America under President Trump

7 minutes ago, Petros said:

Once again, misinformation and garbage that plagued America for the last five years.  Hopefully something is done to prevent QAnon sites from gaining traction into mainstream America. 

Yep.  Muzzle those we don't want to hear from.   Dictate what should be fed to the masses!  Lol - you must have read the playbook.

Oh boy, that's really soooooo like China!   Thanks for proving my point.

Edited by betsy

4 minutes ago, betsy said:

Yep.  Muzzle those we don't want to hear from.   Dictate what should be fed to the masses!  Lol - you must have read the playbook.

Oh boy, that's really soooooo like China!   Thanks for proving my point.

Yes, I suppose we should just strike down all hate crime laws, and promote things like Holocaust denial, advocate physical attacks on Muslims and immigrants, or promote Zionist conspiracies. 

Edited by Petros

2 minutes ago, Petros said:

Yes, I suppose we should just strike down all hate crime laws, and promote things like Holocaust denial, advocate physical attacks on Muslims, or promote Zionist conspiracies. 

We have laws against crimes.  They are sufficient.

....but in a democracy, we don't muzzle people.  They do that in China!

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, betsy said:

If news and media sites deliberately spread misinformation and lies, they should be shut down by the FTC, and face prosecution. Once people like Alex Jones and others are held accountable for their actions, the QAnon movement will collapse. It only gained traction due to a Narcissistic and delusional President propping the movement up for the past four years. 

It's like shouting "FIRE" in a crowded cinema. One should be accountable for the aftermath, if people are injured.

Edited by Petros

41 minutes ago, betsy said:

Lol....I don't know if this is true but I've read that Occasio Cortez wants a list of all Trump supporters!  And, Pelosi went to the Commanders and wanted them to find out who voted for Trump - and to keep them away from guard duty.

There also is a "snitch line," so neighbors can rat out Trump supporters!    That's a page out of China!

So when did the US do away with secret ballots?

1 hour ago, betsy said:

Social media platforms and the US gov gave people a lot of places to say whatever they wanted to, true or not.  Ended up with the Capitol being invaded by an armed mob.  So yeah, even words have consequences.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dialamah said:

Social media platforms and the US gov gave people a lot of places to say whatever they wanted to, true or not.  Ended up with 

2.5 years of rioting under Obama and 4 months of rioting under Trump.

But it wasn't social media that was to blame. CNN and the Dems incited those riots, let criminals out of jail to participate, paid bail in states where they didn't have the power to just release them unilaterally, egged on the rioters and tried to justify the carnage and downplay the vast extent of it...

Michelle Obama: "Stay angry. Focus your anger. Never let anyone tell you to not be angry."

Kamala Harris: "The protests [rioting and murders at the time she said it] won't let up. They shouldn't let up."

Anderson Cooper: "I'm here with john Sullivan, an activist and the founder of 'Insurgence USA' to talk about how much worse this riot was than the riot when John gave his beautiful & passionate speech to his delightful followers to violently remove the POTUS from the Whitehouse. This most recent riot was illegal, wasn't it John, while yours was pa-rittee dannng cooool. You guys burned down a church or something, right? Good times! Good times."

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aristides said:

So when did the US do away with secret ballots?

To be honest, a ballot is only truly secret when you cast it in a ballot box.

If the ballot comes in the mail, anyone who finds it can check if off and send it in as long as you live in one of the states where the signature on the ballot doesn't have to match anything on record.

Someone bigger than you who lives in your house can also force you to vote for whomever they choose. 

You can offer poor people money for their ballot.

There are lots of ways in which a mail-in ballot is not a 'secret' ballot at all. You just have to be able to think instead of just memorizing propaganda by rote. 

On 5/5/2016 at 8:36 AM, betsy said:

"I know people aren’t sure right now what a President Trump will be like,” he said. “But things will be fine.

I’m not running for president to make things unstable for the country.”

....and I think he will indeed do things that'll be best for the USA.

Well I mean, when he becomes President, this guy will practically have everything - including the prestige of

being President, right?

If he's an egoist (as they say he is)........of course he'd want to go down in history not just as another US President........

..........but as, the best President the USA had ever had!

He'll most likely work on that. That will be his ultimate goal!

Apt to quote the first post on his last day.... didn't turn out as some thought.  

It's a new era... let's be positive.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

To be honest, a ballot is only truly secret when you cast it in a ballot box.

If the ballot comes in the mail, anyone who finds it can check if off and send it in as long as you live in one of the states where the signature on the ballot doesn't have to match anything on record.

Someone bigger than you who lives in your house can also force you to vote for whomever they choose. 

You can offer poor people money for their ballot.

There are lots of ways in which a mail-in ballot is not a 'secret' ballot at all. You just have to be able to think instead of just memorizing propaganda by rote. 

Have you ever seen a mail in ballot? Have you ever used one? You sign an envelope but not the one your ballot goes in. Your ballot goes in an unmarked envelope which isn't opened until your ballot is counted. Do you think polls people conspire to try and record how people voted just on the off chance that police might want to know later? Of course if they did it would only be in the states Trump lost. Right? The trouble with your conspiracies is that so many people would have to be in on them with out one of them blabbing, they are an impossibility.

9 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Apt to quote the first post on his last day.... didn't turn out as some thought.  

It's a new era... let's be positive.

:rolleyes:

Right! 

Trump-haters should now learn to  let go.   Lol.  why am I the one who's being so positive here?  Hahahahaha

Therefore................

...................................  Don't resurrect OLD STATEMENTS posted  in 2016!

LOOK AHEAD!

Mind you....that depends on where you're facing. If you're so confused that you think 2016 is ahead of you! Hahahaha :lol:  hahahahahaha

Edited by betsy

Trump-haters should now have..........

.................to  let go.

I know it's hard for some.....but you have to try.   No point to still keep stewing in your juices! :lol: 

What?   You all now suffering from PTTSD? 

POST  TRAUMATIC TRUMP STRESS  DISORDER?

:lol:  Hahahahaha

You guys really bring out the troll in me! :D

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, dialamah said:

Social media platforms and the US gov gave people a lot of places to say whatever they wanted to, true or not.  Ended up with the Capitol being invaded by an armed mob.  So yeah, even words have consequences.

So do the flash mobs!  Remember them?   They do flash mob and break into targetted stores?

Flash mob thieves make off with $30,000 in merchandise from North Face store in Wisconsin

“They were gone from the store within 30 seconds,” say police.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/flash-mob-thieves-make-off-30000-merchandise-wisconsin/story?id=64150444

The BLM ralles!   Name-whatever-they-grieve-for rallies!  Stop whining about one specific thing!   

WHAT?   You guys think nothing will exceed whatever it is out there?  Nothing won't ESCALATE?  Especially when they're all fishing for "likes?

No one will try to outdo others?  ARE YOU GUYS AWAKE?

FACE IT!

That's among the price we pay for having social media!

So now....you guys want to curtail our freedom just so you can keep your social media?  Lol.   You' re so pathetic!

If you guys truly hate what social media brings, then show it by action! 

BOYCOTT THEM!

Otherwise, don't lecture!   YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM!  YOU'RE JUST ANOTHER ENABLER IF YOU READ OR DO TWEETS, POST YOUR COMMENTS ON FACEBOOK,  YOUTUBE, ETC..... 

A lot of posts I read on forums are based on ignorance and childlike naivete!  They spread their ignorance and  naivete!  So, there!

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, betsy said:

So  do the flash mobs!  Remember them?   They do flash mob and break into targetted stores?

So now....you guys want to curtail our freedom just so you can keep your social media?  Lol.   You' re so pathetic!

Only the freedoms of the trouble-makers are being curtailed; you are still free to spout any nonsense you want.  Unless your nonsense has drifted into violence and you've also been banned from social media? 

This whining about conservatives being oppressed is stupid - there are forums and platforms everywhere for their views, and they post on Facebook, Twitter etc, just like liberals do.  The real problem is that Trump supporters aren't so much conservatives as extremists, and their views aren't wanted.  You guys have presented your ideas to the marketplace and they've been rejected - its not oppression, its rejection.

Also, there's a difference between an attempted insurrection and a robbery, but I guess its all the same to you if the insurrectionists share your views. 

I think if some Islamic extremists were discussing, over social media, how to kidnap or kill Western politicians, and ensure their preferred leader were installed  you'd have no problem curtailling their freedoms to shut them down.  You'd probably be demanding it.  Why should Trump or his cultists be treated any differently?