America under President Trump

Letès talk about the important issues:

1. Melania looks hard mean, real hard. She was dressed very nice yesterday but man she looks hard as it gets. I doubt she has ever smiled.

2. Ok what the hell is going on with Ivanka. Its weird, like uncomfortable weird how she stares at Daddy and is always close by. Uh hello he has a wife Ivanka

3. Ivanka looked damn good in her dress last night but her face and Melanias face, hey man they both look like wax figures from Madam Tussauds was museum. Thatès a lot of face stapling.

4. Donald John Trump has two sons who look and sound like Beavis and Butthead.

5. Baron Trump clearly has autism and while I appreciate its a sensitive topic, eventually they need to disclose it and I am confident most people will understand and while he should not be exploited I would hope it can help bring more education to the matter-considering the range of the disorder he shows, I think they did a great job of managing him. Change of routine, public events, those are and can be hard things for people with autism to cope with. For this young man to have coped as well as he did yesterday was amazing.

6. Oh  boy- we went from every damn actor and musician ever supporting the Prez to an assortment of hillbillies who appeared on crack yesterday and that young girl from Americaès Got Talent who God bless gives me diabetes heès so damn sweet.

7. Bob Dole, still alive, most people said hello to him on the way out but  not the Clintons...oh I caught that.

8. Aside from the black preacher was there anyone black there yesterday...I think I saw a black person, then again it could have been a shadow on the guy from the angle of the sun.

9. The hair. Look its one thing to do a comb over. Those of us who livedin Quebec during the Rene Levesque era are aware of it. The problem with Donald is not only does the comb over look and act like arm-pit hair but what is with the blonde...for Gawdz sake the only men that age who shold have yellow hair are WWE wrestlers-for Gawdz sakes he is not Ric Flair although his whole persona is Rick Flair with Ravishing Rick Rude thrown in.

10.Was it just me or has Obama smoked so much he has now turned green yellow

11. I would have loved to see Michelle and Melania arm wrestle. Melania looks tough. I do not think it would be a slam dunk for Michael I mean Michelle.

12. Leading up to and during the inauguration there were stealth bomber attacks on ISIL in Libya. The point is....life carries on.....in spite of all the political displays.

13. I figured it out and so should you...the constant o.k. sign from Donald J. when he speaks, its a Satan-illuminati signal.

14. Finally, Tiffany Trump the one they do not talk about...well...her boyfriend has the  last name Mechanic. As long as its not Muhammed.

2 hours ago, cybercoma said:

You should be careful talking about Trump "winning" the election as though that's some sort of popular consensus on his ideas and (lack of) policy. Three million more voters picked Hillary Clinton.

:rolleyes:

He won the election!  Get over it.

1 hour ago, cybercoma said:

Way to miss the point entirely. Let me repeat it for you:

Winning the election is not a satisfactory condition to infer that the American public supports his policies and ideas, especially when he lost the popular vote by 3 million.

He. Won. The. Election.

Who did they inaugurated yesterday?  Who's the 45th President of the USA?

Get. over. it. :lol:

2 hours ago, cybercoma said:

Yes. Logic. The logic of comparing the nomination of a president in a republic to the appointment of a prime minister under a parliamentary system. I'm sure you'er having fun trolling, but logic isn't what you're using.

You're not following logic.  Do you know what event they had in the USA yesterday?   Do you know its significance?

Logic says.......... Trump won the election! He's the legitimate President of the USA! 

He ran for President in the USA.  That's how they choose their president whether you approve of it or not.

Get over it.

Edited by betsy

3 hours ago, betsy said:

I LOVE THE CEREMONY!

Political correctness just openly got kicked out the window - what with all the blatant Christian-laden prayers at the ceremony, not to mention his speech!!!!! :)

You do realize those prayers are always a part of the inauguration, right? The only difference this time is the new president doesn't actually believe in God. Or if he does, he thinks he's HIM.

Trump is not a guy who cares much about tradition, and his inauguration speech certainly showed it. He ignored traditions like reaching across to lawmakers on the other side of the aisle and asking for cooperation, reaching across to those who didn't vote for him to promise he was their president too, polite praise for his former opponent and the former president.  His speech was... crass, crude, graceless, obnoxious, and portrayed the US, which has an unemployment rate most of the world envies, as the land of Mordor; barren and filled with orcs and trolls and smoking volcanoes. With a stage filled with politicians who had been in Washington for years he promised he would not ignore people the way they had, and would not see them ground into the dirt at the behest of moneyed interests like they had, and would care about people the way they didn't.

I'm sure that endeared him to everyone whose cooperation he's going to need to get anything done.

And then to show how much he cared about the common man almost his very first act was to reverse Obama's half percentage point cut of mortgage fees to first time and low income home buyers. The fee is to the Federal Housing Administration, and was raised after the housing crash so the agency could replenish the money it uses to deal with mortgage defaults to a figure which was reached in 2015. Reversing the cut was applauded by private sector insurers, whose stock immediately rose as their likelihood of higher profits increased. Way to go, man of the people.

Well. it didn't take long the police  are throwing  smoke bombs at protesters and I doubt Trump and gang will be having their walk to the White House, there about 1000 people MSNBC is reporting. Also Alex Jones was attacks  because his support  of Trump and his view on Russia and the attacker screamed at Jones YOU NAZI! U support Russia and Jones yelled back U stupid F*******, Russia fought against the Nazis!!!

6 minutes ago, cybercoma said:

You miss the point, betsy. Winning the election doesn't mean he has a mandate. He's opposed by the majority of Americans. I'm telling BC, and now you, that you need to be careful about claiming Trump speaks for the American public. He doesn't, not the majority, and at this point not even a plurality.

Wrong.  He won the election.  The Senate changed hands.  He can implement whatever the Congress and Senate agree with.  He's now the president and speaks for the United States.  Those who don't like it can vote him out in 4 years.

Edited by sharkman

28 minutes ago, Topaz said:

Why can't people give this guy his chance just like  all the Presidents that came before him...THEN u can bash him if it make u feel better.  You can tell he cares about the people and the coutnry, lets see if he can do what he wants, Congress has to help with this though.

I can? I can't tell he cares about anything or anyone but himself, actually. He didn't even look like he had much affection for or interest in his wife. His perpetually angry face and angry face told Americans they were living in a  miserable shithole of a country that was ruined by everyone not him. Take the high road? Appeal to people's better natures? Call for unity? Not this guy.

6 minutes ago, sharkman said:

He's going to make America great again, Cyber!  

Well, given America is such a miserable, crime-ridden, impoverished hell hole full of uneducated kids and dead factories it wouldn't be hard.

50 minutes ago, cybercoma said:

Functional illiteracy in Canada really is around 40%.

Math aint that good neither. Note that 2.8 M /230 M eligible voters is just over 1 %. In the popular vote she led by a 1 % margin. You can try to make a big deal out of that tiny number while ignoring the fact that  90 M voters (~ 40%) did not vote.

Bottom line: Huge numbers of people had no ethical problem voting Trump. I mean huuuuge...

2 hours ago, Topaz said:

Why can't people give this guy his chance just like  all the Presidents that came before him...THEN u can bash him if it make u feel better.  You can tell he cares about the people and the coutnry, lets see if he can do what he wants, Congress has to help with this though.

"Give him a chance"?  Just a reminder that for the past 8 years, the Republicans did everything in their power to obstruct everything Obama tried to accomplish.  The expectation that Democrats should "give Trump a chance" is hilariously ironic in light of the past 8 years.  I fully expect President Trump to receive every bit as much respect and cooperation from Democrats as Republicans showed to President Obama... which is zero.

That said, the Democrats don't have the power to stop Trump. The Republicans have majorities in the Senate and the House.

So Trump really doesn't have that excuse. If he can't get his agenda passed into law, it's not the Democrats' fault. If his agenda doesn't deliver the magical transformation he's promising, it's not the Democrats' fault.

He's in charge now. He has all the levers of power in his control. There are no excuses now.  Not "the dishonest media", not private citizen Hillary Clinton, not the House and Senate minorities. "Give him a chance"?  For the next two years he has his chance, and if he can't deliver there's nobody to blame but himself.

-k

7 minutes ago, kimmy said:

So Trump really doesn't have that excuse. If he can't get his agenda passed into law, it's not the Democrats' fault. If his agenda doesn't deliver the magical transformation he's promising, it's not the Democrats' fault.

He's in charge now. He has all the levers of power in his control. There are no excuses now.  Not "the dishonest media", not private citizen Hillary Clinton, not the House and Senate minorities. "Give him a chance"?  For the next two years he has his chance, and if he can't deliver there's nobody to blame but himself.

-k

He'll still have the elites the msm, Obama, snowflakes etc etc to blame. There's always an excuse.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Just like Obama

The first order of business is to demonstrate how weak they are to Putin by forgiving the hacking without a real investigation, removing the sanctions, and destroying NATO.That should be enough to ensure the peeing videos are kept under wraps for a while. 

3 hours ago, Argus said:

You do realize those prayers are always a part of the inauguration, right? The only difference this time is the new president doesn't actually believe in God. Or if he does, he thinks he's HIM.

:rolleyes:

Oh Argus.  It's those kind of comment from you that wrecks your credibility. You're too emotional.

3 hours ago, cybercoma said:

You miss the point, betsy. Winning the election doesn't mean he has a mandate. He's opposed by the majority of Americans. I'm telling BC, and now you, that you need to be careful about claiming Trump speaks for the American public. He doesn't, not the majority, and at this point not even a plurality.

What do you mean he doesn't have a mandate?  He won, did he not?  He's President,is he not? 

What do you think got him winning?  His orange hair?  :lol:

No, you're the one who's not only missing the point, but clearly you don't know what you're on about!    He won because of his policy.    Do you even know what a mandate is?

Mandate

the authority to carry out a policy or course of action, regarded as given by the electorate to a candidate or party that is victorious in an election:

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=mandate+definition&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-004

His mandate is what he'd promised he'd do!  His policy that had him winning the election!

Edited by betsy