America under President Trump

His first 100 days will be a flurry of activities to implement most of the policies he'd promised. Here's an excerpt from a lengthy article how he says it would look:

Shortly after the Nov. 8 election, President-elect Trump and his vice president — most likely a governor or member of Congress — would begin interviewing candidates for the open Supreme Court seat and quickly settle on a nominee in the mold of Justice Antonin Scalia.

He would start “building a government based on relationships,” perhaps inviting the Republican leaders Paul D. Ryan and Mitch McConnell to escape the chilly Washington fall and schmooze at Mar-a-Lago over golf and two-pound lobsters.

On Inauguration Day, he would go to a “beautiful” gala ball or two, but focus mostly on rescinding Obama executive orders on immigration and calling up corporate executives to threaten punitive measures if they shift jobs out of the United States.

And by the end of his first 100 days as the nation’s 45th leader, the wall with Mexico would be designed, the immigration ban on Muslims would be in place, the audit of the Federal Reserve would be underway and plans to repeal the Affordable Care Act would be in motion.

“As president, I’ll be working from the first day with my vice president and staff to make clear that America will be changing in major ways for the better,” Mr. Trump said in a telephone interview on Saturday. “We can’t afford to waste time. I want a vice president who will help me have a major impact quickly on Capitol Hill, and the message will be clear to the nation and to people abroad that the American government will be using its power differently.”

“I know everyone won’t like everything I do, but I’m not running to be everyone’s favorite president,” Mr. Trump said. “Things are seriously wrong in this country. People are hurting, business is hurting. I’m running to move quickly to make big changes.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/05/us/politics/donald-trump-president.html?_r=0

"I know people aren’t sure right now what a President Trump will be like,” he said. “But things will be fine.

I’m not running for president to make things unstable for the country.”

....and I think he will indeed do things that'll be best for the USA.

Well I mean, when he becomes President, this guy will practically have everything - including the prestige of

being President, right?

If he's an egoist (as they say he is)........of course he'd want to go down in history not just as another US President........

..........but as, the best President the USA had ever had!

He'll most likely work on that. That will be his ultimate goal!

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

As opposed to anticipation by a pro-Trump!?

My anticipation though, is based on an interview with Trump, by a reputable newspaper.......

.......unlike the fearful anticipation being expressed, and promoted, by those who are panicked at the very thought

of Trump.

Edited by betsy

My anticipation though, is based on an interview with Trump, by a reputable newspaper.......

Your anticipation is based on Trump trying to make himself seem sane now that he has the Republican nomination; his anticipation is based on Trump's earlier pronouncements of insanity when he was still trying to get the Republican base onside to win the nomination. So which Trump is it? You liked the earlier one, but this new one is the real one?

Your anticipation is based on Trump trying to make himself seem sane now that he has the Republican nomination; his anticipation is based on Trump's earlier pronouncements of insanity when he was still trying to get the Republican base onside to win the nomination. So which Trump is it? You liked the earlier one, but this new one is the real one?

Nothing changed with the message in that news article. Those promises he made are still on the agenda - and he's

outlined them.

Why shouldn't I anticipate what he's outlined in an interview with a reputable paper? Didn't anyone who voted for Trudeau anticipated what he promised, based on interviews?

Big Guy uses what Trump had said, yes....but on the other hand....he gave a printed scenario based on what the writer IMAGINES how it's going to be like.

Edited by betsy

I think he should tackle China's unfair trade practices first. Then illegal immigration. He's also added auditing the federal reserve which is a fantastic idea. Also simplifying the tax code.

Remember when Harper used to say the same thing?

The problem is that the only real bone thrown to ordinary people in the west, in these "free trade" deals, is dirt cheap stuff. And China is just giving western consumers what they want. If we force China to truly allow the yuan to float, and to adopt labor and environmental regulations similar to the west, and to end export subsidies.... Then North Ameritards will howl with rage because their shoes cost $150 dollars again.

A President Trump will not be able to roll into the White House and just blow away existing legislation that he or his supporters disagree with, unlike what we have seen in another country familiar to forum members. Even Trump knows this, and it is a good thing. He will be able to influence enforcement actions, or lack thereof...and direct policy through executive order.

I think he should tackle China's unfair trade practices first. Then illegal immigration. He's also added auditing the federal reserve which is a fantastic idea. Also simplifying the tax code.

He can "unexecutive" any executive orders that Obama made.

He can immediately reverse the following:

http://www.govtslaves.info/comprehensive-list-of-executive-orders-under-obama/

He can "unexecutive" any executive orders that Obama made.

He can immediately reverse the following:

http://www.govtslaves.info/comprehensive-list-of-executive-orders-under-obama/

I love how the anti-Obama crowd like to talk about his executive orders, easily forgetting that he still trails George Bush in executive orders. Bush was 291 and Obama stands at 227 to date. We won't be able to make a direct comparison until the end of his term, but at the rate Obama has been signing them he will end up with about 250. Bush Sr. was much higher, 166 in 4 years which would be about 332 in an 8 year term. Reagan was 381. So yes, Republicans make just as many, or more, executive orders compared to Democrats.

A President Trump will not be able to roll into the White House and just blow away existing legislation that he or his supporters disagree with

The trouble is that most voters don't know this or agree with that reality and as their frustration rises so too does the foundation upon which the Trump's of the world build theirs.

So just how many rinse cycles does one go thru before the realization dawns that nothing's coming out in the wash?

The trouble is that most voters don't know this or agree with that reality and as their frustration rises so too does the foundation upon which the Trump's of the world build theirs.

No big deal....every presidential election cycle somebody promises to do something....nothing special about Trump in that regard.

It's just another American election...for Americans...R-E-L-A-X (Aaron Rodgers).

Edited by bush_cheney2004

It's what (conservative) voters have been doing with each passing cycle that's special - pushing evermore demagogic demagogues to the front of the pack.

Is it just another election for American political parties?

Edited by eyeball

It's what (conservative) voters have been doing with each passing cycle that's special - pushing evermore demagogic demagogues to the front of the pack.

Is it just another election for American political parties?

Yes...and that is a very biased viewpoint if one thinks it has only been "conservatives". For example, nothing that has transpired thus far in 2016 begins to approach what happened in the 1968 election cycle. If one is going to gawk at American politics as if their very lives depended on it, at least pay attention for the long haul to understand scope and context.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

I'm pretty sure the same bloc of voters that led the US political system down the rabbit hole in 68 is still leading America on it's goose chase.

As for my biases, ya'll look the same from where I'm sitting.

Edited by eyeball

I'm pretty sure the same bloc of voters that led the US political system down the rabbit hole in 68 is still leading America on it's goose chase.

If you mean they are all Americans....yes. Should Trump win the presidency, he would still have far less unchecked power as a Canadian PM with a majority government. But that is OK for some people I guess.

As for my biases, ya'll look the same from where I'm sitting.

There's actually far more diversity in far greater quantity compared to where you sit.

Contrary to popular understanding, this is not Donald Trump's first presidential rodeo. Back in 1999 he actually predicted the future:

Trump told reporters: "It's not so much the Reform Party, it's really the fact that I'd want to make that if I ran and spent a lot of money I could actually win, I could beat that Democrat-Republican apparatus."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reform_Party_presidential_primaries,_2000#Trump_enters_race

https://usatelections.wordpress.com/2015/06/15/donald-trump-president-campaign/