America under President Trump

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canadians still won't stay away....snowbirds are still sunbathing in southern states and getting vaccine shots much faster than in frozen Canada.   Politicians and even the CBC CEO were busted for U.S. travel.    Somebody here told it is because the weather sucks in Canada, but other things suck too (or so I have been told).

All the more reason to build a 30 foot high impenetrable wall around us, and make Canada pay for it.  What are you waiting for? Start petitioning your local Senators or state representatives to bring the issue to congress.  You better move fast. After all, Canada is a haven for terrorists!

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canadians still won't stay away....snowbirds are still sunbathing in southern states and getting vaccine shots much faster than in frozen Canada.   Politicians and even the CBC CEO were busted for U.S. travel.    Somebody here told it is because the weather sucks in Canada, but other things suck too (or so I have been told).

Every country has whiners.  Case in point; the last potus.  ?

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

That's not how it works dude. Not at all. 

Unless you have a cite then your post was just the opinion of a random internet poster.

You questioned my statement.  The burden lies upon you to refute my claims. 

I will be waiting....

11 minutes ago, Petros said:

All one has to do is compare the COVID fatality rates of Canada and the USA.  It's not exactly hard to use Google.

You made the claim.   The onus is on you to provide something to support it!

Unless you can back that up with something, it's just your opinion.....and, personal opinions are worth squat in discussions.

5 minutes ago, betsy said:

You made the claim.   The onus is on you to provide something to support it!

Unless you can back that up with something, it's just your opinion.....and, personal opinions are worth squat in discussions.

I can't believe a grown adult can't tell the difference between an opinion and a fact. I'm sorry the American education system failed you.  Then again, you are the one who believes in some magical flying spaghetti monster will save your soul from eternal damnation. 

Still waiting....

Edited by Petros

26 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Really ?   Some douche bag tries to kill the U.S. president and law enforcement officials in Texas because we deported her sorry ass back to Canada and you think it is the victim's fault as well.

TDS logic at its finest.

Maybe they were officially designated as "mostly peaceful" assassination attempts by the de facto AG of the USA - CNN. 

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Maybe they were officially designated as "mostly peaceful" assassination attempts by the de facto AG of the USA - CNN. 

There are mentally ill loons in every country.  The US has it's fair share. Look at all the mass killings in America. If I had to list every instance of domestic terrorism in America, I would be on here for days.

Edited by Petros

8 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Really? You're the one who threw the unsupported opinion out there and thought that it was a fact.

Actually, I stated a fact.

Here are some examples of facts:

-The United States has 331 million people

-The United States declared independence on July 4, 1776

-The United States has a per-capita COVID fatality rate 2.6 times higher than Canada does.

Here are some examples of opinions:

-Donald Trump was not a good President

-Golf is boring

-We were better off without cell phones and the internet

If you need further help with distinguishing a fact from an opinion, I can provide some links that will point you in the right direction.

Edited by Petros

7 minutes ago, Petros said:

-The United States has a per-capita COVID fatality rate 2.6 times higher than Canada does.

-Golf is boring

If you need further help with distinguishing a fact from an opinion, I can provide some links that will point you in the right direction.

You're barking up the wrong tree.  Unless the facts are in their favour trumpers will ignore them.  I.e. election results, wind turbine cancer, etc.. 

Edited by Cannucklehead
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canadians are whining right now about Keystone XL....boo hoo.

Better mix up some more ricin !

Better build a 30 foot high reinforced steel wall on the Canada-USA border. After all, you would not want any more ricin-carrying loons to cross the border. 

Edited by Petros

2 minutes ago, Petros said:

Better build a 30 foot high reinforced steel wall on the Canada-USA border. After all, you would not want any more ricin-carrying loons to cross the border. 

Canadian perps would just tunnel under the wall...same as Mexicans.

Three men charged in Canadian drug tunnel investigation

A “professionally constructed” tunnel leading nearly 100 yards from an abandoned house in the Northwest Washington town of Lynden to a greenhouse just beyond the U.S.-Canadian border was shut down yesterday before it could be used.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office said this morning it was newly constructed and designed for drug trafficking. Three Canadian men have been charged in connection with construction of the tunnel as well as drug trafficking.

A "professionally constructed" tunnel leading nearly 100 yards from an abandoned house in the Northwest Washington town of Lynden to a greenhouse...

2 minutes ago, Petros said:

-Golf is boring

1) I saw you state that the US would have 40 or 60% less covid deaths if Trump had mimicked some sort of imagined  Trudeau awesomeness, which was obviously a farce.

2) There are a lot of factors involved in "The United States has a per-capita COVID fatality rate 2.6 times higher than Canada does." Medicare, obesity rates, poverty rates, etc. 

The 2.6 doesn't have anything to do with Trump/Trdeau.

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canadian perps would just tunnel under the wall...same as Mexicans.

And this is precisely why any attempt to build a wall on the Mexican border would fail miserably.  Everyone knows that there at nearly 100 tunnels that have been dug by Mexican cartels at any given time, and their respective counterparts in the USA. It's also well known that ICE and the US Border security is paid off generously, to ignore their existence. 

30 minutes ago, Petros said:

There are mentally ill loons in every country.  The US has it's fair share. Look at all the mass killings in America. If I had to list every instance of domestic terrorism in America, I would be on here for days.

Half of the US fully supported rioting, arson, looting and murder for almost 3 full years. A few loons coming from Canada is just a drop in the bucket.

Just now, Petros said:

And this is precisely why any attempt to build a wall on the Mexican border would fail miserably.  Everyone knows that there at nearly 100 tunnels that have been dug by Mexican cartels at any given time, and their respective counterparts in the USA. It's also well known that ICE and the US Border security is paid off generously, to ignore their existence. 

The U.S. began building walls and barriers on the Mexican border long before Trump for lots of reasons, including vehicle traffic, not just people.  

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

Half of the US fully supported rioting, arson, looting and murder for almost 3 full years. A few loons coming from Canada is just a drop in the bucket.

Do you have a cite for that number?  That would be over 150 million people supporting rioting, arson, looting and murder for almost 3 years.  I'm not sure I believe that. 

It's not like I saw it on CNN, or anywhere like that.

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

1) I saw you state that the US would have 40 or 60% less covid deaths if Trump had mimicked some sort of imagined  Trudeau awesomeness, which was obviously a farce.

2) There are a lot of factors involved in "The United States has a per-capita COVID fatality rate 2.6 times higher than Canada does." Medicare, obesity rates, poverty rates, etc. 

The 2.6 doesn't have anything to do with Trump/Trdeau.

The main factor is the Trump Administration consistently downplaying the pandemic and stating that COVID would "go away" in spite of every single medical professional, the WHO, and the CDC stating otherwise. There is also that matter of misinformation that Trump and his cronies kept spreading to the American public.

The Obama administration had implemented a playbook in the event of a pandemic ever occurring in the US.  Trump simply tossed it in the garbage.  Trump not only failed the American people, but he influenced State Governors and other legislatures to do the same thing.  The results were over 250,000 preventable deaths.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trump set up Biden pretty well....all of the Trump haters in Canada will gladly accept being kicked in the nutz by Joe Biden and his protectionist policies.

Trudeau will be Biden's poodle.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/business/gm-canada-announces-tentative-deal-for-1-billion-electric-vehicle-plant-in-ontario-1.5269550

My guess is we'll be ok.  Kenney is fuming of course, but what else is new?