America under President Trump

1 minute ago, Boges said:

From 2008, Not apples to apples.

image.png

Of course..."voter fraud" only matters when it may benefit Trump/GOP.    Got it....

Yes but "Kicking Ass" is a bit to much Hyperbole for receiving less votes than Mitt Romney.

In American political history, it will very much go down as "kicking ass"....a very unexpected change in GOP and national politics.

Just because? That's just the way things are? or because the President is immensely unpopular. 

So this is how things will go? Just pivoting to impeachment? It's not like it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Trump was polling the same as Obama before the mid-term elections....was Obama also "immensely unpopular" ?

Things will go just as they always have....nothing special about Trump in that regard.    He is just another American president.

It's the us vs them thing that makes Trump an awful President. He can only campaign, when he's in full control of government, like he has been in the last 2 years, he still needed an enemy. The Dems didn't prevent the Wall being built, Trump didn't get it built because he can't govern. 

Get real...Trump has already cemented his impact on the U.S. for decades, if only because of supreme court nominations.   Biggly changes on trade too.

Trump won...Trump is the president...and all the losers can do now is bitch about it.

Meanwhile, back at the Trump ranch...

The US unemployment rate was unchanged at a 49-year low of 3.7 percent in November 2018, in line with market expectations. The number of unemployed decreased by 100 thousand to 5.98 million and employment rose by 233 thousand to 156.80 million. Unemployment Rate in the United States averaged 5.77 percent from 1948 until 2018, reaching an all time high of 10.80 percent in November of 1982 and a record low of 2.50 percent in May of 1953.

united-states-unemployment-rate@2x.png?s

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/unemployment-rate

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Meanwhile, back at the Trump ranch...

united-states-unemployment-rate@2x.png?s

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/unemployment-rate

I will try to get back to you in a couple of months and let you know as to how well Trudeau is doing on the unemployment front here in Canada. It should be pretty hard for the kid though to try and solve the unemployment problem here in Canada when the kid keeps bringing in hundreds of thousands of new immigrants every year where I guess he is hoping that all those new immigrants will help bring down the unemployment rate. Personally, I think that the unemployment will go even higher thanks to all of those new immigrants being brought into Canada. But as so many have said here more immigrants will be great for Canada's unemployed. I don't think that I want to be thinking about holding my breath on this one. Although I am pretty sure that some here would wish that I would hold my breath for quite awhile. :lol: 

Edited by taxme

Hey look! When Trump wasn't in office, Good Job numbers were fake news. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/09/16/trumps-absurb-claim-that-92-million-americans-represent-a-nation-of-jobless-americans/?utm_term=.7adda2e29aee

“Right now, 92 million Americans are on the sideline outside of the workforce, and they’re not a part of our economy. It’s a silent nation of jobless Americans.”

— Donald Trump, speech to the Economic Club of New York, Sept. 15, 2016

Trump is grabbing onto a GOP talking point that first emerged in 2014 when the official unemployment rate starting falling below 7 percent. (It is now 4.9 percent.) Republicans started citing a decline in the labor participation rate, which has occurred largely because the baby boom generation has begun to retire.

But here, Trump expresses the rate as a raw number (“92 million Americans”) and then amps up the rhetoric by referring to a “nation of jobless Americans.” But this is rhetorical poppycock, as we will demonstrate.

I suppose now that Trump is tanking the Stock Market, those numbers will be fake news now as well. 

Edited by Boges

With respect Bush-Chaney, you are comparing two individuals with stained panties, one from urine the other from doo doo. They both stink.

Whether you need a proctologist or urologist to cure what ails....either way someone has to poke something up their asses.

Don't look at me. Its also too late for penicillin... it's already spread to their brains and is too late too cure.

8 minutes ago, Rue said:

With respect Bush-Chaney, you are comparing two individuals with stained panties, one from urine the other from doo doo. They both stink.

Doesn't matter...Trump will always matter more than Trudeau regardless of the stock market or soiled panties.

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Doesn't matter...Trump will always matter more than Trudeau regardless of the stock market or soiled panties.

Trump has more power at his disposal than Trudeau.  He can make more of a difference for good or ill in the world.  He is squandering opportunities and is less admirable than Trudeau.  I'm not a Trudeau admirer.  Trump will not be remembered fondly.

7 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Trump has more power at his disposal than Trudeau.  He can make more of a difference for good or ill in the world.  He is squandering opportunities and is less admirable than Trudeau.  I'm not a Trudeau admirer.  Trump will not be remembered fondly.

Agreed...Trump matters more than Trudeau.   Power is more important than admiration in this game.

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Not really.  A prime minister with a large majority is like a king.  No pesky house and senate to deal with, no filibusters, no 60 vote margins needed to pass legislation.

30 minutes ago, Truth Detector said:

Not really.  A prime minister with a large majority is like a king.  No pesky house and senate to deal with, no filibusters, no 60 vote margins needed to pass legislation.

Technically a PM can be replaced by caucus without an election. That's pretty much what happened when Martin took over from Chretien.

I'm not sure why Trump is being compared to Trudeau.  An American president should only be compared to other American presidents and so far Trump ranks pretty far down the list in terms of achievements.  Unless you count his Supreme Court appointees he has really only scored one major victory and that is lowering taxes; a victory that will almost certainly result in an out of control national debt if it is not corrected. 

20 minutes ago, Iznogoud said:

I'm not sure why Trump is being compared to Trudeau. 

Trump is being compared to Trudeau because both are contemporary political leaders of their respective governments and influence domestic/foreign policy.   Trump (and American politics in general) are often invoked here as a reference for Canadian topics and context, as is often the case in Canadian media. 

28 minutes ago, Iznogoud said:

... that will almost certainly result in an out of control national debt if it is not corrected. 

http://www.debtclock.ca/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAgMPgBRDDARIsAOh3uyKMl-FbqVb47LbiyGrG_ijfg34b1vsENFPmKX0zR81mS-CtuAK-Xz0aAveZEALw_wcB

Canadian Federal Debt according to this site is $665B

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_debt_of_the_United_States

American Federal Debt according to this site is $21.6T

At about 10X the population, the US has 32X the debt, according to these sites.