America under President Trump

1 minute ago, Kerfuffle said:

Yes....deplorable...

I agree. The use of Agent Orange in Viet-Nam was a crime against nature.

However, there were mitigating factors like the NVA invading South Viet-Nam from the Trail. The North had started the war and by the time Agent Orange was employed in large amounts, the situation was very serious.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, taxme said:

There are probably millions of wannabee legal immigrants that would like to immigrate to America and take those jobs that you say would be lost by getting rid of those criminal illegals. Even here in Canada, which you appear to not give much of a crap about, are also waiting to immigrate to Canada legally where they could fill the jobs that the now illegals will no doubt take. You really need to get your priorities right. 

People don't immigrate to America or Canada to work as farm hands. They come for a better life, a more secure life, a more comfortable life. And anyway, you don't want immigrants, legal or otherwise. The fact remains America's vast agricultural industry would be destroyed without all those illegals. At the very least they'd need to expand the system which allows in temporary workers to do agricultural work, as we do. As for the housing industry, hey, US houses are already going up because of the protectionist taxes on Canadian wood. Booting out all the cheap labor would make them rise that much more and put them more out of reach for ordinary people.

There's a good Vice piece about Alabama and their attempt to ban illegal immigrants. They'd even charge people who knew of undocumented immigrants. It worked. But they couldn't find ANYONE!!! to do medial work that illegals are willing to do. They couldn't even get prisoners to do that work. 

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/kwxkdn/watch-our-hbo-episode-about-alabamas-harsh-anti-immigration-laws

Edited by Boges

4 minutes ago, Boges said:

And you'd have to pay $20 for a pound of Strawberries. 

Nevertheless, the US DOES need to get control of its southern border. I'm not opposed to Trump's desire there. Then they need a path to citizenship for those in the US and temp permits for agricultural workers.

5 minutes ago, Argus said:

Nevertheless, the US DOES need to get control of its southern border. I'm not opposed to Trump's desire there. Then they need a path to citizenship for those in the US and temp permits for agricultural workers.

A wall seems like the most inefficient and expensive was to accomplish that. Is the wall going to block to US off from the Rio Grande? 

Trump said he would sign any DACA legislation he's given. 

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/09/politics/donald-trump-immigration-contradictions/index.html

At the end of the session, Trump suggested that ultimately, he would sign whatever he was presented with.

"I think my positions are going to be what the people in this room come up with," Trump said. "If they come to me with things I'm not in love with, I'm going to do it. Because I respect them."

On 1/8/2018 at 5:11 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Now this is very cool....President Trump has made an appearance at the NCAA football championship tonight for the national anthem.

Brilliant !

trump%20uga.jpg

Apparently, the liberal media was at it again saying that Trump looked like he could not remember some words to the anthem. These liberal morons never quit, do they? 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, taxme said:

Apparently, the liberal media was at it again saying that Trump looked like he could not remember some words to the anthem. These liberal morons never quit, do they? 

That's OK...every day that Trump is president means another day that Hillary Clinton is not.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Boges said:

All this drama about the National Anthem at Football games and he doesn't even know the words. 

:lol:

http://www.totalprosports.com/2018/01/08/looks-like-donald-trump-didnt-know-the-words-to-the-national-anthem-before-the-title-game-video/

Only the left wing liberal loonies out there would look for some thing like that to report on to try and make Trump once again look bad. Those liberal fools never quit and it seems that you cannot quit either. It's no wonder Canada is in trouble with people like you around. 

12 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

That's OK...every day that Trump is president means another day that Hillary Clinton is not.

Every day that goes by where she still roams around a free criminal is a sad day for America. Thank gawd Trump is President, and not her. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, taxme said:

Only the left wing liberal loonies out there would look for some thing like that to report on to try and make Trump once again look bad. Those liberal fools never quit and it seems that you cannot quit either. It's no wonder Canada is in trouble with people like you around. 

Or sports fans that watched it. A stable genius would know the words. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

More about nothing. If you had seen it live as I did you'd know, there was a ton of "echo" on the field.

So the echo caused him to stop several times. The Star Spangled Banner doesn't have huge pauses does it? 

It's not a big issue. But it is funny. Such an everyman doesn't know the National Anthem.

1 minute ago, Boges said:

So the echo caused him to stop several times. The Star Spangled Banner doesn't have huge pauses does it? 

It's not a big issue. But it is funny. Such an everyman doesn't know the National Anthem.

Imagine hearing it full volume with multiple echoes. Now sing along... where are you?

Be reasonable, the anthem is quite simple and well known. You fell for the media hyperbole again! There must be something better to discuss than this?