta.” - CNN and the left. 

Can you not see the hypocrisy of leftists accusing Trump of carrying on about a stolen election without proof?

To be honest I already know the answer, but until you say it yourself it’s not really fair to laugh at you.

?

DOH! That was unfair. ?