Who will Trump pick for VP in 2016?

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a tough bill to fill....to date, only Romney has taken Trump on in a very public way. I'm thinking that a female veep candidate (no, not Palin) may balance the ticket better and attract more voters vs. Clinton. The old strategy of picking for a big state win just doesn't seem to matter anymore (e.g. Rubio or Kasich). Texas will remain a red state, California blue no matter what. Christie might get him New Jersey.

Let's see how Kasich does in Ohio and circle back for some electoral college math.

Agreed, there's no way that Trump will pick Romney - but I reckon that b-c you're on the right track. A strong woman: uh, HRC?

Trump now has the easy pivot to the general.

As to the states in November, I frankly think that Trump puts NY into the possible Red category. Even California.

====

IMV, Donald Trump is a New Yorker. He talks like one and thinks like one. He is a smart-ass Woody Allen, but no longer a leftist.

Trump is a social liberal, fiscal conservative, not an idiot.

Trump is making the Republican Party modern.

Edited by August1991

I'm thinking that a female veep candidate (no, not Palin) may balance the ticket better and attract more voters vs. Clinton.

I have been reading rumors that they are vetting Tennessee congresswoman Marsha Blackburn.

-k

....IMV, Donald Trump is a New Yorker. He talks like one and thinks like one. He is a smart-ass Woody Allen, but no longer a leftist.

Agreed...he is a lot of fun to watch in action, even if it's all a gimmick.

He is from Queens (like my sister), a walking, talking New York City cliche. Very entertaining...."Hey, you gonna eat that?"

Jan Brewer for the entertainment value? She's a nut! She's the Hedy Fry of America... claiming illegals were decapitating Arizonans when it never actually happened... Massive budget deficits... said her father died fighting the Nazis in WWII, when he died of lung cancer years after WWII...

Jan Brewer? Sharkman, what have you been smoking today???

If I was Trump, and really wanted to unite the party for the general election. I would definitely not pick Christie.

For sure but I don't think if I was a current Senator or Congressman I would run the risk of running with him and being an outcast in the RepubiIcan Party if he lost to Clinton.

I think Christie knows he would not pick up him as Veep as he does not have the clout to bring in Republican support for him.

Trump said he wants a career politician -where would he find one in the Republican Party where he's as unpopular as Cruz?

Christie probably has done enough kissing buttox to get a cabinet post. But after that? Man who knows.

I think the Republican mainstream is planning a Messiah candidate to come in to a brokered convention and save everyone from Trump. It might be too late. Maybe Romney and Ryan again? Ryan said no way he won't go against any elected Republican but if Romney ran you never know or if he was asked of course he would-he just can't sound anti-vote.

The problem with Romney is if you run him it takes the advantage away of calling Clinton regurgitated political vomit.

So? I bet Trump would love to pick a military general who is retired if he had his way. Well we know it aint Colin Powell.

So is a Messiah coming? Maybe its too late.

If I was Trump now I would be asking, do I tone down now, or do I keep the hype up?

The attack ad on Clinton barking- man that was nasty but its a powerful negative image. Man if that is the tip of the iceberg as to what's coming look out.

John McCain's too old. Colin Powell would be a good compromise messiah type candidate- I am just not sure who else.

Edited by Rue

He'll pick Cruz. He doesn't care about all those things said back and forth. Both he and Cruz have skins like rhinos. And Cruz has long demonstrated what a political weasel he is. He'll suck up to anyone to get ahead. If he can't get the presidency he'll take the VPs slot to improve his image. He'll be shown as the 'reasonable guy' and next time around, after Trump loses, he'll figure he'll have a better shot at the number one slot.

I think there is a strong movement afoot within the party to make sure they end up with a brokered convention, at which Mitt Romney will emerge. No idea who he'll pick for a partner, but I suspect they know with Trump at the helm they would be doomed.

They were already doomed with Romney, and would be again. Trump has proven he can get more Republican and Independent voters to the polls, and garner some Democratic crossover.

They were already doomed with Romney, and would be again. Trump has proven he can get more Republican and Independent voters to the polls, and garner some Democratic crossover.

Well I hope the GOP is actually following that strategy, instead of the one I have been hearing is going on behind the scenes. I'm not a great fan of Hillary's, but I suspect she'd love to face off against "the hair".

All Trumps sidekicks will be the best at what they do.

That's why he's doing so well in the polls.

I hope he brings in the top skilled that are available.

We need the best to run the USA and CANADA imho.

in polls, Trump currently gets his azz kicked going up against either Clinton or Sanders...

Well I hope the GOP is actually following that strategy, instead of the one I have been hearing is going on behind the scenes. I'm not a great fan of Hillary's, but I suspect she'd love to face off against "the hair".

big move afoot (Koch Brothers led) to attempt to isolate Republican senators up for reelection in 2016 from the influence of the toxic Trump... that's 24 seats and potentially allowing the Democrats to win back control of the Senate. #makingAmericaGreatAgain

big move afoot (Koch Brothers led) to attempt to isolate Republican senators up for reelection in 2016 from the influence of the toxic Trump... that's 24 seats and potentially allowing the Democrats to win back control of the Senate. #makingAmericaGreatAgain

That would be some icing on the cake for a new dem. pres.

Lesson learned then hopefully, eh.

Getting too far ahead of things....Trump has to secure the nomination and pick a running mate. Lots can go wrong for Dems and GOP before November. Democrat candidate Sen. John Kerry's running mate (John Edwards) was later indicted on six felony charges related to campaign finances, but was found not guilty at trial. He had an affair while his wife was suffering/dying from cancer. Edwards would say, "I am a sinner, but not a criminal."

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Not really....President Obama had party control of the House and Senate for first two years but wasted it.

of course, given your past history of MLW posts on the failed U.S. Healthcare system, what else would you say in the face of that 2-year emphasis on 'the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). Tell me again, even with Obamacare, what's that number of Americans still without health insurance/coverage? Let me help you out here: that's still 33 million Americans (~10% of the American populace) that has no health insurance... even after the additional 9 million that signed up under Obamacare. Only in America! :lol:

Getting too far ahead of things....Trump has to secure the nomination and pick a running mate. Lots can go wrong for Dems and GOP before November. Democrat candidate Sen. John Kerry's running mate (John Edwards) was later indicted on six felony charges related to campaign finances, but was found not guilty at trial. He had an affair while his wife was suffering/dying from cancer. Edwards would say, "I am a sinner, but not a criminal."

Not sure how all that well known history applies to the current situation, do you have some clues as to criminal activity ongoing? But even without any indictments showing up, I see the GOP train heading for a serious wreck?

Not sure how all that well known history applies to the current situation, do you have some clues as to criminal activity ongoing? But even without any indictments showing up, I see the GOP train heading for a serious wreck?

It applies to the current situation because both parties have to vet running mates very carefully. In the 1972 campaign, Democrat presidential candidate Sen. George McGovern chose Sen. Thomas Eagleton, who hid medical history (shock treatments) from the public, hurting and humiliating the Democrat campaign. Richard Nixon would go on to clobber George McGovern in the general election.

"Train wrecks" can happen to either party, not just the GOP.

It applies to the current situation because both parties have to vet running mates very carefully. In the 1972 campaign, Democrat presidential candidate Sen. George McGovern chose Sen. Thomas Eagleton, who hid medical history (shock treatments) from the public, hurting and humiliating the Democrat campaign. Richard Nixon would go on to clobber George McGovern in the general election.

"Train wrecks" can happen to either party, not just the GOP.

The cases you have cited are all to do with things that came "out of the woodwork" to cause problems. Trump's activities certainly aren't in any way hidden, which is why I suspect the party is working behind the scenes to try and avoid him handing the dems. yet another mandate.

The cases you have cited are all to do with things that came "out of the woodwork" to cause problems. Trump's activities certainly aren't in any way hidden, which is why I suspect the party is working behind the scenes to try and avoid him handing the dems. yet another mandate.

Trump's controversial activities have propelled his campaign to the front, beating all other GOP pretenders/contenders. The Democrats do not have this "reality TV" luxury.....Clinton is actually being investigated by the FBI for email-Gate. Polled Republican voters favour nominating the candidate with the most votes by 65%, even if that is Trump.