Who will Trump pick for VP in 2016?

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCain picked Palin back in 2008 in a last minute desperation move that did not result in a GOP conniption fit or an election win (lost to Obama/Biden).

Trump can take his time.....

He has to take his time. He is under contract to Hillary to embarrass the GOP out of any chance of retaking the white house. He's earned every penny so far I'd say.

One can only wonder if Trump is playing both sides, but if I heard and it is true, when and if it comes down to Clinton vs Trump, its going to be nasty for her because Trump will go back on the Clintons time in the WH and her as Sec of State, which he kind of mention last night in the debate.

If you read Trumps platform, it's actually pretty solid.

What I took out of last nights debate and subsequent interviews is that the big problem republicans have with Trump is that he's too left wing for their liking. He's likely more centre than any candidate left running.

Anyway, I've always wanted to see Condi take a bigger step into the White House.

I agree that the Trump name (or historical Drumpf) is worth something.

Once you change his name to Drumpf, you lose the argument - as Scott Adams would say.

Do you know that Trump has said that as president he would order the families of terrorists to be killed?

The Israeli government bulldozed the homes of suicide-bombers, then it built a wall.

====

All things considered, I don't think many "civilized people" (westerners, for lack of a better term) quite understand what we face.

Like Harry Truman, Donald Trump seems to know how to play poker - and negotiate.

Edited by August1991

Getting back to the OP.

Trump won't be picking Mitt and his magic underwear.

"Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud. His promises are as worthless as a degree from Trump University." - Mitt Romney

So agreed, Mitt Romney won't be Trump's VP candidate.

Who's next?

We're looking for a person who is: a possible president, a knowledgeable inside political-player, someone with an ego public trusts to call Trump on his NY BS.

Uh, Warren Beatty?

Edited by August1991

Oh, so that's why you change Trudeau's name to Jr. then....

Justin Trudeau is the son of Pierre Trudeau so Justin is Trudeau Jnr - in the same way that George W. is Bush Jnr.

That's it, that's all.

====

As to Drumpf, I suggest that you go to the Dilbert website.

Edited by August1991

Justin Trudeau is the son of Pierre Trudeau so Justin is Trudeau Jnr - in the same way that George W. is Bush Jnr.

Junior is a formal title used when the father has the same first name as the child. If junior gives the same name to his child the child is called 'the third'.

Applying it to a child that has a different first name is only done if you want to suggest the person is immature.

Edited by TimG

Junior is a formal title used when the father has the same first name as the child. If junior gives the same name to his child the child is called 'the third'.

Applying it to a child that has a different first name is only done if you want to suggest the person is immature.

Once you get to the level of PM or President, no one uses first names: it's Roosevelt or Kennedy, Nixon or Bush, Adams or Washington. But which Roosevelt? Which Kennedy? Which Adams?

As a student of history, I decided to make things clear for future students: Bush Snr and Bush Jnr are different people, just like Louis XIV was not Louis XVI.

TimG, 7 am is not 7 pm. That's it, that's all.

Edited by August1991

So, who will Trump pick as a running mate?

Let me first take Trump at his word: First, someone who would be a good President. Second, someone who is an insider.

And third, something Trump didn't say (but Scott Adams did): Someone who will make Trump electable in the Fall: A Person X, a winner, who will stand up to Trump.

Many Democrats/independents/people hate/fear Trump. Trump's unfavourables are bad. What VP candidate will make some of these voters possibly vote for Trump since they believe that Person X will keep Trump in line?

Edited by August1991

That's it, that's all.

====

As to Drumpf, I suggest that you go to the Dilbert website.

Let me point out one very simple thing to you: George, and George, are two very similar, almost identical names wouldn't you agree? Justin and Pierre are not at all. We all see through the jr crap as just what it is, a feeble attempt to demean Justin. So maybe seek a better strategy.

Precisely. But also someone who has the ego, in popular perception, to keep the Donald in line.

That's a tough bill to fill....to date, only Romney has taken Trump on in a very public way. I'm thinking that a female veep candidate (no, not Palin) may balance the ticket better and attract more voters vs. Clinton. The old strategy of picking for a big state win just doesn't seem to matter anymore (e.g. Rubio or Kasich). Texas will remain a red state, California blue no matter what. Christie might get him New Jersey.

Let's see how Kasich does in Ohio and circle back for some electoral college math.

That's a tough bill to fill....to date, only Romney has taken Trump on in a very public way. I'm thinking that a female veep candidate (no, not Palin) may balance the ticket better and attract more voters vs. Clinton. The old strategy of picking for a big state win just doesn't seem to matter anymore (e.g. Rubio or Kasich). Texas will remain a red state, California blue no matter what. Christie might get him New Jersey.

Let's see how Kasich does in Ohio and circle back for some electoral college math.

C'mon, everybody knows why Christie has his nose so far up the Donald's arse. You think he's making himself look that stupid because he wants to be Trump's chauffeur?

C'mon, everybody knows why Christie has his nose so far up the Donald's arse. You think he's making himself look that stupid because he wants to be Trump's chauffeur?

The guy who had his nose deepest in Trump's butt for most of the race was Cruz, refusing to criticize him in hopes that when Trump dropped out he'd throw his support to Cruz.