America under President Trump

I'm sure that many of those antifas are secretly happy that Trump is the President because now they have for four years a perfect excuse to carry out their favourite-hobby which is to beat the shit out of people they don't like and damage their property.

Under Hillary as President they would have had a harder time to justify their love for violence.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wilber said:

Anyone watch The Mooch on Colbert last night?  Good interview, the guy is definitely not a fan of Bannon.

Late Night Talk Shows died when Ferguson was denied Dave's chair in favour of Colbert. Only Conan remains of the old guard and his show has just gotten lame since not being 'allowed' his old gags.

16 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Late Night Talk Shows died when Ferguson was denied Dave's chair in favour of Colbert. Only Conan remains of the old guard and his show has just gotten lame since not being 'allowed' his old gags.

At the time I felt the same way about Ferguson but have always enjoyed Colbert.

On 8/15/2017 at 3:19 PM, LonJowett said:

They are planning to test launch four missiles near Guam. How is that backing down? 

:rolleyes:

Keep abreast.  Things are happening fast.

North Korea backs away from plan to launch missiles toward Guam

August 15, 2017,

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/north-korea-backs-away-from-plan-to-launch-missiles/

Unless this too, is another fake news, from the CBC?

On 8/15/2017 at 2:17 PM, Wilber said:

At the time I felt the same way about Ferguson but have always enjoyed Colbert.

I have been enjoying Colbert since  well before the election, but I have to admit, lately he's starting to seem... obsessed, and some of his routine is more bitter and shrill than funny.

1 hour ago, Argus said:

I have been enjoying Colbert since  well before the election, but I have to admit, lately he's starting to seem... obsessed, and some of his routine is more bitter and shrill than funny.

I don't watch him much, but it plays on the lunch room TV at work often enough, and yes Colbert does seem obsessed and has lost the comedy. It's kind of painful to watch.

It seems there is no bar too low for Trump when he wants to try and pivot away from the problems he creates for himself, and/or to carry on with his bigotry.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/trump-dangerous-lie-john-pershing-article-1.3420689

"The average person probably has no idea what Trump is talking about. But this is a reference to a historical myth that he repeated constantly on the campaign trail in spite of valiant efforts by historians and journalists to correct him. He is referring to efforts by Gen. John Pershing, later commander of U.S. forces in France during World War I, to suppress a Muslim revolt in the Philippines in the early years of the 20th century, at a time when that country was an American colony. This is the story as Trump told it last year:

“General Pershing was a rough guy, He caught 50 terrorists who did tremendous damage . . . and he took the 50 terrorists and he took 50 men and dipped 50 bullets in pig’s blood. You heard about that? He took 50 bullets and dipped them in pig’s blood. And he has his men load up their rifles and he lined up the 50 people and they shot 49 of those people. And the 50th person, he said, you go back to your people and you tell them what happened. And for 25 years there wasn’t a problem.”

Could Trump be more of a moron with how he handled responding to the murder in Charlottesville?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/heather-heyer-mother-susan-bro-donald-trump-not-talk-charlottesville-victim-funeral-phone-call-a7900086.html

“After what he said about my child… it’s not that I’ve seen someone else’s tweets about him, I saw an actual clip of him at a press conference equating the protesters, like Ms Heyer, with the KKK and the white supremacists.”

• Like 1