America under President Trump

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Oh well...will have to use legal immigrants instead...oh what a shame.

More jobs for Americans and legals.    Build The Wall !!!

There was some state that sent their illegals back home, figuring umemployed Americans would want the jobs the illegals were doing.  They were wrong; crops rotted and they had to let the illegals back so the farmers didn't all go out of business.  

Also, I expect that Trump will go for the most corrupt bidder on that wall job; just like corrupt countries everywhere the work will be substandard, the wall easy to breach and probably not even built in the places nobody but an illegal immigrant would go.  

6 minutes ago, dialamah said:

There was some state that sent their illegals back home, figuring umemployed Americans would want the jobs the illegals were doing.  They were wrong; crops rotted and they had to let the illegals back so the farmers didn't all go out of business.  

Also, I expect that Trump will go for the most corrupt bidder on that wall job; just like corrupt countries everywhere the work will be substandard, the wall easy to breach and probably not even built in the places nobody but an illegal immigrant would go.  

Who knows, Trump may get one of his own corrupt companies to bid on it, give it to them, and then when nieto lights a Cohiba with the bill, Trump will have yet another bankruptcy to his credit.

Notes (quotes from secret  talks) ;

- US presidents have never used their power because of fear of death. Trump claims he will use his power, we will see that. 

- D. Patreaus hates Turks and he goes to Incirlik Airbase often. The team which arranges terror attacks in Turkiye is his most trusted team.

- NATO is still soo strong in Turkish Army and they organize ISIS attacks done against Turkish Army in Syria.

- The power of states comes from their intelligence-army cooperation, Turkish intelligence is still weak in some points, there are some Erdogan's trusted businessmen working for Stratfor. 

3 hours ago, dialamah said:

Why do they have to be illegals?  That doesn't justify illegals.

Why can't the US have a program like ours - with contract migrant workers?  If there's a need for migrant workers, I'm sure Trump - of all people - would do something about that!  I'm sure there'll be a line up of contract migrant workers who'd just love to be able to work in the USA.  That's the best way to do it.  It's a win-win scenario for everyone.

Edited by betsy

36 minutes ago, betsy said:

Why do they have to be illegals?  That doesn't justify illegals.

Why can't the US have a program like ours - with contract migrant workers?  

There is a contract migrant program from what I understand.  What you seem to be saying is that Trump would expand that.  It doesn't seem to be aligned with his politics.  If they want to hire domestics, they will have to pay more and prices will go up.

But prices will be going up anyway, for imported goods.  This means your phone, your television, and clothing will go up by an amount determined by the tariff.  

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

There is a contract migrant program from what I understand.  What you seem to be saying is that Trump would expand that.  It doesn't seem to be aligned with his politics.  If they want to hire domestics, they will have to pay more and prices will go up.

But prices will be going up anyway, for imported goods.  This means your phone, your television, and clothing will go up by an amount determined by the tariff.  

I think US employers were part of the problem with illegals.   He's likely to clamp down on that too.

We might know more today since the news says he's supposed to move on immigration today.

54 minutes ago, betsy said:

I think US employers were part of the problem with illegals.   He's likely to clamp down on that too.

We might know more today since the news says he's supposed to move on immigration today.

The best solution to the large scale employment of illegal immigrants would be to prosecute, convict and jail the employers. That would dry up demand for such workers pronto. But some of these employers are big donors so that makes it awkward. 

4 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

The best solution to the large scale employment of illegal immigrants would be to prosecute, convict and jail the employers. That would dry up demand for such workers pronto. But some of these employers are big donors so that makes it awkward. 

Let's wait and see.....

TRUMP TORNADO! 

Sweeping everyone on board!!!

It looks quite good.

Trump tornado hits Washington

"We are going to put a lot of people back to work," Trump said, according to the pool report.

He met with labor union leaders (most of whom endorsed Hillary Clinton last year) and rank-and-file members (many of whom voted for Trump anyway) at the White House, eliciting effusive responses.

"It hit home for the people who have been hurting," Douglas McCarron, president of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters.

Sean McGarvey, president of North American's Building Trades Unions, was later quoted as describing it as "by far the best meeting" he'd had in Washington.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-steamrolls-washington-with-major-policy-shifts/article/2612896

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, cybercoma said:

No they won't. Executive orders have nothing to do with "the people." There's 320,000,000 people in the United States. 62,980,000 voted for Trump. His executive orders are the will of less than 20% of the people, assuming they support all of his orders. And that's not to mention that literally millions more people voted for his opponent.

I'm talking about....who they'll elect for President.  They'll check out policies and vote for the one they want.

Trump is giving executive orders as President, because he's been given the power to do so, by the people.  He's been elected.

12 minutes ago, betsy said:

Trump is giving executive orders as President, because he's been given the power to do so, by the people.  He's been elected.

And he's giving executive orders in a chaotic, unorganized fashion.  Will be interesting to see how successful these executive orders become.

So Trump has announced a 'major' investigation into the voter fraud no one has reported and no state except Texas* even says happens, at what cost to taxpayers we'll probably never know. All because his ego can't stand the thought more people voted against him than for him.

* No state in America has done more to dissuade minorities from voting than Texas, or gerrymandered its electoral districts as hard to make sure those who do vote don't get much representation. 

8 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

That Churchill bust should remind Trump what can happen to older leaders. His cardiovascular system is going to be tested as never before. 

Churchill went on to be a post-war PM ('51-'55), write his books and hang-on until 1965.

Is that what you wish to remind Trump of? Write more books?

1 hour ago, Argus said:

So Trump has announced a 'major' investigation into the voter fraud no one has reported and no state except Texas* even says happens, at what cost to taxpayers we'll probably never know.

Steve Bannon was registered to vote in two states, so they know firsthand there is fraud going on. I agree with Trump that we can't trust the results of the election and the whole process is discredited. It should be declared void and Paul Ryan should fill in for four years. He's probably way more conservative than Trump but at least he's not crazy.

Trump has launched his voter fraud investigation and what it will find at great expense, and is already well known. is that there are many names o voter lists of people who are deceased. That will give him some sort of fall back position for wasting all that time and money although I think we all already knew not a lot of dead people show up at polling booths. 

So  Trump signed an order to build a wall (or some kind of barrier), and to crack down on illegals within the US, including cracking down on so-called sanctuary cities which refuse to cooperate with federal authorities in terms of fighting illegal immigration. Some of these cities won't even allow their police to notify ICE when they arrest an illegal, and offer illegal aliens all the government services of citizens. Trump's order will cut them off from federal aid and grants.

Aaaand... I find myself unable to offer up any real criticism.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/trump-to-move-ahead-on-mexico-wall-immigration/article33754924/