The Reason of Creation

Exegesisme

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you not read your Bible? It is full of teachings that we would consider wrong. Just a small sample for the above:

slavery: Luke 12:47

murder: Revelation 19 (read the whole thing, especially verse 13-15 & 20-21)

abandoning my children for him: Matthew 19:29

It's always a little awkward when talking about Jesus Christ and people start quoting old testament stuff.

Anyway, i guarantee that 90% of what you (and all western atheists) consider "common sense", are thoughts and ideas given to you through christianity.

It's always a little awkward when talking about Jesus Christ and people start quoting old testament stuff.

That is why I deliberately picked only New Testament stuff. It is always a little awkward when those preaching the Bible are not even familiar with the books of the Bible. I suggest you start with Matthew, pay close attention to chapter 5.

That is why I deliberately picked only New Testament stuff. It is always a little awkward when those preaching the Bible are not even familiar with the books of the Bible. I suggest you start with Matthew, pay close attention to chapter 5.

For any lover of god the Word, John the gospel is the first book of the bible on my view.

For any lover of god the Word, John the gospel is the first book of the bible on my view.

Certainly John holds appeal, especially as it is appears to be written for theological purposes rather than a historical account. In some cases however, it may have better historical accuracy than the other gospels due to better research on the part of the writer(s). My reason for suggesting Matthew 5 was not related to spreading the word (or Word as you say), but to point out that Jesus accepted and promoted the old Testament which many of today's Christians seem to excuse because of the vast amount of problems in it that have been pointed out (as Hal 9000 did to me in that knee jerk reaction that I must be quoting the old Testament).