America under President Trump

Just now, Omni said:

I expected nothing less from you, (the ever present Trudeau bit of course) however if he does that, he will fail. Isolationism won't overcome globalization.

Bring it on....Trudeau better hope that Trump doesn't hurt him too bad.   Trudeau better bring his boxing gloves and cut man for NAFTA.

It's called "GM Canada" for a reason.   Our GM is just called, "GM".

5 minutes ago, Argus said:

I frankly think these people are sick in the head, I mean that if you ever got them in front of a shrink they'd be either committed or put on some kind of mandatory anti-psychotic meds.

Yes it can be quite scary. Especially some of the things I have heard of late, I don't have sites at my fingertips just now, but the pizzeria shooting we've heard of is one example. One could always also go back to conspiracy theories that surfaced after 9-11.  

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Bring it on....Trudeau better hope that Trump doesn't hurt him too bad.   Trudeau better bring his boxing gloves and cut man for NAFTA.

It's called "GM Canada" for a reason.   Our GM is just called, "GM".

I would say you need to be thinking about how Trump is already hurting y'all. 

But let's see how his upcoming meetings turn out. Maybe when he gets behind closed doors he will reign in the nonsensical rhetoric.

Edited by Omni

Just now, Omni said:

I would say you need to be thinking about how Trump is already hurting y'all. 

President Trump has only helped our retirement portfolio so far....I hope he keeps hurting us like that.

Where's all that tough talk now , Canada ?   Oh I know...."hate Americans, but love their economy".

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Sorry, but there will be some collateral damage.   Maybe head for Alberta ?

Not us, thankfully. We're pretty immune to real damage. Our Alberta friends are the ones suffering. 20% rollbacks on wages etc...not fun to the heavily mortgaged. Now PM Potato wants to rid Alberta of oil production...that'll fly...just as long as he doesn't plan any visits.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

President Trump has only helped our retirement portfolio so far....I hope he keeps hurting us like that.

Where's all that tough talk now , Canada ?   Oh I know...."hate Americans, but love their economy".

Wait 'till the debt starts rising. You know, tax cuts and big spending? We don't hate Americans, but maybe just ease off a bit on the enquirers to the Immigration Canada website so it doesn't keep crashing. 

Just now, Omni said:

Wait 'till the debt starts rising. You know, tax cuts and big spending? We don't hate Americans, but maybe just ease off a bit on the enquirers to the Immigration Canada website so it doesn't keep crashing. 

More Canadians are still going to the U.S. for better opportunities every day because Canada can't keep up, and Team Trudeau is only going to make things worse.

President Trump wants a report on his desk Monday morning about all the Canadian illegal overstays in the USA !

46 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

More Canadians are still going to the U.S. for better opportunities every day because Canada can't keep up, and Team Trudeau is only going to make things worse.

President Trump wants a report on his desk Monday morning about all the Canadian illegal overstays in the USA !

Are you sure its JT making things worse?

https://www.cnet.com/news/its-official-us-citizens-look-to-flee-to-canada-after-trump-win/

11 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

All this proves is that leftists turn out in larger numbers, when their crowds amass due to the social herd instinct. Right wingers do not have the same need for constant emotional reassurance.

So why lie about the crowd?

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I don't know, but it sure keeps the media babbling about things that are unimportant, rather than discussing real issues.

Yeah, so why does Trump keep babbling about it, especially whilst addressing the CIA for god's sake? Why won't he just admit it was poorly attended and get onto real issues? 

1 minute ago, Omni said:

Yeah, so why does Trump keep babbling about it, especially whilst addressing the CIA for god's sake? Why won't he just admit it was poorly attended and get onto real issues? 

I don't know, but it sure keeps people babbling about things that are unimportant, rather than discussing real issues.

21 minutes ago, Omni said:

Well, I have been babbling on here a time or two about the "emoluments" clause and when it might come home to roost, and here it is.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/group-will-sue-trump-over-business’-foreign-profits/ar-AAm7vKD?li=AAggNb9&ocid=iehp

So oftenwrong, here is what tomorrow brings.

Doesn't seem like a big deal. Sounds like a matter of opinion and will need a judge to decide. Trump might have to shuffle a few people around if legally required to do so. Or more likely the case would be dropped.

Again... distraction. It will be more interesting to see what policies are put in place, executive orders being signed. Looks like NAFTA is going to be one of the first.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, opposition to Rex Tillerson as Sec'y of State under President Trump is melting away.   A big thanks is owed to my favorite VP Dick Cheney for greasing the skids with Republican holdouts.   Go Exxon Mobil  !!

Edited by bush_cheney2004

6 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Doesn't seem like a big deal. Sounds like a matter of opinion and will need a judge to decide. Trump might have to shuffle a few people around if legally required to do so. Or more likely the case would be dropped.

Again... distraction. It will be more interesting to see what policies are put in place, executive orders being signed. Looks like NAFTA is going to be one of the first.

The "emoluments" clause is part of the constitution and it is quite clear. I am not surprised this case has arisen so soon. Trump laid the groundwork to allow himself to be in contravention the moment he took the oath. So yes, it could very well be a big deal.

21 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, opposition to Rex Tillerson as Sec'y of State under President Trump is melting away.   A big thanks is owed to my favorite VP Dick Cheney for greasing the skids with Republican holdouts.   Go Exxon Mobil  !!

Yes I guess Cheney has to work close to home since travelling could find him in the grips of the ICC. War crimes et al.

Just now, Omni said:

Yes I guess Cheney has to work close to home since travelling could find him in the grips of the ICC. War crimes et al.

Cheney has already been to Canada several times.....Canada is too chicken to do anything about it because....."hate Cheney...love his economy".

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Cheney has already been to Canada several times.....Canada is too chicken to do anything about it because....."hate Cheney...love his economy".

So quit bitchin' about the Canadian "overstayers" or we may arrest Cheney next time he comes here.

Just now, Omni said:

So quit bitchin' about the Canadian "overstayers" or we may arrest Cheney next time he comes here.

No Canada won't....doesn't have the balls to do so.   All talk...no action.

President Trump can learn a lot of tricks from Dick Cheney, from waterboarding to making money from Canadian oil services companies.  

Dick Cheney can buy/sell Canada anytime he wants....Trump will find that useful.