America under President Trump

8 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

HIV is not easily transmitted, and pharma therapies already exist.    There is no panic over HIV these days...just chronic infection rates.

Trump should discourage any general panic, and he is certainly not responsible for causing COVID-19.

Pence could have managed the HIV outbreak better in his state.

Trump’s best strategy to reassure the public and the markets would be to leave technical details about fatality rates, potential vaccines etc. to the experts or Pence.

Nobody has said Trump is responsible for COVID-19. 

2 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Pence could have managed the HIV outbreak better in his state.

Needle exchange programs have been controversial for decades...still are.   Pence knew that.

Trump’s best strategy to reassure the public and the markets would be to leave technical details about fatality rates, potential vaccines etc. to the experts or Pence.

Nobody has said Trump is responsible for COVID-19. 

Trump was criticized for not communicating sooner...can't have it both ways.

CDC and HHS agencies are part of the Trump administration.

6 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

They keep saying he's botched preparations for something that hasn't even happened yet. That's what the media has been on about all day.

That's not a cite. Although, I vaguely recall a Republican senator demanding of a CDC witness why they only had 30 million masks if they should have 300 million. And I also have vague memories that the budget for disease control was cut and the person who was in charge of fighting against communicable diseases had their position eliminated. Not sure how much of that people might be talking about.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2018/05/10/top-white-house-official-in-charge-of-pandemic-response-exits-abruptly/

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-cuts-programs-responsible-for-fighting-coronavirus-2020-2

18 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Who was forced ?   You fell right into one of the oldest bulletin board traps....voluntarily.

Bulletin board traps? This is the only forum ive ever participated in

Is bulletin board traps, what those who can't argue with reason or logic use when they can't admit defeat?

1 minute ago, SkyHigh said:

Bulletin board traps? This is the only forum ive ever participated in

Is bulletin board traps, what those who can't argue with reason or logic use when they can't admit defeat?

No worries...just an old Usenet alt newsgroup joke that you didn't get.

Just stick to the topic and stop worrying so much about other people's "intelligence".

Personal attacks are not permitted in the only forum you have ever participated in.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

stick to the topic

I spoke specifically to Trumps lack of political experience and low communication skills, both objective and demonstrable facts.

You answered by bringing up things including but not limited to: separation, sponsorship scandal, trudeau, Clinton, Rwanda, clothing sales, black face, the CBC, trudeau again, news conferences, trudeau again, foreign hacks and my "misguided ideology"(whatever that means) None of which are relevant to the "topic" I raised.

31 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Personal attacks are not permitted

If you equate pointing out the fallacies in your arguments with personal attacks, that's on you not me

33 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

worrying so much about other people's "intelligence".

Let me be clear "intelligence" is independent of epistemology and the ability(or lack thereof) to form sound and valid syllogistic arguments. I believe you to be an intelligent person, though i may question your grasp of Aristotelian logic.

5 hours ago, SkyHigh said:

I spoke specifically to Trumps lack of political experience and low communication skills, both objective and demonstrable facts.

You answered by bringing up things including but not limited to: separation, sponsorship scandal, trudeau, Clinton, Rwanda, clothing sales, black face, the CBC, trudeau again, news conferences, trudeau again, foreign hacks and my "misguided ideology"(whatever that means) None of which are relevant to the "topic" I raised.

If you equate pointing out the fallacies in your arguments with personal attacks, that's on you not me

Let me be clear "intelligence" is independent of epistemology and the ability(or lack thereof) to form sound and valid syllogistic arguments. I believe you to be an intelligent person, though i may question your grasp of Aristotelian logic.

I agree that he didn’t have much political experience, but I’d say he’s a fairly good communicator.

1 hour ago, Shady said:

I agree that he didn’t have much political experience, but I’d say he’s a fairly good communicator.

Trump had very little political experience, but he had lots of media experience...more than most any politician.

...and he parlayed that experience into winning a U.S. presidential election.

I hate Trump as everyone knows. Pew kaka. However fair is fair. His move to take out the sob in Iran looks to be working well in quietening down Iran. Next today the US entered a peace agreement with the Taliban. Hope it holds. The fact is it happened under Trump's watch so his office gets credit. For a war monger as some have accused him of imagine if Obama had done that. Will any detractors of Trump notice this? I did. Have to be fair. Anytime you can do something like that  it should be applauded. Like I said I hope it holds.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Rue said:

I hate Trump as everyone knows. Pew kaka. However fair is fair. His move to take out the sob in Iran looks to be working well in quietening down Iran. Next today the US entered a peace agreement with the Taliban. Hope it holds. The fact is it happened under Trump's watch so his office gets credit. For a war monger as some have accused him of imagine if Obama had done that. Will any detractors of Trump notice this? I did. Have to be fair. Anytime you can do something like that  it should be applauded. Like I said I hope it holds.

Seeing this post has somehow restored my faith in humanity. If you can do that then even the most ardent leftist zealot can still come around seeing the truth eventually.

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Seeing this post has somehow restored my faith in humanity. If you can do that then even the most ardent leftist zealot can still come around seeing the truth eventually.

The Left's usual stance is to side with the Taliban?

:P

On 2/26/2020 at 12:21 PM, SkyHigh said:

Only a trump supporter braggs about an obvious idiot getting through to the masses, probably why you rank lower in education than most of the free world.

Maybe he is a good representation of the intelligence level of the average American. Silly me i gave y'all more credit than that

I love bragging about Donald Trump. Trump is a real and true leader unlike your idiot leader in Canada who is quite obvious an uneducated idiot and who is quite able to get those Joe and Mary six packs out there masses to vote for him who really do appear to lack any kind of common sense and logic, and especially intelligence. They are always getting drunk on their own liberal emotional stupidity. I will take Trump over that silly buffoon who is running and wrecking this once great country. 

So, go ahead and show or try and tell me as to what is so great about your dear leader comrade Trudeau? Give us all something that he has done that has been so wonderful and great for Canada since he became the dicktator of Khanuckistan? You despise Trump because you see him as a real and true leader while you see your dear leader as a complete fool. 

Come on, feed this beast with something! Probably will run away as usual. ;)

On 2/29/2020 at 10:00 AM, Rue said:

...today the US entered a peace agreement with the Taliban. Hope it holds. The fact is it happened under Trump's watch so his office gets credit. For a war monger as some have accused him of imagine if Obama had done that. Will any detractors of Trump notice this? I did. Have to be fair. Anytime you can do something like that  it should be applauded. Like I said I hope it holds.

Stupid arseholes never should have gone in the first place unless it was to personally join the fight against the Soviets when the US was allied with the precursor to the Taliban.  Meanwhile if Obama had pulled out Republicans and their lickspittles would be screaming bloody blue murder.  Of course I hope peace holds but I suspect Afghanistan will never be far from the broad fickle sweep of America's crosshairs - crosshairs that scan the planet like the flaming Eye of Mordor.

5 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Stupid arseholes never should have gone in the first place unless it was to personally join the fight against the Soviets when the US was allied with the precursor to the Taliban.  Meanwhile if Obama had pulled out Republicans and their lickspittles would be screaming bloody blue murder.  Of course I hope peace holds but I suspect Afghanistan will never be far from the broad fickle sweep of America's crosshairs - crosshairs that scan the planet like the flaming Eye of Mordor.

Who are you kidding ?    The British Empire / Crown (including Canada) was messing with Afghanistan long before America (i.e. The Great Game)....going back to 1830.

8 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Who are you kidding ?    The British Empire / Crown (including Canada) was messing with Afghanistan long before America (i.e. The Great Game)....going back to 1830.

If Trump cured cancer these morons would be like “dumb arseholes should’ve never gotten cancer in the first place”.  These mouth breathers are always changing the subject or moving the goal posts.  It’s like the shell game with them.  I think they just need Ritalin.