America under President Trump

Shia LaBeouf has been arrested in NYC:

NEW YORK — Actor Shia LaBeouf was arrested early Thursday after he allegedly got into an altercation with another man outside a New York City museum where he has been chanting “He will not divide us” in front of a live camera since Donald Trump’s inauguration.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2017/01/26/shia-labeouf-arrested-outside-nyc-museum/97076416/

..Making America Great Again !

When is Trump going to remove this plaque from Statue of Liberty?   

A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame

Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name

Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand

Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command

The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

35 minutes ago, dialamah said:

A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame

Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name

Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand

Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command

The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Why would he remove it?

Nowhere does it say that America welcomes terrorists - and their sympathizers - to America!    Nowhere that it says people who oppose what America stands for, are welcome to AMERICA.  Nowhere does it says that enemies of America are welcome to America!

Trump is protecting the immigrants as well who had fled to America for freedom! Trump protects American Muslims who fled from Sharia Law - they don't want anything that resembles Sharia Law following them to America!  Trump protects Ameircan Hispanics who fled from corruption and drug cartel.  Trump doesn't want their tormentors to follow them to America! 

Get that?

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Whenever he feels like it....the U.S. is not an open borders hotel for every would be immigrant or refugee in the world, let alone terrorists and criminals.

Many emigres were rejected not far from the Statue of Liberty.....at Ellis Island.  

Americans will decide such things...not world opinion.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Whenever he feels like it....the U.S. is not an open borders hotel for every would be immigrant or refugee in the world, let alone terrorists and criminals.

Many emigres were rejected not far from the Statue of Liberty.....at Ellis Island.  

Americans will decide such things...not world opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubT-Bm36L2U

3 hours ago, betsy said:

Trump is protecting the immigrants as well who had fled to America for freedom! Trump protects American Muslims who fled from Sharia Law - they don't want anything that resembles Sharia Law following them to America!

Then why is he closing down specific countries where refugees are fleeing terrorism? Yet of course for those countries like Saudi Arabia that represent money he has his arms wide open. Trump doesn't care about people, he cares about money.

Get that!?

Edited by ?Impact

Another nightmare day for the new administration.

Let's see... off the top of my head I read:

-The wall is going to be 'paid' by a 20% tax on Mexican goods, ie. paid by Americans

-Trump said plundering is ok, and they might go back to Iraq to get the oil.  Arrrrrrrr....

-The press secretary was registered to vote in multiple places, which he said is voter fraud

-The same guy tweeted his own password twice in two days

I really didn't follow the news much today, though.  

54 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Another nightmare day for the new administration.

Let's see... off the top of my head I read:

-The wall is going to be 'paid' by a 20% tax on Mexican goods, ie. paid by Americans

-Trump said plundering is ok, and they might go back to Iraq to get the oil.  Arrrrrrrr....

-The press secretary was registered to vote in multiple places, which he said is voter fraud

-The same guy tweeted his own password twice in two days

I really didn't follow the news much today, though.  

You left out that torture is okay. And btw, his daughter Tiffany is also registered in more than one state.

PM May was invited to speak today at the Republican retreat in Philadelphia.   She emphasized that the UK is the United States' closest and most important ally, which is true.    Though not an official state visit, PM may will formally meet with President Trump on Friday.  

10 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

PM May was invited to speak today at the Republican retreat in Philadelphia.   She emphasized that the UK is the United States' closest and most important ally, which is true.    Though not an official state visit, PM may will formally meet with President Trump on Friday.  

She also emphasized free trade and commitment to the deal with Iran. I wonder how those will go over with the Donald.

Just now, ?Impact said:

She also emphasized free trade and commitment to the deal with Iran. I wonder how those will go over with the Donald.

Like Japan's PM even before Trump took office, PM May came to President Trump, not the other way around.   The U.K. will sacrifice the Iran deal for a new bilateral trade agreement with the United States, badly needed after a hard Brexit.

The U.K. knows how to set priorities for its own self interest.   Remember, the U.K. sold out Canada to get U.S. support during WWI.

Ford Motor Company has spotted a way that President Trump can help out by lowering fleet fuel mileage requirements (CAFE standards).   CAFE was developed to counter U.S. dependence on foreign oil, not global warming climate change.  

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/ford-results-trump-fuel-taxes-1.3953758

http://jalopnik.com/trump-threatens-to-repeal-fuel-economy-and-emissions-re-1788755276