America under President Trump

1 minute ago, paxrom said:

I would say trump is re establishing our credibility in the world stage. Take russia and syria for instance. We said no more chemical weapons and we mean it. And if you try to send a mercenary force to attack us you will be obliterated. The meek obama days are over. We will back our diplomats with force if necessary. So take the carrot not the stick. We are re asserting our selves in the world stage. As for the domestic theater feel free to call us out on it. If we don't like it we will replace him with someone else to our liking next term. 

100% agree....Trump represents voter backlash against Obama and Washington.

Americans will decide such things, not critics in Canada.

Just now, GostHacked said:

It would be nice to have a GOOD president for once.

Good is a relative term. What is good for one group might not be for other. As a leader the road to popularity is a road to failure. You have to take a position and go with your guts. Win people's affection by your steadfastness to your values.

2 minutes ago, paxrom said:

I would say trump is re establishing our credibility in the world stage. Take russia and syria for instance. We said no more chemical weapons and we mean it. And if you try to send a mercenary force to attack us you will be obliterated. The meek obama days are over. We will back our diplomats with force if necessary. So take the carrot not the stick. We are re asserting our selves in the world stage. As for the domestic theater feel free to call us out on it. If we don't like it we will replace him with someone else to our liking next term. 

Trump did nothing in Syria but phone and warn Russia and assad.  An empty Runway and a few warehouses.

Trump also had nothing to do with the mercenaries. He didn't even know about it until after it was over.  

The us military was in constant contact with Russian through the whole thing.. 

Trump promised the wouldn't  telegraph his actions and tell the enemy what he was doing...another  lie. another confab form an conman..

1 minute ago, Jimwd said:

Trump did nothing in Syria but phone and warn Russia and assad.  An empty Runway and a few warehouses.

Trump also had nothing to do with the mercenaries. He didn't even know about it until after it was over.  

The us military was in constant contact with Russian through the whole thing.. 

Trump promised the wouldn't  telegraph his actions and tell the enemy what he was doing...another  lie. another confab form an conman..

You mean to tell me a military action that would potentially set off world war 3 has no input from trump? The fact that saber rattling unsettles you because you are not aware of the nature of diplomatic negotiation tells me you are not well verse enough on this topic to have meaningful input. 

You mean to tell me a military action that would potentially set off world war 3 has no input from trump? The fact that saber rattling unsettles you because you are not aware of the nature of diplomatic negotiation tells me you are not well verse enough on this topic to have meaningful input. 

I know a con job when i see it. When you phone the enemy so they can move before you drop a bomb. Pretty much says whats going on.

4 minutes ago, Jimwd said:

I know a con job when i see it. When you phone the enemy so they can move before you drop a bomb. Pretty much says whats going on.

That was done out of respect to the russian who have advisers on those bases we bombed. The second time we launched our missiles they were only informed that we would not target them. We used the deconflicting line to make sure there are no russians in areas we intend to use. 

That was done out of respect to the russian who have advisers on those bases we bombed. The second time we launched our missiles they were only informed that we would not target them. We used the deconflicting line to make sure there are no russians in areas we intend to use. 

You did nothing...In fact there are reports out now Syria is using chemicals again..... 

Even Trumps medical report was a con job...Trump paid 25 million for fraud at his conman college for a reason.m He's a cheap conman..

I would not say we did nothing. Assad is not readily using chemical overtly as he once did.  As for trump character. I agree, some of his business practices should be questioned and they have... with the proud american tradition we call lawsuits and settlement. 

I would not say we did nothing. Assad is not readily using chemical overtly as he once did.  As for trump character. I agree, some of his business practices should be questioned and they have... with the proud american tradition we call lawsuits and settlement. 

"Assad is not readily using chemical overtly as he once did."

Code for Trump's actions really didn't work but we don't care.....

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Of course Trump did...Trudeau is impotent on such matters...much better at ethnic costumes.

Trump's America  where a n korean dictator is honourable and foot ball players peacefully protesting are sons of bitches /.

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

That's right...it is Trump's America for now....nothing Canada can do about it...except watch even more America television.

Stay tuned......Not only will Trump go down with his corruption ,it will be the end of the republican party.. The long game is always the best game.

Just now, Jimwd said:

Stay tuned......Not only will Trump go down with his corruption ,it will be the end of the republican party.. The long game is always the best game.

Sure....that will happen any day now.

Obama lost over 1,000 federal and state offices for the Democrats....Trump can't do worse than that.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Sure....that will happen any day now.

Obama lost over 1,000 federal and state offices for the Democrats....Trump can't do worse than that.

Thought id be a friend and help you out with your buddy Godwin... Regarding TRump's fine people... chuckle 

Mike Godwin, creator of Godwin's law, has rescinded his own rule for those outraged by vile fascists marching the streets of Virginia, USA, at the weekend.

In other words, it's OK to call these un-American white supremacists exactly what they are: "By all means, compare these shitheads to Nazis. Again and again. I'm with you," Godwin said on Sunday evening.

Trump's divisive politics should be questioned and he will be . To the american voters. If we find what he says and does are completely out of tune with our values we will get rid of him but if we find some truth to his madness maybe we'll let him explain him self in the next campaign debate. Either way he's part of us and he's here to stay so long as we see fit. So feel free to voice your opinion about it. But you know it is much more complicated than voting one person into office , because when you cast that ballot you are in effect appointing all the other members of his cabinet and they are good people too. To criticize the president and blanket his fault across the whole department would be an injustice and disservice to those civil servent who serves the greater good. 

America's greatest threat: “The lack of political unity in America. The lack of a fundamental friendliness. It seems like an awful lot of people in America and around the world feel spiritually and personally alienated, whether it be from organized religion or from local community school districts or from their governments.“I come out of the tight-knit Marine Corps, but I’ve lived on college campuses for three and a half years,” he went on. “Go back to Ben Franklin—his descriptions about how the Iroquois Nations lived and worked together. Compare that to America today. I think that, when you look at veterans coming out of the wars, they’re more and more just slapped in the face by that isolation, and they’re used to something better. They think it’s P.T.S.D.—which it can be—but it’s really about alienation. If you lose any sense of being part of something bigger, then why should you care about your fellow-man?” -James Mattis Sec. Defense

3 minutes ago, paxrom said:

Trump's divisive politics should be questioned and he will be . To the american voters. If we find what he says and does are completely out of tune with our values we will get rid of him but if we find some truth to his madness maybe we'll let him explain him self in the next campaign debate. Either way he's part of us and he's here to stay so long as we see fit. So feel free to voice your opinion about it. But you know it is much more complicated than voting one person into office , because when you cast that ballot you are in effect appointing all the other members of his cabinet and they are good people too. To criticize the president and blanket his fault across the whole department would be an injustice and disservice to those civil servent who serves the greater good. 

Nothing good comes from electing a fascist. If you want to know the future, learn the past.

4 minutes ago, paxrom said:

America's greatest threat: “The lack of political unity in America. The lack of a fundamental friendliness. It seems like an awful lot of people in America and around the world feel spiritually and personally alienated, whether it be from organized religion or from local community school districts or from their governments.“I come out of the tight-knit Marine Corps, but I’ve lived on college campuses for three and a half years,” he went on. “Go back to Ben Franklin—his descriptions about how the Iroquois Nations lived and worked together. Compare that to America today. I think that, when you look at veterans coming out of the wars, they’re more and more just slapped in the face by that isolation, and they’re used to something better. They think it’s P.T.S.D.—which it can be—but it’s really about alienation. If you lose any sense of being part of something bigger, then why should you care about your fellow-man?” -James Mattis Sec. Defense

Excellent post .I agree. Which is precisely why it was so dangerous to elect a demagogue.who insulted his way to the Presidency.