America under President Trump

3 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

Oh, I'll watch...and I'll enjoy every watching liberal squirm and twist and try to change the goalposts.  Today i watched many liberal pundits try to explain away all the big issues, all the media lies (that Comey called them out for) and turn to the minutia to claim some sort of victory.  Watching Van Jones and Jeffery Toobin come unglued was "must see TV"

I assumed you were a fan of Van Jones. Does that raspy voice of his come from trying to defend his indefensible positions all the time I wonder?

16 minutes ago, taxme said:

You are fast becoming a laughing stock. Just like those stupid dumbocrats who just don't know when to quit, and continue to make a laughing stock of themselves. And I already told you that Trump will be President for the next eight years. I think that Canada continues to make a laughing stock of itself thanks to that PM fool of ours. 

You make up endless phrases like "stupid dumbocrats" and then suggest I'm a laughing stock. Have a nice night.

The previous director of the FBI is now on the record testifying under oath that the president under whom he served is a "liar." When's the last time that occurred? Good going Mr. Trump. You have carved out a unique position for yourself. 

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Big deal...lying is not a crime unless done under oath...just ask President Bill Clinton.

All U.S. presidents lie...just being "presidential".

So, get Trump under oath them let Comey question him. 

May I also point out there have been people under oath and still lied... Clapper for one.  I don't remember any president  being attacked by the media as much as Trump and granted NOT being a politician, not knowing what he can and can't do doesn't help but a liar....not sure on that one.

7 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

So, I think he fired him over something else entirely...and have said so.  What of it?  Most people get fired for reasons that aren't the reason on record - I can live with that.

What I find really telling is that you people and the MSM have now stooped to arguing the minutiae.  Trump asked for loyalty, Trump lied about the firing, Trump still has bad hair...who gives a chit, Trump was not investigated, Trump has nothing to do with Russia, Trump wanted Comey to proceed with Russia investigation, Trump (according to Comey) never requested Comey drop the Flynn case.  Why don't we talk about that?  

Trump is the only president to have ever fired a FBI director. This has never happened before so you don't think the real reasons are important? What else are you willing to live with? The only leaders to have ever asked for personal loyalty from civil servants are dictators. Hitler was one who demanded an oath of personal loyalty. In democracies, civil servants serve the state, not the leader. According to Comey, Trump said he hoped he would let the Flynn case go. When a boss says he hopes you will do something, that isn't just an idle wish.

In view of Comey's testimony, it is reasonable to assume that Trump will be investigated but Mueller won't confirm that publicly any more than Comey would.

1 minute ago, Wilber said:

Trump is the only president to have ever fired a FBI director. This has never happened before so you don't think the real reasons are important? What else are you willing to live with? The only leaders to have ever asked for personal loyalty from civil servants are dictators. Hitler was one who demanded an oath of personal loyalty. In democracies, civil servants serve the state, not the leader. According to Comey, Trump said he hoped he would let the Flynn case go. When a boss says he hopes you will do something, that isn't just an idle wish.

In view of Comey's testimony, it is reasonable to assume that Trump will be investigated but Mueller won't confirm that publicly any more than Comey would.

Are you sure he said "personal loyalty"?  I know that's how MSNBC are framing it, but are you sure?

Anyway, Comey knew about the fake news reports, Comey knew that Trump wasn't being investigated.  Trump asked him to find a way to clear the air so Trump could get on with his job, and seemingly asked him a couple times, and Comey kept on saying he passed it off.  The last time Trump talked to him, Comey gave him a "we'll see" and admitted that he made no attempt to bother with it.  Trump obviously knew what "we'll see" meant and fired him.  Comey was too honourable to leak or put out word that Trump wasn't under investigation, but apparently just fine leaking private conversations with president.  Hmmm.  I think that's about it.

Comey put himself before the betterment of the country, should've been fired and was fired.

BTW - You're dreaming if you think they'll stick an obstruction or Impeachment on Trump based on Comey's testimony.  

Comey said Trump asked for loyalty. Comey would have already taken an oath of loyalty when he took the position of director, what do you think Trump was asking for? 

The investigation is still ongoing, no cop is going exempt someone from investigation before it is complete or keep any possible suspect informed on the progress of any investigation that could involve that person, then or in future.

I never did think Comey's testimony would result in impeachment on its own, it just pry's open the can of worms a bit farther. If you think Comey's testimony is the end of this, you are dreaming.

Edited by Wilber

If I say to someone, "I want your loyalty", personal is implied even if not explicitly stated.

When my boss says to me "I hope you'll be able to do this" I know he doesn't mean "but it's fine if you don't."

Are you saying Comey should have found a way to follow Trump's directive?  

You may be right that this will lead no where, but it makes it obvious that Trump has no compunction about using his considerable power and authority to influence the American justice system in his favor.  His supporters have two choices here: admitting Trump is corrupt or admitting he's an idiot who doesn't know what he's doing.

3 hours ago, Topaz said:

May I also point out there have been people under oath and still lied... Clapper for one.  I don't remember any president  being attacked by the media as much as Trump and granted NOT being a politician, not knowing what he can and can't do doesn't help but a liar....not sure on that one.

How can you be not sure of that? He lies about the most obvious damned things, like being first in his class at Wharton, like the size of his crowds, like seeing thousands of Muslims celebrating the 911 attack in New Jersey, like giving money to charity, like millions of illegal votes in the election, like the Russians not interfering in the election, lied about the murder rate, lied about people being shot and killed at Obama's fairwell speech.. He lies about many, many things which are easily verified as lies.

24 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Still no Queen Hillary? This is a travesty!

This is way more entertaining than if Clinton had won.   For one thing, it highlights the hypocrisy of Trump supporters who screamed bloody murder if Hillary blinked wrong, but Trump? He can grope women, give classified info to the Russians and try to influence an investigation - no problem.  The only defense they have at this point is "but Hillary..." - a presidential candidate who lost to the Republicans preferred immoral and corrupt non-politician/reality tv star.

5 minutes ago, dialamah said:

This is way more entertaining than if Clinton had won.   For one thing, it highlights the hypocrisy of Trump supporters who screamed bloody murder if Hillary blinked wrong, but Trump? He can grope women, give classified info to the Russians and try to influence an investigation - no problem.  The only defense they have at this point is "but Hillary..." - a presidential candidate who lost to the Republicans preferred immoral and corrupt non-politician/reality tv star.

Rumor has it...Trump once had a drink...of RUSSIAN VODKA!

Impeach!!!

27 minutes ago, dialamah said:

The Hillary and her party support the killing of unborn babies,  about nine million to date.  Trump opposes abortion.  Hillary /Obama wouldn't deport illegal aliens who committed criminals acts.   Wouldn't get serious about criminals and terrorists coming into the U.S.  Wouldn't get serious about stopping the flow of U.S. jobs to Mexico and China.  Lots of reasons for supporting Trump.  You worry about some alleged groping twenty years ago but ignore all the bad things the Dems have been doing to the U.S. and unborn babies.   Not in the same league of crimes.

Edited by blackbird

16 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Rumor has it...Trump once had a drink...of RUSSIAN VODKA!

Impeach!!!

Even if those prostitutes did pee on him, I don't think he should be impeached, just mocked.

But giving away secrets to Russians and attempting to interfere in an investigation: imagine the outrage among Trump supporters if Obama, Hillary or (on this side of the border) Trudeau had done that.   

Just now, dialamah said:

Even if those prostitutes did pee on him, I don't think he should be impeached, just mocked.

But giving away secrets to Russians and attempting to interfere in an investigation: imagine the outrage among Trump supporters if Obama, Hillary or (on this side of the border) Trudeau had done that.   

Trudeau couldn't find Latvia on a map.

I'd rather Trump pee on a million Russian hookers than have the Clinton's dalliances with Jeff Epstein infecting the WH for a moment longer.