America under President Trump

3 minutes ago, Owly said:

Still waiting for you to put some meat on the bone about what you praise about trump. Stop the baffle gab and make a point.

You won't give me any credit, and I've made all the points I feel like making at this juncture. If someone actually arguing good faith feels that I should elaborate on things that I think Trump deserves praise for, then I will respond. You don't deserve any further response than I have already given you, which is plenty already.

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

You won't give me any credit, and I've made all the points I feel like making at this juncture. If someone actually arguing good faith feels that I should elaborate on things that I think Trump deserves praise for, then I will respond. You don't deserve any further response than I have already given you, which is plenty already.

Yet again no substance. I can understand your difficulty though.I guess giving his daughter and son in law security clearances even though they weren't/aren't qualified where nice gestures though. Maybe work with that one.

12 hours ago, Owly said:

What's actually illegal is what Trump, and apparently you would like to do. Thankfully more intelligent heads prevailed.

It's not really illegal unless it's done for political reasons. I want to do it for humanitarian reasons! I want to unite all these millions of impoverished migrants with the eager and warm-hearted souls of sanctuary cities where they will have the best opportunities to thrive!

Edited by Argus

54 minutes ago, Argus said:

It's not really illegal unless it's done for political reasons. I want to do it for humanitarian reasons! I want to unite all these millions of impoverished migrants with the eager and warm-hearted souls of sanctuary cities where they will have the best opportunities to thrive!

It makes sense.  The problem is the left doesn't care about the suffering immigrants.  They only care about how bad those suffering immigrants make Trump look.  If they suddenly stop suffering, the left won't like that at all!

Mayors of these cities have said they are okay with it.  They've said they would welcome them.

I just can't see a downside. 

9 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

It makes sense.  The problem is the left doesn't care about the suffering immigrants.  They only care about how bad those suffering immigrants make Trump look.  If they suddenly stop suffering, the left won't like that at all!

Mayors of these cities have said they are okay with it.  They've said they would welcome them.

And surely they'll vote Democrat...

2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Trump has already made himself look bad through various means, but what makes him look so bad in this instance is he is trying to use people, illegally, as pawns to somehow take a swipe at hIs political opponents, especially those who have much higher ratings than him, such as Pelosi. But again the right can't seem to figure that out.

9 minutes ago, Owly said:

Trump has already made himself look bad through various means, but what makes him look so bad in this instance is he is trying to use people, illegally, as pawns to somehow take a swipe at hIs political opponents, especially those who have much higher ratings than him, such as Pelosi. But again the right can't seem to figure that out.

Well, I wouldn't know about the right, of course.  They're as bad as the left as far as I'm concerned.

But that said, nobody needs any help making Trump look bad.  He does that all by himself.  Surely only good can come about for the immigrants if they are taken to sanctuary cities where they have been told they will be welcome.

8 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Well, I wouldn't know about the right, of course.  They're as bad as the left as far as I'm concerned.

But that said, nobody needs any help making Trump look bad.  He does that all by himself.  Surely only good can come about for the immigrants if they are taken to sanctuary cities where they have been told they will be welcome.

Helping immigrants to find the appropriate place for them to settle should be based on things such as what skills they have and were those skills are in demand, not some cheap shot political stunt such as Trump tried to suggest.

1 minute ago, Owly said:

Helping immigrants to find the appropriate place for them to settle should be based on things such as what skills they have and were those skills are in demand, not some cheap shot political stunt such as Trump tried to suggest.

The Mayors and the City Managers can do that.  Big cities.  Lots of different skills required.  The main thing is, they would be welcome!

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

Oh, I never would.  Like I said earlier, I'm surprised he came up with it.

I'm not, it's just the type of underhanded low level cheap trick he's known for. Luckily people such as those at ICE headed that off at the pass.

14 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

He didn't seriously suggest it, he wanted to get "shut down" by the radical left arguing against letting illegal immigrants into sanctuary cities just because he pretended to be for it, and they fell for it. Mission Accomplished, radical lefties are easy to trigger, who knew?

He not only seriously suggested it, he is confirming he did so today. Must be tough when your idol yanks the rug from under you eh.

7 minutes ago, Owly said:

He not only seriously suggested it, he is confirming he did so today. Must be tough when your idol yanks the rug from under you eh.

It's called A-B testing, throw out an idea, wait for the reaction, adjust accordingly.

He's just trolling, funny how you believe Trump only when he says something that you think it makes him look bad, but if Trump says something that makes him look good, you assume it's a lie. This is why focusing on politicians words, instead of actions, is such a bad idea.

Edited by Yzermandius19

48 minutes ago, Owly said:

Well that's fairly easily resolved. They have no skills, and no English. 

4 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

It's called A-B testing, throw out an idea, wait for the reaction, adjust accordingly.

He's just trolling, funny how you believe Trump only when he says something that you think it makes him look bad, but if Trump says something that makes him look good, you assume it's a lie. This is why focusing on politicians words, instead of actions, is such a bad idea.

I await him to say something that makes him look good.

3 minutes ago, Owly said:

I await him to say something that makes him look good.

There is plenty of that, you just are so anti-Trump that you can't tell, you always assume everything makes him look bad.

Funny how you trust the word of someone who you think is this next level liar, very strange indeed. Why do you trust the words of any politician, let alone Trump?

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

There is plenty of that, you just are so anti-Trump that you can't tell, you always assume everything makes him look bad.

Funny how you trust the word of someone who you think is this next level liar, very strange indeed. Why do you trust the words of any politician, let alone Trump?

Trumps lies are so easily detectable they are hard to miss. He's not really a very smart liar.

8 minutes ago, Argus said:

Well that's fairly easily resolved. They have no skills, and no English. 

So you're up for just throwing them in a bus and dumping them downtown. Probably a tad smarter to grant them the hearing the law demands and then you can deport them if they don't meet the requirements. Most of them are.

22 minutes ago, Owly said:

Trumps lies are so easily detectable they are hard to miss. He's not really a very smart liar.

Trump is a great liar. Like a used car salesman, you know he's lying, but that doesn't stop him from selling, whether it's only the rubes who are buying or not is besides the point, there are plenty of rubes to fleece.

He tells so many different lies, that he often gets away with it, like Garak.

Edited by Yzermandius19

28 minutes ago, Owly said:

So you're up for just throwing them in a bus and dumping them downtown. Probably a tad smarter to grant them the hearing the law demands and then you can deport them if they don't meet the requirements. Most of them are.

You do realize that dumping them somewhere is what's done now, right? What do you imagine happens to a hundred thousand people a month? That they're all given special language lessons and then enrolled in skills training courses? 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Argus said:

You do realize that dumping them somewhere is what's done now, right? What do you imagine happens to a hundred thousand people a month? That they're all given special language lessons and then enrolled in skills training courses? 

You do realize that what Trump is suggesting is illegal, or do you? What does actually happen is they are given a hearing under law and most are deported.

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

Democrats only don't want illegal immigrants coming to sanctuary cities when Trump claims that's what he wants, if a Democrat had suggested this plan, they'd be all for it.

Trump could say the sky was blue, and Democrats would claim it isn't. They have no sense of how to pick their battles, just obstruct for obstructions sake.

Edited by Yzermandius19

11 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Democrats only don't want illegal immigrants coming to sanctuary cities when Trump claims that's what he wants, if a Democrat had suggested this plan, they'd be all for it.

Trump could say the sky was blue, and Democrats would claim it isn't. They have no sense of how to pick their battles, just obstruct for obstructions sake.

Doesn't matter who would suggest it, it would still be illegal. Democrats would be more likely to be knowledgeable enough to know that.

19 minutes ago, Owly said:

Doesn't matter who would suggest it, it would still be illegal. Democrats would be more likely to be knowledgeable enough to know that.

When Democrats do it, it's not illegal, it's the humanitarian thing to do. When Trump suggests it, he hates immigrants and it's ILLEGAL!

Obvious double standard is obvious, so which is it Demohacks? Make up your mind already.

Edited by Yzermandius19