America under President Trump

10 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

No Canada won't....doesn't have the balls to do so.   All talk...no action.

President Trump can learn a lot of tricks from Dick Cheney, from waterboarding to making money from Canadian oil services companies.  

Dick Cheney can buy/sell Canada anytime he wants....Trump will find that useful.

Yep I bet cheney and trump know the same tricks. I just haven't heard cheney bragging about how he grabbed the girls. But yes I have heard them both brag about their sick interests im torture.

Even liars will start to believe in their own lies when they repeat it often enough. US is one of the countries or mayne the only one country that uses this tactic successfully through the media organs which they control. Russia cannot even protect its own planes but they directly intervene with elections in US ? 

You dont know anything. The game is much bigger than you think. You cant even imagine.

Edited by Altai

12 hours ago, kimmy said:

Ok, so now that we're at least agreed that Kellyanne is full of it, why are Trump supporters so supportive of his lies when you're so angry about lies that others have told in the past?  I mean, Trump has told at least two big fat lies in just the past two days, and I don't hear any complaint at all from Trump Nation.  Just "Yeah, b-b-b-but Bill lied about getting a hummer from Lewinsky" or "b-b-b-but Hillary lied when she blamed the Benghazi attack on the youtube video."  I mean, it seems that lying is completely ok now.

We have a Press Secretary that came out and flat-out lied his ass off, and the President's "counsellor" is trying to rationalize it as "alternative facts". Is that the new Trump world we live in, where they'll just lie their faces off and rationalize it afterwards? Is that what you're supporting?

-k

Don't you get it?  POLITICAL SPIN!  Kellyanne doesn't have a monopoly on it!  They do it....even us, our politicians and our media does it!

I could ask the very same thing of Clinton supporters!  In fact, Clinton's lies are worse!  We're talking about American lives being needlessly sacrificed in Benghazi! If Hillary can look the other way and ignore the pleas of those Americans about to be massacred, and then try to put the blame on a video for "inciting" the protest........... WHOSE SIDE IS SHE REALLY ON?   

Hillary not only lied, but she spat on all Americans in the face!   And Hillary supporters lapped up her spit with delight! :D

Why do Hillary supporters ignore that?  Her spit tastes good?

If there's anything to be said about Trump - it's his penchant for petty replies - but then again, he seems to really want to spar with the media.....so maybe he's doing this on purpose!  He eggs them on.

You guys better get your perspectives properly alligned.

Edited by betsy

10 minutes ago, betsy said:

Don't you get it?  POLITICAL SPIN!  Kellyanne doesn't have a monopoly on it!  They do it....even us, our politicians and our media does it!

I could ask the very same thing of Clinton supporters!  In fact, Clinton's lies are worse!  We're talking about American lives being needlessly sacrificed in Benghazi! If Hillary can look the other way and ignore the pleas of those Americans about to be massacred, and then try to put the blame on a video for "inciting" the protest........... WHOSE SIDE IS SHE REALLY ON?   

Hillary not only lied, but she spat on all Americans in the face!   And Hillary supporters lapped up her spit with delight! :D

Why do Hillary supporters ignore that?  Her spit tastes good?

If there's anything to be said about Trump - it's his penchant for petty replies - but then again, he seems to really want to spar with the media.....so maybe he's doing this on purpose!

You guys better get your perspectives properly alligned.

If I may paraphrase, Hillary once said something that turned out not to be true. She may have been lying (but there is no logical reason for her to have done that) or she may have been mistaken at the time (which seems likely). Nevertheless, fascist politicians should now be able to lie about anything they want, blatantly, and it would be extremely hypocritical of anyone who ever supported Hillary to not accept this.

10 hours ago, Omni said:

Wait 'till the debt starts rising. You know, tax cuts and big spending? We don't hate Americans, but maybe just ease off a bit on the enquirers to the Immigration Canada website so it doesn't keep crashing. 

:rolleyes:

They got investors willing to invest!  They got companies bringing more jobs!

Better think about our debts.  Humongous spending by Trudeau....with no prospects in sight.  We'll take a hit with Trump's vision, everybody's saying that.   Our own deficit runs in the trillions by 2050.   Get ready to pay more tax!  Money doesn't grow on Trudeau's ears and nostrils!  He doesn't care about the future.

Edited by betsy

10 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Bring it on....Trudeau better hope that Trump doesn't hurt him too bad.   Trudeau better bring his boxing gloves and cut man for NAFTA.

It's called "GM Canada" for a reason.   Our GM is just called, "GM".

We'll take a hit, no matter what.  That's what everybody's saying.  The government is scrambling - from mayors to premiers - they're trying to talk to their counterparts in the USA.  The silver lining lies to the fact that there are those who sits in Trump's cabinet that are friendly to Canada.  But of course, they'll try to stick to Trump's agenda.

The folks who says we're immune, are in denial.

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, betsy said:

Sending out Spicer to make such obviously false and easily disprovable statements makes him look like a complete joke. Why should anybody take him seriously anymore? Why should the media even bother attending his events, for that matter? Every time he says something, they should just ask "is that a fact, Sean, or is that an Alternative Fact?"

On Sean Spicer's first day on the job he full Baghdad Bob. Remember Baghdad Bob? "There are no American soldiers in Iraq! In fact a few crossed the border and were immediately beaten to death with their own shoes!"  Baghdad Bob can retire now... his torch has been passed to Sean Spicer.

I noticed that the Breitpravda coverage of the Kellyanne interview completely omitted her use of the phrase "alternative facts".

-k

12 minutes ago, kimmy said:

Sending out Spicer to make such obviously false and easily disprovable statements makes him look like a complete joke. Why should anybody take him seriously anymore? Why should the media even bother attending his events, for that matter? Every time he says something, they should just ask "is that a fact, Sean, or is that an Alternative Fact?"

On Sean Spicer's first day on the job he full Baghdad Bob. Remember Baghdad Bob? "There are no American soldiers in Iraq! In fact a few crossed the border and were immediately beaten to death with their own shoes!"  Baghdad Bob can retire now... his torch has been passed to Sean Spicer.

I noticed that the Breitpravda coverage of the Kellyanne interview completely omitted her use of the phrase "alternative facts".

-k

Bottomline:  Everybody's spinning, Kimmy.  That's part of politics now.

Hillary's Benghazi lies.....is the pits.  It's the lowest you can get when her own men were dying and she tried to spin it on a video!

Edited by betsy

6 minutes ago, betsy said:

Yes, but if Justin Trudeau called a press conference to say that Canada wasn't cold in the winter, we would know that wasn't spin.  Just dumb.

Edited by bcsapper

5 minutes ago, betsy said:

Hillary's Benghazi lies.....is the pits.  It's the lowest you can get when her own men were dying and she tried to spin it on a video!

Have you thought your position through enough to wonder how it would have been to Hillary's advantage to lie and blame the Benghazi attack on an uprising spurred by a video, as opposed to a targeted terror attack? And, if so, do you really feel that is an appropriate justification for Donald Trump to never, ever tell the truth again?

Has anybody ever encountered a US Presidential spokesperson as angry and nutty as Sean Spicer? He needs to watch a few Ari Fleischer tapes to see how it should be done. Ari is even willing to offer some free advice:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ari-fleischer-advises-sean-spicer-to-correct-any-wrong-statistics-he-used/

1 hour ago, BubberMiley said:

Have you thought your position through enough to wonder how it would have been to Hillary's advantage to lie and blame the Benghazi attack on an uprising spurred by a video, as opposed to a targeted terror attack? And, if so, do you really feel that is an appropriate justification for Donald Trump to never, ever tell the truth again?

We don't really know, do we?  MSM can say anything.....we know they lied abut the polls!  I'd seen them distort Trump's interview about women who commit abrtion being sent to prison.  It's a good thing that I saw the original interview so I can tell that they'd spinned it out of context.  A lot of youtube coverage of that interview had edited it. They also didn't cover Trump's rallies to show the huge crowds.  They lied about the Martin Luther bust, too!   And the visuals we see of crowds on tv - how do we know they weren't doctored?  I don't particularly know of the area that Trump was talking about....

....I don't know why they make such a big deal of crowds.   We can't really pinpoint who's lying.  Trump thinks it's the biggest crowd ever - maybe that's what crossed his mind when he looked out to the crowds.   Can you really count everyone?  He's basing it on what he sees - yes he could be wrong - but that's his perspective from where he's looking!

They could just have sworn him quietly in a room somewhere - doesn't make any difference.  I'm actually surprised to see lots of folks at his inauguration, what with all the threats of disruption (and possible violence).  I was expecting less people considering this being a very bitter election.

Edited by betsy

Trump's 3 executive orders this morning

• Withdrawal of U.S. from TPP negotiations: "Great thing for the American worker," per Trump.
  • Federal hiring freeze, except for the military. Instant question: What about the VA?
  • Reinstated the Mexico City policy, which was created under Reagan and rescinded by Obama and cuts funding for international groups that perform abortions.

https://www.axios.com/trumps-3-executive-orders-2209468096.html

Getting right down to it.

1 hour ago, betsy said:

The fact is, Trump and the media has this thing going.  I suppose that's how it will be for the rest of his tenure.

If he keeps acting like nothing more than a game show host who spins out and out lies to try and convince us his ratings are much higher than they actually are, them yes I can't see the media not reporting same. Putin must be getting a great giggle.

2 hours ago, betsy said:

We don't really know, do we?  MSM can say anything.....

Are you able to see how this perspective has been an effective tool for manipulation? Now that you believe nothing, the authoritarian leader can create "alternative facts" just for you. Maybe the MSM hasn't been as dishonest as you think, and you have just been convinced by a dictator-wannabe that no one can be trusted but him.

19 minutes ago, cybercoma said:

Betsy thinks they lied about the polls, even though the polls measure popular support, which were correct within 1%. In other words, they were right. She's just spreading propaganda. Or is it "alternative facts"? Or should we just call it what it is....lying.

Electoral college, too!

Sean Spicer did not lie!   This is what he'd said:

“the largest audience ever to witness an inauguration, period, both in person and around the globe”.

This was addressed at today's Press Secretary briefing, and Sean Spicer had reiterated and stood by what he'd said.  When you consider the internet, television, tablets, and other ways thru modern tech, that people can watch the inaugural ceremony - indeed, Trump's got the broadest audience, ever!

His inaugural address was watched around the globe!

This is where he addressed it today.  Interesting exchange between him and reporter. Check out timer: 40:05

Edited by betsy