Canadians FEAR Trump...Big Time

• 2 months later...

https://news.google.ca/articles/CBMiT2h0dHBzOi8vd3d3LmNiYy5jYS9uZXdzL3BvbGl0aWNzL3VuLXBhbGVzdGluaWFuLXZvdGUtY2FuYWRhLWlzcmFlbC11cy0xLjUzNjU2MzfSASBodHRwczovL3d3dy5jYmMuY2EvYW1wLzEuNTM2NTYzNw?hl=en-CA&gl=CA&ceid=CA%3Aen

'A slap to Trump'

But the change was welcomed by Canadians for Justice and Peace in the Middle East, a group which has long lobbied for what it calls a more even-handed approach to the conflict.

I was listening to one of my favourite folk groups, the Clancy Brothers, singing God Bless England and it made me think of our wonderful neighbour.

With apologies to the Clancy brothers, I have mofied their lyrics:

But ould America loves us still!
Now Canadians, forget the past!
And think of the time that's coming fast.
When we shall all be civilized,
Neat and clean and well-advised.
And won't Uncle Sam be surprised?

On 11/19/2019 at 9:27 PM, Cannucklehead said:

https://news.google.ca/articles/CBMiT2h0dHBzOi8vd3d3LmNiYy5jYS9uZXdzL3BvbGl0aWNzL3VuLXBhbGVzdGluaWFuLXZvdGUtY2FuYWRhLWlzcmFlbC11cy0xLjUzNjU2MzfSASBodHRwczovL3d3dy5jYmMuY2EvYW1wLzEuNTM2NTYzNw?hl=en-CA&gl=CA&ceid=CA%3Aen

'A slap to Trump'

But the change was welcomed by Canadians for Justice and Peace in the Middle East, a group which has long lobbied for what it calls a more even-handed approach to the conflict.

Of course the above group welcomed the above. They are a group that supports BDS, denies Israel's right to exist as a Jewish state free of terrorism and refuses to acknowledge Palestinian terrorism.  This group has nothing to do with the issues regarding Trump's abuse of powers. The fact Trump supports Israel is immaterial as to the issues. Plenty of Democrats and Republicans question what Trump does and support Israel as well...so what? What you want to now say anyone who supports Israel's right to exist must be a Trump supporter? Please. Get back on the topic.

• 3 weeks later...

time for a thread documenting the lighter side of the Trump presidency... I mean depending on whether you have any concern whatsoever in the leader of the free world being a man-child-baby kind of person.

just... no... words...

Trump mocks teen climate activist Greta Thunberg after Time honor

Edited by godzilla

5 minutes ago, Charles Anthony said:

--- because your Opening Post was a terrible attempt to stimulate a discussion.  

that's the first time I've ever heard a forum "mod" weigh in on "attempts to stimulate a discussion"! if it doesn't "stimulate" a discussion then it just drops off for lack of participation. Clearly, a thread about Trumps most laughable moments are not "Canadians fearing Trump". is there a "Canadians laughing at Trump" thread? that would be a better move.

The alternative was to delete it.  

25 minutes ago, godzilla said:

that's the first time I've ever heard a forum "mod" weigh in on "attempts to stimulate a discussion"! 

Welcome to the forum rules and guidelines:  

Posting Content

All posts must contain some aspect of an argument or attempt to stimulate discussion. Simply posting a URL to an outside source or posting statements that are only one or two sentences long will not be tolerated and the post will be deleted.  

1 hour ago, godzilla said:

time for a thread documenting the lighter side of the Trump presidency... I mean depending on whether you have any concern whatsoever in the leader of the free world being a man-child-baby kind of person.

Why do you consider Trump (or any U.S. president) to be the "leader of the free world" ?

Is this more so in Canada (because of economic and military dependencies)...and foundation for the fear ?

On 12/12/2019 at 12:04 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Why do you consider Trump (or any U.S. president) to be the "leader of the free world" ?

Speaking for myself I would certainly would never regard him or any other president of the US as such. Not even close.

Is this more so in Canada (because of economic and military dependencies)...and foundation for the fear ?

No that's your own shtick talking to you. The phrase leader of the free world is rooted in your own countries propaganda.  You're saying you think that was just a bunch of meaningless fluff too?

In a pig's eye.

6 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Speaking for myself I would certainly would never regard him or any other president of the US as such. Not even close.

Why would you consider anyone at all...ever ?

No that's your own shtick talking to you. The phrase leader of the free world is rooted in your own countries propaganda.  You're saying you think that was just a bunch of meaningless fluff too?

And yet the term has easily made its way into Canadian media and psyche...for generations    How come ?

23 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Why would you consider anyone at all...ever ?

I said I wouldn't...ever.  But you're free to channel WestCanMan and pretend you're as smart as him. 

And yet the term has easily made its way into Canadian media and psyche...for generations    How come ?

In your mind it may have but if it was so easy why didn't it make it into mine?

I notice you didn't answer my question so I think I'm safe in assuming you normally do believe this fluff deeply but for the sake of appearances you've chosen to pretend otherwise.

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

In your mind it may have but if it was so easy why didn't it make it into mine?

I notice you didn't answer my question so I think I'm safe in assuming you normally do believe this fluff deeply but for the sake of appearances you've chosen to pretend otherwise.

Well, it's not always about you....sorry.

The American fluff is routinely imported into Canada...by choice.

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Well, it's not always about you....sorry.

It is on the other hand all about you.

The American fluff is routinely imported into Canada...by choice.

Exported you mean....routinely...to the entire universe...whether anyone wants it or not. It's no wonder a little slopped over into Canada.  We have all sorts of people, mostly right-wing, happy to lap this shit up like it was mother's milk.

And of course you really don't believe this shit yourself. That's a good one.

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

Only in your mind though. 

Yes....my mind routinely sees it in Canadian media, especially when they whine about Putin.

It's as if they want and need a "leader of the free world"....alas, Angela Merkel didn't work out.

Perhaps a want ad could find somebody to fill the void that Trump refuses to fill, mocking the very notion, stoking more FEAR.

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes....my mind routinely sees it in Canadian media, especially when they whine about Putin.

It's as if they want and need a "leader of the free world"....alas, Angela Merkel didn't work out.

Perhaps a want ad could find somebody to fill the void that Trump refuses to fill, mocking the very notion, stoking more FEAR.

You see where I bolded your words?  It's as if and what it is are clearly two different things and it's no surprise to anyone what your mind sees.

Routinely I should add.

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

You see where I bolded your words?  It's as if and what it is are clearly two different things and it's no surprise to anyone what your mind sees.

Routinely I should add.

Well, you are free to ignore Canadian media and political discourse, but that doesn't change the expressed expectations and FEAR (e.g. Chrystia Freeland begging Trump to protect the "post WW2 order")...adding another layer of FEAR that said "order" may disappear, leaving Canada to fend for itself.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Well, you are free to ignore Canadian media and political discourse, but that doesn't change the expressed expectations and FEAR (e.g. Chrystia Freeland begging Trump to protect the "post WW2 order")...adding another layer of FEAR that said "order" may disappear, leaving Canada to fend for itself.

Begging...as in she was actually pleading on her knees in a markedly plaintive voice or just as if she was...in your mind?

Please get a grip.