America under President Trump

5 hours ago, -TSS- said:

There has been lately these completely opposite-news of New abortion-laws in different states. This week there was news that Alabama practically bans abortion when as earlier this year New York state passed a law allowing a very late-term abortion. 

What stops people from travelling for tight abortion-law states to easier abortion-law states? Is it something about not covered by insurance and therefore costing a fortune? If not that then what? 

I wonder do the white conservative males who push for the tight abortion-laws think that there is not enough black crime in America. 

In the Alabama case, if a woman goes to another state or country and has an abortion, she is still subject to the state law on return. How they would know, I don't know. Don't wonder though why Repugnicans (conservatives) hate women though, just read the bible and you'll see why.

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I'll be right here...waiting for more Canadian dollars to pour into Trump's booming economy.

Won't be getting any of mine. I no longer buy anything made or grown in the US. Have cancelled a trip down the Oregon coast and will not set foot in the US as long as that racist, woman abusing Mango Mutt is polluting the WH.  

2 hours ago, Realitycheck said:

This doesn't address my query.

Really? You challenged my earlier post which stated:

Companies weren't threatening, they were leaving under Obama. He said there was no way to stop it. Trump did a good job of reducing it.

Here's what the author from The Economist said in the article about manufacturing jobs in the US, which directly addresses the topic of manufacturing jobs leaving the USA. (FYI the US has 300 million people and thousands of companies in the manufacturing sector. What one or two individual companies do is insignificant - ie a meaningless sample size. Trump is in charge of the economy, not just a few companies). 

In 2018 it looks as though the president is winning the day. Industrial output is on a tear, and the last few months have seen the best run for growth in manufacturing jobs since the late 1990s. After spending about two decades on a steady march downwards, manufacturing’s share of the labour market appears to have all but stopped falling. 

Your query has been sufficiently answered RC. From a left-leaning magazine no less.

You went on to say:

Meanwhile, jobs in coal mining and the rust belt are declining.

See the chart about the number of people working towards a pension in the coal industry? The sharp decline from 2012 to 2016? See the flatline after 2016? Obama was actively working to shut down those jobs. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/04/04/president-trump-has-yet-save-struggling-coal-industry-numbers-show/479587002/

Even in the USA today, where they try to spin the story against Trump, you'll see the one line that says that jobs are slightly up under Trump. That's the most important line in the whole article yet they still try to spin the whole thing in another direction.

Farmers are going bankrupt thanks to Chumpernomics.

1) grow up

2) There have always been farmers in one area of one state, or a certain type of crop, etc, that has a really tough go. For literally every year that I can remember, farmers have had "too much rain, not enough rain, their competition is getting too many subsidies, spring came too late, fall came too early, too many grasshoppers, etc, etc". Our own Canola farmers are over a barrel right now. Dairy farmers everywhere outside of Quebec are second-class citizens. That's farming. No money, no love, no respect. and all they do is make food so that we don't all die. Are they all suckers? Doesn't seem right.

Anyhow, you're using a tiny sample size from one part of a single sector of the economy to try and paint a picture for the whole economy in general. That's like me saying that Dentists in Simcoe Ontario are unhappy about their wages and that means that the entire Canadian economy is a bust. 

If you don't know that you're being disingenuous then you're seriously not smart.

Coal.jpg

5 minutes ago, Realitycheck said:

Won't be getting any of mine. I no longer buy anything made or grown in the US. Have cancelled a trip down the Oregon coast and will not set foot in the US as long as that racist, woman abusing Mango Mutt is polluting the WH.  

Good...that means more room for the many other Canadians who gladly cross the border each day, on top of the winter snowbirds who flee Canada each year.

Border crossings going south have increased with Trump.

**************************************************************************************

Why Canadians talk about boycotting the U.S. but are actually travelling there more

**************************************************************************************

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Good...that means more room for the many other Canadians who gladly cross the border each day, on top of the winter snowbirds who flee Canada each year.

Why Canadians talk about boycotting the U.S. but are actually travelling there more

Most of the folks I know feel the same as I do. So we go to Mexico and spend our money there. Nicer people, nicer weather, no Chump.

7 hours ago, Realitycheck said:

No one cares, your views are not the views of most Canadians, whether you give America any money or not is irrelevant, plenty of others will.

Most of the folks I know feel the same as I do. So we go to Mexico and spend our money there. Nicer people, nicer weather, no Chump.

Echo chamber effect, y'all are a vocal fringe minority with no actual power, your anecdotal evidence is not indicative of the wider trend.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Upon what do you make that conclusion aside from wishful thinking and profound ignorance? 

I base that upon Canadians not boycotting US products in large numbers, just because you and those in your bubble are doing so. If they were it would be a huge news story, yet it isn't, lots of Canadians still buying US products with Trump in office. 

The wishful thinking and profound ignorance is all on your side, you're projecting.

Edited by Yzermandius19

18 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4396938/move-to-canada-donald-trump/

And more Americans have MOVED to Canada under Trump than any POTUS before.

• Like 1

So Trump is doing what he can to get the USA into another war. This time with Iran and with the heavy encouragement from Saudi Arabia.  Sure Russia is bad for meddling in elections, but that has nothing on Saudi Arabia bringing the USA into yet another war .   OH NO THE IRANIANS ARE IN THE PERSIAN GUFL.  Because that is where the nation of Iran is physically located. People seem to forget that. The USA loves to antagonize Iran boats into action so the US has a reason to light them up.

If Iran goes down, you are really going to the the rest of the M.E. fall apart and fast, much worse than we've seen over the past 20-30 years.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If military force was good enough for President Jimmy "Man of Peace" Carter, then it is plenty good enough for President Trump:

The Carter Doctrine was a policy proclaimed by President of the United States Jimmy Carter in his State of the Union Address on January 23, 1980, which stated that the United States would use military force, if necessary, to defend its national interests in the Persian Gulf.

Trump Doctrine:

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, GostHacked said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4396938/move-to-canada-donald-trump/

And more Americans have MOVED to Canada under Trump than any POTUS before.

To tell you the turth, I am very disappointed in the Dem after I read that. Man, only ~2000 more americans than normal have moved to Canada since orange's election. Did you know how many asylum seekers since the Trudeau Liberals were elected?:rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So when Mueller says, in his own actual spoken words, that he wasn't allowed to charge Trump with anything and that if he believed Trump didn't commit any crimes he'd have said so in the report (which he didn't) the Trump Echo chamber can just repeat "NO COLLUSION! NO OBSTRUCTION!" And that's fine? 

Jeez. 

I think Impeachment proceedings have to proceed, not because it may actually lead to removing him from office. It has to proceed so voters that don't believe every lie coming from 45's Twitter account can see for themselves what him and his team actually did. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Boges said:

I think Impeachment proceedings have to proceed, not because it may actually lead to removing him from office. It has to proceed so voters that don't believe every lie coming from 45's Twitter account can see for themselves what him and his team actually did. 

It's not practical though, with unethical Republicans owning the Senate.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's not practical though, with unethical Republicans owning the Senate.

I think everyone is conceding that there's no chance Republican Senators will convict Trump. But they still have to have a trial. The house wants to have hearings about it too. The evidence will be heard. 

All very embarrassing stuff going into an election year. I'm pretty sure only the 30% base really believe Trump's "NO COLLUSION! NO OBSTRUCTION!" talking point.  

Edited by Boges

22 minutes ago, Boges said:

I think everyone is conceding that there's no chance Republican Senators will convict Trump. But they still have to have a trial. The house wants to have hearings about it too. The evidence will be heard. 

All very embarrassing stuff going into an election year. I'm pretty sure only the 30% base really believe Trump's "NO COLLUSION! NO OBSTRUCTION!" talking point.  

The fear seems to be that the other 70% of his base plus a bunch of other Republicans and even a few Democrats will be so pissed off at dragging the country through impeachment hearings they'll award Trump with a punishing victory.

It's surreal.  

On 5/16/2019 at 12:58 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Off topic.