Canadians FEAR Trump...Big Time

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I thought so....no understanding of earlier U.S. regime change in the Americas (e.g. Mexico, Panama, Honduras, Nicaragua, Haiti, Dominican Republic, etc.)

I thought so...no democracies during peacetime covertly.

Full of shit you are. 

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I thought so...no democracies during peacetime covertly.

Full of shit you are. 

Amazing.....you think Iran was the earliest case of U.S. covert intervention in a "democracy".

Other nations wish that was true...but it isn't.

Hell, the U.S. was also working with the UK in Iran....something else you consistently fail to recognize.

6 hours ago, eyeball said:

Some people regard the US overthrow of Iran's government in 1953

I wouldn't call it a job of the US. The US took part in it for money, but that's it.

Just as with the history of the world wars — for America, everyone but its clear enemy have been and are nonexistent. Everything that has happened/happens with abuse of power and with the US happening to go along for some selfish reasons, had been/was the plan of the US all along, done by no one but US. Awful self-centeredness that probably has led to all the paranoia about being constantly under attack.

2 minutes ago, Marocc said:

This is getting boring. Could you name the democracies that the US 'overthrew' before 1953?

I already have....and this is getting off topic. 

Nothing special about Iran....just another chapter in the long American foreign policy story.

Canada would still FEAR Trump anyway.

24 minutes ago, Marocc said:

I wouldn't call it a job of the US. The US took part in it for money, but that's it.

The US took part because Eisenhower said yes to England's request it do so. THAT'S it. At least Eisenhower didn't try to cite past precedents for covertly overthrowing a democracy or pretend he was answering some higher moral calling. I suppose Churchill might have cut him a personal cheque but I've seen nothing to suggest money motivated him.

Just as with the history of the world wars — for America, everyone but its clear enemy have been and are nonexistent. Everything that has happened/happens with abuse of power and with the US happening to go along for some selfish reasons, had been/was the plan of the US all along, done by no one but US. Awful self-centeredness that probably has led to all the paranoia about being constantly under attack.

The paranoia about being constantly under attack is what is used to justify the awfulness of the actions it takes and that it will always be worse if they don't act.

This is basically the doctrine that Goering described at Nuremberg for convincing people that doing awful things preemptively is perfectly acceptable.

Guest ProudConservative

The day after 176 people died due to the chaos caused by Trumps idiocracy, Trump hosts a massive rally, to let the world know how great he is. When you actions lead to the death of 176 civilians, you lay low for a while. Trump goes back on the campaign Trail, bragging about how he has the authority to do whatever he wants, because the democrats like to leak to the media. He acts like no one died, and spends more time talking about the size of Adam Schiff's neck, than given American an honest update on world affairs.

Edited by ProudConservative

7 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

The day after 176 people died due to the chaos caused by Trumps idiocracy, Trump hosts a massive rally, to let the world know how great he is. When you actions lead to the death of 176 civilians, you lay low for a while. Trump goes back on the campaign Trail, bragging about how he has the authority to do whatever he wants, because the democrats like to leak to the media. He acts like no one died, and spends more time talking about the size of Adam Schiff's neck, than given American an honest update on world affairs.

You started another thread blaming Trump for the Iranian military's decision to shoot down a Ukrainian Airlines commercial aircraft. The thread you started claiming the shoot down was a false flag and your thread blaming Trump are now proven illogical.

The issue remains why would the Ukrainian Airlines station manager clear his aircraft to go back into airspace he knew our had to have known was still red. It makes no sense.

As for your pissing on Trump many of us do not like him or what he stands for but the difference is, we do not attach that criticism to the tragedy in Iran. When you do that you lower yourself to a level not worthy of a response from anyone other than to challenge your exploitation of a tragedy for partisan comments.

18 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I already have....and this is getting off topic. 

Nothing special about Iran....just another chapter in the long American foreign policy story.

Canada would still FEAR Trump anyway.

Yeah and Jews feared Hitler.  What's your point, that we should like Trump because he has somehow been entrusted with the power to ruin lives?  Fuck that.  The guy's a dick and I hope he gets voted out.  He won't because he has too many misguided followers who buy his bullshit, people Trump wouldn't consort with or allow on his property.  America needs better public education. 

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yeah and Jews feared Hitler.  What's your point, that we should like Trump because he has somehow been entrusted with the power to ruin lives?  Fuck that.  The guy's a dick and I hope he gets voted out.  He won't because he has too many misguided followers who buy his bullshit, people Trump wouldn't consort with or allow on his property.  America needs better public education. 

What ?   Please save your rant for a relevant topic...nobody ever suggested that you have to love Trump....far from that.   The reality is that Trump is just another in a  long line of American presidents using the power of his office.   And Canada has clung mightily to the Evil Empire all the same.

It is this relationship that spawns the FEAR...regardless of who is president.

14 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

What ?   Please save your rant for a relevant topic...nobody ever suggested that you have to love Trump....far from that.   The reality is that Trump is just another in a  long line of American presidents using the power of his office.   And Canada has clung mightily to the Evil Empire all the same.

I think my comments are right in line with the topic.  You seem to make a virtue out of fear.  Fear can be good or bad.  Children fear parents' discipline when they misbehave, good.  People fear leaders who abuse power to hurt them, bad.  Given what we know about Trump's dealings with Ukraine and his approaches to trade and immigration, I'd say he instills more of the bad kind of fear than the good.

Edited by Zeitgeist

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

I think my comments are right in line with the topic.  You seem to make a virtue out of fear.  Fear can be good or bad.  Children fear parents' discipline when they misbehave, good.  People fear leaders who abuse power to hurt them, bad.  Given what we know about Trump's dealings with Ukraine and his approaches to trade and immigration, I'd say he instills more of the bad kind of fear than the good.

Right, but he is not the first U.S. president to do so....or the first U.S. president that Canada has FEARed.

I have never suggested that Canada (or any other nation) has to LOVE Trump.

It is fascinating to watch the Canadian reaction to America's rude and crude president, hoping for his term in office to be over soon.  Then it will be on to the next one.

And to think that George W. Bush was the last most hated and FEARed.

On 1/10/2020 at 2:43 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

False....the United States overtly and covertly toppled several governments long before 1953....and yet there has been no resulting "jihad".   What there has been is millions upon millions of emigres from around the world, including Iranians.

I guess in 1945. Hitler was democratically elected after all.

8 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

What fear?  Canadians don't fear the US, there's no reason to.

18 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

They don't fear them they just don't like them and complain about it.

People who only want to complain do not use dire terms such as "existential threat" in Canadian media.

They are already worried about Trump winning a second term.

3 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

The Cold War wasn't peace time.

Like so many other's the Cold War was never an officially declared war it was a politicized rhetorical gimmick created by Bernard Baruch to describe the tensions between the US and the Soviet Union and scare the peanuts out of the usual suspect snowflake/warhacks.

“Let us not be deceived;” Baruch said, “we are today in the midst of a Cold War. Our enemies are to be found abroad and at home. Let us never forget this: Our unrest is the heart of their success.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2010/04/bernard-baruch-coins-term-cold-war-april-16-1947-035862

Goering couldn't have said better. No doubt he would have said the Cold War wasn't peacetime too.

He'd recognize the playbook you and Baruch are reciting from at a glance.

Edited by eyeball

22 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Like so many other's the Cold War was never an officially declared war it was a politicized rhetorical gimmick created by Bernard Baruch to describe the tensions between the US and the Soviet Union and scare the peanuts out of the usual suspect snowflake/warhacks.

Goering couldn't have said better. No doubt he would have said the Cold War wasn't peacetime too.

He'd recognize the playbook you and Baruch are reciting from at a glance.

Doesn't matter what some person says, what matters is what was occurring politically on the ground throughout the world.  A gazillion regime changes, coups etc throughout every continent.  Look at what happened throughout Africa and tell me there wasn't a war happening.  Look at the Cuban Missile Crisis.  It all happened through proxies.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Doesn't matter what some person says, what matters is what was occurring politically on the ground throughout the world.  A gazillion regime changes, coups etc throughout every continent.  Look at what happened throughout Africa and tell me there wasn't a war happening.  Look at the Cuban Missile Crisis.  It all happened through proxies.

What also mattered were international laws and conventions intended to dial back the savagery of the past and usher in a more civilized future.

Anyways...to me this simply points to another reason for outlawing in-camera lobbying so we can at least try to slow down the ease with which venality and might still make right.  OTOH perhaps being party to a franker more raw understanding of our reality will harden us so we can commit atrocities without our conscience getting in the way.  It's really starting to look like raising up generations of progressive snowflakes will be our biggest downfall.  I think our Kindergartens need to be more like St Michael's College or Klingon Military Prep Schools if we expect our kids to get ahead in the future.

So this is what thinking with your head is like...