America under President Trump

3 hours ago, cybercoma said:

Who's my candidate? I'm not American. I don't have a candidate. I just call it like I see it.

How you see it is wrong....because you're trying to mould what you see into your own interpretation.  

Boy....you say the most  ridiculous things.

I'm telling BC, and now you, that you need to be careful about claiming Trump speaks for the American public. He doesn't, not the majority, and at this point not even a plurality.

As President of the USA - he speaks for AMERICA!

Edited by betsy

6 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Voters in Canada's parliamentary system expressed less confidence in Trudeau and his party than did Americans for Donald Trump and his party.

Wrong, America's political system is so screwed up that choice is not even offered. The American political system is about the elites (including the most elite of all Trump) telling the plebs what they want.

4 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Wrong, America's political system is so screwed up that choice is not even offered. The American political system is about the elites (including the most elite of all Trump) telling the plebs what they want.

:rolleyes:

Talk about removing the log in your own eye before you point at the other man's sty. 

They just interviewed a Canadian (visible minority) on one of the news channels, and he was angry at Trudeau for not bringing the promised electoral reforms! 

Edited by betsy

On 1/20/2017 at 7:56 AM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Today is President Trump's inauguration day....Americans will celebrate the peaceful transition of power to a new president and vice-president.   There will be plenty of time for all the Trump haters in Canada and the U.S. to do their thing afterwards.

Sit back and enjoy the show folks...this is how the U.S. rolls.

Pretty hard to enjoy a show that culminates with such a pathetic speech. I thought Trump might actually say something honorable and intelligent at least for his inauguration day. He mentioned patriotism, and then delivered jingoism. I guess that's how you roll now. Oh well, back to hockey. 

4 hours ago, Rue said:

7. Bob Dole, still alive, most people said hello to him on the way out but  not the Clintons...oh I caught that.

I wondered who that was. I saw Trump waving to him and exchanging a hello, and Obama went over and spoke to him for awhile. Didn't catch the Clintons as they exited. Just looked it up, he is 93.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Math aint that good neither. Note that 2.8 M /230 M eligible voters is just over 1 %. In the popular vote she led by a 1 % margin.

Logic is also failing. Comparing a vote number to eligible votes is complete propaganda, because Trump didn't get the non-voters either.

1 minute ago, betsy said:

They just interviewed a Canadian (visible minority) on one of the news channels, and he was angry at Trudeau for not bringing the promised electoral reforms! 

Yes, Trudeau needs to get a move on on the electoral reforms. His first appointment in that area turned out to be a dud, hopefully Gould will pick up the ball and move it forward. I'm not impressed with her initial actions, but give her a few weeks to settle in.

1 hour ago, betsy said:

:rolleyes:

Oh Argus.  It's those kind of comment from you that wrecks your credibility. You're too emotional.

Which part of the statement did you consider to be emotional, oh learned one? The part about the prayers always being a part of the inaugural traditions or that Trump doesn't believe in God? You realize Trump has never had anything to do with any church other than to get repeatedly married in one, right? He was asked early on if he ever talked to God or asked his forgiveness and the question confused him. He said no. Trump has most assuredly never read the bible and is demonstrably not a believer. His behavior through his entire life to date is one of impenitent sin, and more akin to those people in Sodom  and Gomorrah that God destroyed with fire and brimstone.

Edited by Argus

18 minutes ago, Argus said:

Which part of the statement did you consider to be emotional, oh learned one? The part about the prayers always being a part of the inaugural traditions or that Trump doesn't believe in God? You realize Trump has never had anything to do with any church other than to get repeatedly married in one, right? He was asked early on if he ever talked to God or asked his forgiveness and the question confused him. He said no. Trump has most assuredly never read the bible and is demonstrably not a believer. His behavior through his entire life to date is one of impenitent sin, and more akin to those people in Sodom  and Gomorrah that God destroyed with fire and brimstone.

That part.

So.....Trump confides in you, huh?  He bared his soul to you?  You've been there all along, beside him....and witnessed all those.  Heck, you can even see right through him. Huh.  I didn't know you had the "gift."

Edited by betsy

23 minutes ago, betsy said:

That part.

So.....Trump confides in you, huh?  He bared his soul to you?  You've been there all along, beside him....and witnessed all those.  Heck, you can even see right through him. Huh.  I didn't know you had the "gift."

The only gift requires is reasonable intelligence.  As a swaggering, narcissistic hedonist Trump has led a very public life and has not only not tried to hide his partying lifestyle and adultery he's bragged about it to the media on many occasions, constantly seeking attention. He even pretended to be his publicist once to call up the media and brag about his sexual conquests and how much of a stud he was, and had his mistress of the time also 'confide' in the media that he was a wonderful lover. The guy who wrote his own autobiography for him has said that he doesn't believe Trump has read a single book in his adult life, and certainly hasn't read the bible. He has claimed the bible is his favorite book and that he reads it all the time, but when asked by the media, but can't recite any chapters or verses from it except 'never bend to envy' which isn't even IN the bible, and 'an eye for an eye' which is one Jesus himself specifically repudiated in the sermon on the mount “You have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth. But I say to you not to resist evil: but if one strike thee on thy right cheek, turn to him also the other.”

Trump told the Christian Post last year that he was a Presbyterian and a member of Marble Collegiate Church, but Marble Collegiate isn't Presbyterian and had no record of him there. He went to church during the Iowa caucuses and mistakenly put money on the communion plate, evidently mistaking it for the offering plate.

Edited by Argus

Folks, 

Avoid thread drift. 

A few posts were taken down because they were derailing the discussion.  If your post is missing, be grateful your posting privileges have not been suspended. 

If you want to discuss a past election, go here: 

1 hour ago, Argus said:

1 hour ago, betsy said:

That part.

I have to admit it never occurred to me that Trump might believe in God.  To me, he obviously doesn't believe in any God I've ever heard of.

Trump certainly blew it in his CIA address. Taking the opportunity to lie about the turnout at his inauguration, and to once again attack the media while standing in front of the 117 unanimous stars on the wall, was about as low class as it gets. But I doubt anyone expected anything better.

As far as the media goes, the people who deliver the news have bosses and those bosses have to answer to the CEO of the media network,  ,MSNBC, ABC, CNN all were against Trump so they always delivering negative against Trump are still are doing it. So there is some truth in what Trump says about the media.

13 minutes ago, Topaz said:

As far as the media goes, the people who deliver the news have bosses and those bosses have to answer to the CEO of the media network,  ,MSNBC, ABC, CNN all were against Trump so they always delivering negative against Trump are still are doing it. So there is some truth in what Trump says about the media.

He has so many amends to make with the intelligence community, frothing at the mouth over the press while addressing the CIA is just stunningly inappropriate.

27 minutes ago, Topaz said:

Don't buy it. How even handed can you be when you've got a regular candidate on one side, and a depraved, congenital liar on the other? I think, if anything, their attempts at being even handed protected Trump from the kind of hostile interviews he should have gotten, even while giving him way more coverage than Clinton received. Despite him bringing up Bill Clinton's adultery I never saw one person ever mention it on the air, not to him, not to any of his lieutenants, who were also all adulterers, and not even when talking about him. I didn't even even see MSNBC openly mentioned his serial adultery. I certainly never saw it on the network news shows, and I never saw anyone call him out as a liar, even while he was the biggest liar in recorded federal political history. The mainstream media let his mouthpieces continually attack the Clinton Foundation without replying by asking them why the Foundation was found to be entirely honorable by neutral assessment while Trump's own so-called foundation was being used for his own and his family's benefit. He hid from the media throughout most of the campaign, never answering questions except to his own tame reporters at FOX, and rarely ever got called out for it.

19 minutes ago, Omni said:

He has so many amends to make with the intelligence community, frothing at the mouth over the press while addressing the CIA is just stunningly inappropriate.

Everything the man does is inappropriate and classless. His destiny, if he hadn't had a rich father, was as a used car salesman in a loud checked sports coat loudly lying about the quality of the cars he was overpricing.

6 hours ago, Argus said:

I can? I can't tell he cares about anything or anyone but himself, actually.

Clearly can't tell that he likely doesn't care what people think about him...in Canada.

Clinton Foundation is toast now....their fraud is over. 

Edited by bush_cheney2004

3 hours ago, ?Impact said:

False....Trumps America provides a more representative political system and Trump/party have more voter support than PM Trudeau/LPC in Canada.  

Well CNN just proved my point... the Press Secretary just gave it to the Press Gore in the Briefing Room about lies and half truths they sent out about things that happen yesterday.  IF some viewers didn't see this, the CNN report was ask to update what the PS just said.  The reporter only talked about the crowd numbers and he never mentioned  the reason behind why not many were standing on the grass as they were for Obama, didn't mention the bust in the oval office wasn't stolen as a reporter said it was.

9 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Riding proportions and population, appointed Senators through age 75,  PM from party leadership (not citizen vote).

President Trump has more of a mandate than the present PM of Canada.

You collected all those numbers riding by riding,  congressional district by district,   into a spreadsheet?

Just now, Icebound said:

You collected all those numbers riding by riding,  congressional district by district,   into a spreadsheet?

No, I collected those numbers from Canadian media.   Provincial and regional "malapportionment" are well documented.

Trump's America has a government that is more representative by population for all states. 

12 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Provincial and regional "malapportionment" are well documented.

By what definition?  

Most urban ridings (1 rep)  have 120k population or less.   Except for a very few isolated ones, most rural ridings have 75k or more.  Which, I admit, does skew representation unfairly toward the so-called conservation West.    But  120 vs 75 does not seem like an unreasonable apportionment....  Are you suggesting that there should be fewer ridings in the rural areas? 

2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

I have to admit it never occurred to me that Trump might believe in God.  To me, he obviously doesn't believe in any God I've ever heard of.

If a person says he believes in God - and he invokes God - who am I to judge no, he doesn't?