America under President Trump

15 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

There is no reason to hold Trump to a political fidelity standard that nobody else can meet either.

Apparently there's also no reason to worry about new standards that future presidents will probably not bother trying to meet either. Why would they? 

8 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Bernie would take a sledgehammer to that to really free the slaves, the blue collar and poor slaves, and much more of the wealth of the rich would be redistributed.  

It'll all be for nought if he doesn't redistribute power. Do that and wealth will just follow naturally on its own.

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

Apparently there's also no reason to worry about new standards that future presidents will probably not bother trying to meet either. Why would they? 

They never have....Executive branch power has expanded steadily for generations.

Trump is just another U.S. president.

8 hours ago, eyeball said:

It's like you're oblivious to decades of observations that America's Democrats are like Canada's Progressive Conservatives AKA right-wingers from our perspective.  Republicans were always more right wing of that and today they're even farther right.

I mean I get it that it's popular for conservatives to regard Clinton Obama and anything west of Genghis Khan as a pajama clad AK47 packing commie but you and I both know that's just retarded partisanship talking and always has been. You know fricken' well what more right-wing means and its not just less communist.

Which is like a mild headache compared to the brain-wasting effects of the left-wing derangement syndrome you people suffer from.

Who cares?  All that has nothing to do with Trump.  Your Trump Derangement Syndrome is showing again.  You’re not making any sense at all.

11 hours ago, eyeball said:

Okay, what about operatives involved in the coup to overthrow Trump?

It was essentially a "soft coup", and actual crimes were involved.

Now it's case of "how much damage will be done by completely destroying the reputation of the FBI and one of the two main political parties, vs how much damage was actually done to the democracy". 

The IG report was quick to label the "17 serious errors & omissions" as random and unbiased, even though every single person n the face of the earth knows that is completely impossible. If you flip a coin 17 times there's only 1 chance in 130,000 that you'll get all heads, but the members of the FBI had better than a 50% chance of getting a lot of those things right after 3 years of investigations. 

If you look back in history you'll find examples of leniency even by monarchs who didn't lack any power or authority. 

Enemies of the American people - "enemies domestic" no less - with the intent to illegally overthrow the lawful election of a president. Grab a brain? Excuse me but am I missing something here or are you just avoiding something?

You're missing the point of how much damage will be done to the most important institutions in the country if they go down that road. It's not a win-win. 

Everyone has their goals and their objectives. Trump is choosing moving the country forward vs all-out retribution which will set the country back. 

How many subpoenas and arrests have been issued/made?

We'll see what eventually happens with McCabe, Comey, Strzok and some others. No rush. All is well.

And you're twisting in the wind.

No, you're just asking stupid questions.

The adults are busy moving fwd. Being productive. What you're asking for is ludicrous.

8 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Well, that didn't last long. 

Your article is just a bunch of hyperbolic bullshit.

Title:

After slamming prosecutors and judge

He never slammed anyone, he talked about the bogus things they did. That's totally on point. 

Just hours later, the Justice Department abandoned the recommendation of its own prosecutors. The move sent shockwaves through Washington and prompted all four prosecutors to quit the case, with one leaving the department altogether.

OOOH, SHOCKWAVES!

Guess what? The JD didn't have to accept the "recommendations" of it's prosecutors. 

And then four idiots quit. See? The swamp is draining itself. Unlike our budget, which isn't balancing itself.

Awesomeness!

4 hours ago, Shady said:

You didn't answer the question.  Why can't a jury be criticized?  

jurys can be criticized. all white juries in cases where blacks are accused of crimes against whites is almost always a valid concern.

Stones defense had every opportunity to reject jurors. they are also able to appeal for a retrial on any juror basis. are they? not that i know of.

its Trump same old bullshit... if its a ruling not in favor of his unabashed lawless behavior and that of his associates then its a "witch hunt", a "hoax", "everyone is corrupt except me" (or more accurately, "i'm corrupt too but only because i have to be to confront the complete corruption of my enemies"). that works for 3 of 10 people our there.

Edited by godzilla

4 hours ago, godzilla said:

jurys can be criticized. all white juries in cases where blacks are accused of crimes against whites is almost always a valid concern.

Wow! That sounds crazy. Can you dig up an example of that from this century, or are you just going to sit there in silence and pretend you never saw this?

I'm eagerly awaiting your reply. [/sarcasm]

its Trump same old bullshit... if its a ruling not in favor of his unabashed lawless behavior and that of his associates then its a "witch hunt", a "hoax", "everyone is corrupt except me" (or more accurately, "i'm corrupt too but only because i have to be to confront the complete corruption of my enemies"). that works for 3 of 10 people our there.

Ummmm, this is just your idiotic bullshit.

The entire Russian collusion farcevestigation was lawless, a witch hunt, a hoax, and there was plenty of actual, serious corruption revealed in the IG report. If Trump had sent a bogus dossier to the FBI on Biden and there were 17 serious errors and omissions you'd have your impeachment unanimously. 

You're like a petulant child, just refusing to acknowledge basic facts.

12 hours ago, Shady said:

You didn't answer the question.  Why can't a jury be criticized?  

I don't know, in a normal case nothing I suppose. In this one however there must be a good reason for even as dodgy an AG as Barr to tell the boss to keep his stupid mouth shut.

Edited by eyeball

On 2/10/2020 at 9:56 PM, OftenWrong said:

Im not aware of any generals coming out and saying they like president Trump. I guess they feel like they’re running out of work.

Well I mean let's be real here , I wouldn't consider trump a great leader by any stretch of the imagination. He's just what is required to drain the swamp. And doing a fine job at that.

Edited by paxamericana

1 hour ago, paxamericana said:

Well I mean let's be real here , I wouldn't consider trump a great leader by any stretch of the imagination. He's just what is required to drain the swamp. And doing a fine job at that.

Leadership is a style which Donald Trump does not have. But another part of leadership is vision, and he hath that. Under his leadership the USA's power and standing in the world has certainly increased. So if we measure leadership by these results, everything's alright Jack.

9 hours ago, eyeball said:

I don't know, in a normal case nothing I suppose. In this one however there must be a good reason for even as dodgy an AG as Barr to tell the boss to keep his stupid mouth shut.

Nonsense.  Even people very critical of Trump, like former judge Andrew Napolitano acknowledge the fact that a sentence of 9 years for Roger Stone is absurd.  And that’s someone that argued Trump should be impeached and removed from office.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/482932-foxs-napolitano-roger-stone-absolutely-entitled-to-new-trial-after-jurors

17 hours ago, godzilla said:

Stones defense had every opportunity to reject jurors. they are also able to appeal for a retrial on any juror basis. are they? not that i know of.

They definitely will appeal for a retrial.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/482932-foxs-napolitano-roger-stone-absolutely-entitled-to-new-trial-after-jurors

6 minutes ago, Shady said:

Nonsense.  Even people very critical of Trump, like former judge Andrew Napolitano acknowledge the fact that a sentence of 9 years is absurd.

So what? In any case I'm quite certain you'd feel differently if Trump was a Democrat and I'd be in complete agreement with you.

I wonder how many horses have lost their heads during Trump's reign?

6 hours ago, paxamericana said:

Let's get real... :lol:

"Neither Beltway party is going to drain this swamp: it's a protected wetland; they breed in it, they spawn in it"

Pat Buchanan

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

So what? In any case I'm quite certain you'd feel differently if Trump was a Democrat and I'd be in complete agreement with you.

I wonder how many horses have lost their heads during Trump's reign?

So what?  The sentence is ridiculous.  The jury was not impartial.  Justice wasn’t served.  But that’s ok with you because orange man bad.  More Trump Derangement Syndrome rears it’s ugly head.  Sad.