which women should be on Canada's paper notes?

Topaz

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People still use paper money? :blink:

Maybe I can get a client bank card with Nellie McClung on it.

Speaking of which, I just received a flyer from the Roycal Canadian Mint, which is issuing commemorative loonies this year. In 1916, women in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta gained the right to vote in provincial elections; these loonies mark the 100th anniversary. The coin depicts an unnamed woman in a hat casting a ballot, while her daughter watches.

-k

• 4 weeks later...

It has taken better men than you a long time to recognize the subtleties of the way women build a society.

But we don't care what you think.

There are no better than me. And if their contribution is subtle how do you propose putting them on a dollar bill?

Edited by Argus

I don't think anyone would question there used to be sexism in society. But putting a woman on a bill simply because she's a woman is sexism now

Unh ... you've lived this long and you still can't comprehend this?

If your cement is too dry, what do you do?

If your society is too male dominated, what do you do?

It isn't rocket science, Argus. ?

• 3 weeks later...

My vote would be for Nellie McClung.

Nellie McClung was one of many people who campaigned for something which was actually DONE by Robert Borden.

Ironically, it is almost certainly going to be Robert Borden who is removed from a bill to make room for someone with breasts.

Eeeeew. :/

Sorry if the truth hurts. I'm not saying women did not, in their millions, contribute to the growth of Canada. But there was no single woman who had any real influence over the development of this country anywhere NEAR as much as a large collection of male political, business and military leaders. Explorers? All men. Business people? All men. Political leaders? All men. Military leaders? All men.