America under President Trump

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

If you've never accused anyone of anything then carry on, but I really doubt that's the case.

FYI 1) this is not a case of libel because he didn't say that Joe did it, he just asked if there was going to be a trial 2) there was never a court case, so no judge ever made a ruling on that death. 

1. I have never falsely accused anyone of committing murder, either explicitly or FYI implicitly with cowardly question marks or claims that other people are saying this. 

2. There was never a court case because the death was fully investigated by the medical examiner, including a police investigation and a full autopsy, and was determined to be an accident. Here is the report:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/context/medical-examiner-s-report-on-the-2001-death-of-lori-klausutis/4d82c16d-d9c5-4022-9580-2325b9774cf2/

The Washington Examiner is hardly a left-wing publication but, like many on the right, it has been appalled by Trump’s lies in this case:

Nearly two decades ago, when Joe Scarborough was a conservative Republican member of Congress from Florida, his office suffered a tragedy. One of his staff, a 28-year-old woman, named Lori Klausutis, collapsed from a heart condition while working alone in his Fort Walton Beach, Florida, office. 

As the medical examiner later reported, she hit her head in the process of fainting, and the blow killed her. When her body was found the following morning by a constituent arriving for an appointment — she never had the chance to lock up — there was no suspicion of foul play.

Unfortunately, in the minds of certain lunatics — especially disreputable, typically (but not always) anonymous online left-wingers itching to slander any available Republican politician — this became a hot new conspiracy theory. Scarborough, they theorized, must have been having an affair with the staffer in question, and he must have murdered her in order to cover it up. According to this tall tale, the controversy surrounding her death even forced Scarborough to leave Congress — so that just proves it, right?

...But it is far, far more unfortunate that the latest person to trumpet and repeat this vile slander is the president supposedly leading this nation through a time of crisis. 

Whatever his issues with Scarborough, President Trump's crazed Twitter rant on this subject was vile and unworthy of his office. Some will undoubtedly shrug it off as Trump being Trump, but one could hardly be blamed for reading it and doubting his fitness to lead.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/editorials/trumps-slanderous-attack-on-joe-scarborough-is-incompatible-with-leadership

Take a look at other sane right-wing publications like the WSJ - same message.

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

1 hour ago, New World Disorder said:

You should. Get the info straight from Trump himself instead of relying on the media to tell you what he thinks!

The other thought I have is no one wants to see it as it may ruin the image they have of Trump, if they support him.

I don’t think it’s possible to not know what Trump tweeted. 

16 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

1. I have never falsely accused anyone of committing murder, either explicitly or FYI implicitly with cowardly question marks or claims that other people are saying this. 

2. There was never a court case because the death was fully investigated by the medical examiner, including a police investigation and a full autopsy, and was determined to be an accident. Here is the report:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/context/medical-examiner-s-report-on-the-2001-death-of-lori-klausutis/4d82c16d-d9c5-4022-9580-2325b9774cf2/

The Washington Examiner is hardly a left-wing publication but, like many on the right, it has been appalled by Trump’s lies in this case:

Take a look at other sane right-wing publications like the WSJ - same message.

1, I never asked if you ever accused anyone of committing murder. 2, there was not a ruling, just a determination from the corner. I’m not normally that big on semantics but the use of the word ruling was just misleading in this context.

It’s unfortunate that Trump went at Joe Scarborough like that, but honestly it’s even more unfortunate that a lowlife like Joe Scarborough, Rachel Maddow or Lawrence O’Donnell still have national platforms to spread their feces on America. 

By the time that a media personality has gotten down to a 10% accuracy rating, and they’re a constant source of false allegations, they should not be allowed on TV anymore.

I’m not talking about relying on some fake fact-checker like Snipes or politifake, I’m talking about an actual fair review of a media personality’s comments where they have a chance to defend themselves.

22 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

1, I never asked if you ever accused anyone of committing murder. 2, there was not a ruling, just a determination from the corner. I’m not normally that big on semantics but the use of the word ruling was just misleading in this context.

1. What I am trying to point out to you there is the gravity of what Trump did. I’m not perfect but I’ve never done that. 

Florida investigates deaths through a district-based system of medical examiners who are required to be practising pathologists. It does not have coroners. The determination of the manner of death by the medical examiner certainly does have legal significance and would be treated as such in any court of law. If Trump was sued over these tweets, it would be a powerful piece of evidence against him. BTW innuendo, e.g. ‘just asking questions’, is not an absolute defence in such cases:

Even so, Mr. Scarborough might succeed in a defamation suit against Mr. Trump for reputational harm. After all, the president’s innuendo that Mr. Scarborough may have murdered Lori Klausutis — presumably credible to the many Trump Twitter followers who subscribe to conspiracy theories — may seriously harm Mr. Scarborough’s reputation with them and others.

Mr. Trump, moreover, often aims his tweets to lead multiple news cycles affecting well beyond his Twitter followers. The president will surely argue that he has not actually accused anyone of murder and was merely “raising questions.” But courts have held that such calculated innuendo can constitute defamation, depending on the facts. This would be for a jury to decide.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/28/opinion/twitter-trump-scarborough.html?referringSource=articleShare

1 hour ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

1. What I am trying to point out to you there is the gravity of what Trump did. I’m not perfect but I’ve never done that. 

Florida investigates deaths through a district-based system of medical examiners who are required to be practising pathologists. It does not have coroners. The determination of the manner of death by the medical examiner certainly does have legal significance and would be treated as such in any court of law. If Trump was sued over these tweets, it would be a powerful piece of evidence against him. BTW innuendo, e.g. ‘just asking questions’, is not an absolute defence in such cases:

I'm not arguing that Joe Scarborough couldn't "win" a libel suit against Trump, I'm just saying that if he opens up that can of worms and goes into a court to talk about libel Trump can get Joe on 75 libel suits. Trump would have to pay JS $10M, JS would have to pay Trump $1.5 Trillion. 

It's not a good idea for Joe to play "Who's the biggest, sleaziest liar?"

16 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I don’t think it’s possible to not know what Trump tweeted. 

But this is why all the media bias stuff doesn't really hold a lot of water. 

Most of it is just a reaction to what Trump says or Tweets. He purposely tries to be provocative. Some people love it, some people hate it. That's his goal, he's not the type of politican that wants to unite people. 

16 minutes ago, Boges said:

But this is why all the media bias stuff doesn't really hold a lot of water. 

Most of it is just a reaction to what Trump says or Tweets. He purposely tries to be provocative. Some people love it, some people hate it. That's his goal, he's not the type of politican that wants to unite people. 

The media bias is unquestionable.

Van Jones admitted on hidden camera that "Russian collusion is a big nothingburger" over a year before the Mueller report came out. CNN pimped that shit like gospel truth that whole time and made false accusations against Trump and his associates which were all predicated on the known-to-be-false investigation. Plus they lie about every other topic that comes out.

Anyone who can watch 5 minutes of CNN and not catch them lying is an absolute idiot. 

CNN is to the Dems what TASS is to the Russian Gov't, what Xinhua is to the Chinese gov't, what CBC is to the Liberals, etc. KCNA in NoKo is the only state-run news agency in the world that can match CNN's level of dishonesty. Nothing else even comes close, and I'm including Fox News in that calculation. Fox is biased, but they don't lie unashamedly hundreds of times per week. 

6 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

I guess you have a lot of spare time on your hands?

I am unemployed.. Yes I have a lot of free time.

But again if you really want to know what Trump thinks and says,  check his twitter account.

He openly called for people to be shot in the streets. That's very very dangerous.

Edited by New World Disorder

19 hours ago, New World Disorder said:

I am unemployed.. Yes I have a lot of free time.

But again if you really want to know what Trump thinks and says,  check his twitter account.

He openly called for people to be shot in the streets. That's very very dangerous.

People are going to die if the looting continues, regardless of what Trump says.

I don't think that he's handling these riots well, but Obama didn't do anything and they went on for 3 years, so it's obvious that the Obama approach isn't the way to go.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

People are going to die if the looting continues, regardless of what Trump says.

I don't think that he's handling these riots well, but Obama didn't do anything and they went on for 3 years, so it's obvious that the Obama approach isn't the way to go.

There is a problem that the POTUS wont be able to resolve, unless he is willing to go after every corrupt police department. That is the only way things will change in the US.

I've seen black, latino, asian, and white cops victimizing black, latino , asian ans white citizens.  I think we can clearly see what the issue is.

6 minutes ago, New World Disorder said:

There is a problem that the POTUS wont be able to resolve, unless he is willing to go after every corrupt police department. That is the only way things will change in the US.

I've seen black, latino, asian, and white cops victimizing black, latino , asian ans white citizens.  I think we can clearly see what the issue is.

Even the FBI is corrupt. Trump is looking at a huge uphill battle.

The phoney war between Trump and the platforms is like pro wrestling - pretending to hate each other is part of the act. The faux liberals of Facebook in particular stand to make a fortune from Trump's campaign and a man who found the conservative faith rather late in life needs to bypass the pesky fact-checkers of TV and print. Twitter has been very good to him and vice versa. 

• Like 1

Another day and more riots. From what I see, some are ANTIFA members messing things up. They caught people from out of state in Minneapolis that were causing problems.

A line I read on twitter lately : The USA has finally invaded the USA to bring democracy to the USA

But really this is the kind of thing the USA goes to war with other nations over. How a nation treats its citizens.

Welcome to your police state!!  For those who said there was no police state last week.. how do you feel about it now?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/31/politics/robert-obrien-systemic-racism-george-floyd-cnntv/index.html

"No, I don't think there's systemic racism. I think 99.9% of our law enforcement officers are great Americans. Many of them are African American, Hispanic, Asian, they're working the toughest neighborhood, they've got the hardest jobs to do in this country and I think they're amazing, great Americans," O'Brien told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union" when asked if systemic racism was a problem for police agencies.
O'Brien added that there are "some bad apples in there. There are some bad cops who are racist. There are cops that maybe don't have the right straining."
"There is no doubt that there are some racist police, I think they're the minority, I think they're the few bad apples and we need to root them out," he said.

The media puts it forth as racism when it is really bad people against good people.  And the cops that don't weed out the bad ones are just as complicit in whatever crime they take part in.

You should have seen the video of the number of police that were outside of Chauvin's home to protect it.   That is who they protect, crooked cops, not the citizens.

When the going gets tough Trump goes to his secure bunker. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/politics/trump-white-house-racial-unrest-leadership/index.html

This is the TRUE face of Trump. A completely spineless person. He may look nice on the international stage, but when it comes to his own nation. Zero F's given.

Failed President.

On 5/31/2020 at 2:22 AM, SpankyMcFarland said:

The phoney war between Trump and the platforms is like pro wrestling - pretending to hate each other is part of the act. The faux liberals of Facebook in particular stand to make a fortune from Trump's campaign and a man who found the conservative faith rather late in life needs to bypass the pesky fact-checkers of TV and print. Twitter has been very good to him and vice versa. 

Some days I can't resist thinking Trump is just a Russian troll and so are the outraged responders as well.

Time to run a third party in the US.  The question is who?

Kayne West?  Gary Bettman?    Maury Povich?

On 5/30/2020 at 12:33 PM, WestCanMan said:

None of the Obama protesting was this bad and widespread. 

I don't think he has the guts to order the US Military to go into US cities and start cracking heads.