Canadians FEAR Trump...Big Time

Sure they do....and that's why so many worry about the very American Donald Trump. FEAR Trump.....keep eyes glued to that foreign election campaign for the latest updates.

I think you give us way more credit for following the antics there than we deserve. It was fun for a while but has gotten boring. Especially now it has got into the gutter where Trump and Cruz are picking on each others wives. C'mon folks, if you want our attention you'll have to work a little/lot harder than that.

I think you give us way more credit for following the antics there than we deserve. It was fun for a while but has gotten boring. Especially now it has got into the gutter where Trump and Cruz are picking on each others wives. C'mon folks, if you want our attention you'll have to work a little/lot harder than that.

It is working just fine based on CBC and CTV news content....constant coverage. After all, Cruz is a Canadian.

The CBC's "live coverage" of party primaries in a foreign country is quite remarkable.

It is working just fine based on CBC and CTV news content....constant coverage. After all, Cruz is a Canadian.

The CBC's "live coverage" of party primaries in a foreign country is quite remarkable.

CBC is Canadian, so we do pay attention to what is going on in other parts of the world, even without Trudeau having to tell us to. And no, Cruz is not a Canadian. And you are welcome to him. But dont let him steal too much of Trump's thunder. I have property in Cape Breton.

CBC is Canadian, so we do pay attention to what is going on in other parts of the world, even without Trudeau having to tell us to. And no, Cruz is not a Canadian. And you are welcome to him. But dont let him steal too much of Trump's thunder. I have property in Cape Breton.

FEAR will make the CBC do that...it is Canada's state controlled and funded broadcaster. The Right Honourable Justin P. J. Trudeau told the Americans just how necessary it is to watch the United States at all times...."it's so important to us".

Trump is just another part of the show that many Canadians have never been able to resist.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

PM Trudeau told a U.S. 60 minutes television audience this is "...because it's so important to us". His answer to a question was both honest and pitiful at the same time.

The Right Honourable Justin P. J. Trudeau told the Americans just how necessary it is to watch the United States at all times...."it's so important to us".

why is it just so... so important to you... that you feel you must keep flogging this, "so important to us" comment PM Trudeau made during that 60 minutes interview? I do believe you're now into at least 3 separate threads and a half-dozen or so comments on this... just why is this, "so important to you"? :lol:

in any case, as you did in beating on that "definitional" reference PM Trudeau recently made at the 'Canada 2020' conference... where you took extreme liberties with that reference, you are similarly taking liberty here with the "so important to us" reference. The full quote in response to the 60 minutes question asked PM Trudeau what Canadians don't like about the U.S:

"You can't be Canadian without being aware of at least one other country, the United States, because it's so important to us," he said. "I think we sometimes like to think that, you know, Americans will pay attention to us from time to time, too."

now, again: Are you truly that naive and insular thinking that you're actually not aware of the important consequence Canada has to the United States... whether that's directly in terms of trade, natural resources, security, defense, border, etc.? Well... of course you're aware, but why let that get in the way of your, as you say, "pitiful" schtick?

The Right Honourable Justin P. J. Trudeau took on Donald Trump in his 60 Minutes interview for American television, choosing to inject himself into the U.S. election campaign. On one hand he speaks of the CanAm relationship being "definitional" for Canadians, while proclaiming on Bloomberg cable television that:

"I think we're going to see what Americans are made of in this upcoming election."

Trudeau has been warned by previous ambassadors to steer clear of the election in the USA, and especially Trump.

Several former Canadian ambassadors to the U.S. have publicly warned the prime minister not to talk about the U.S. election, saying it would be a mistake to turn Canada into an issue in a messy election.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/03/17/how-donald-trump-looms-in-the-background-of-pm-s-united-states-trip_n_9483338.html

FEAR will make the CBC do that...it is Canada's state controlled and funded broadcaster. The Right Honourable Justin P. J. Trudeau told the Americans just how necessary it is to watch the United States at all times...."it's so important to us".

Trump is just another part of the show that many Canadians have never been able to resist.

The CBC is anything but state controlled. If it was, Harper would have completely muzzled it instead of just trying to gut it with funding cuts. But it backfired big time didn't it.

The CBC is anything but state controlled. If it was, Harper would have completely muzzled it instead of just trying to gut it with funding cuts. But it backfired big time didn't it.

Yes...now the CBC is even more state funded and controlled. This will provide more resources to follow Trump and the campaign season in the United States. This is very very important to Canada according to The Right Honourable Justin P. J. Trudeau.

I can foresee the scenerio: Trump and Sanders end up with the nominations. A few days before the election date, Sanders croaks from natural reasons that happen to a 75 year old guy. His choice for VP is worse than Trump and Donald Drumpf now has his finger on the nuclear button.

Oy vey!!

Yes...now the CBC is even more state funded and controlled. This will provide more resources to follow Trump and the campaign season in the United States. This is very very important to Canada according to The Right Honourable Justin P. J. Trudeau.

Always been state funded, never state controlled. I thought someone with such an apparent infatuation with all things Canada would be more knowledgeable.

I can foresee the scenerio: Trump and Sanders end up with the nominations. A few days before the election date, Sanders croaks from natural reasons that happen to a 75 year old guy. His choice for VP is worse than Trump and Donald Drumpf now has his finger on the nuclear button.

That's not how it works....the Electoral College (pledged delegates) and/or U.S. House would select the next president. Trump could still win outright in the general election.

Always been state funded, never state controlled. I thought someone with such an apparent infatuation with all things Canada would be more knowledgeable.

Different topic covered many times here in other threads....see archives What matters is that the CBC wil now have the resources to follow the American election, because it is so important to Canadians. ("Because it affects us".)

Different topic covered many times here in other threads....see archives What matters is that the CBC wil now have the resources to follow the American election, because it is so important to Canadians. ("Because it affects us".)

So you admit then your error in you assessment of state control of the CBC. Good, as long as we have that sorted we can get back to topic.

I admit that you don't speak for me, or anybody else. Try to stay on topic if you can.

And you obviously don't know enough about the relationship between the government and the CBC to speak for either. So yes, try to at least stay on a topic you understand.

And you obviously don't know enough about the relationship between the government and the CBC to speak for either. So yes, try to at least stay on a topic you understand.

I understand Trump, but not the irrational and inconsistent Canadian fear of him. Trump is good for the CBC, which has crappy ratings.

I understand Trump, but not the irrational and inconsistent Canadian fear of him. Trump is good for the CBC, which has crappy ratings.

And has already been pointed out, good for Cape Breton property values. If you dont understand how he has generated fear, you obviously haven't been listening to his blather. Perhaps you are spending too much time tracking CBC who have pretty much put him and the whole current process to the sidebar phase. I'm sure Fox would be a better source for you.

More evidence of Canadian FEAR for Donald Trump...online petitions:

We, the undersigned concerned Canadians, demand that Donald Trump, Republican Candidate and real estate tycoon, be prevented from entering into Canada due to his widespread and well-documented hate propaganda against a number of minorities in Canada in direct violation of Canadian Criminal code section 319.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/504/652/644/demand-donald-trump-be-banned-from-entering-canada-for-promoting-hate-propaganda/

================================================================================================

Ban Donald Trump From Canada

https://www.change.org/p/canadian-government-ban-donald-trump-from-canada

Even fake news articles have popped up in response to Trump FEAR in Canada:

No, Canada

A fake news article claimed that Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau had banned Donald Trump from entering Canada.

http://www.snopes.com/false-donald-trump-ban-canada/

This Canadian wants a lifetime ban for Trump. Curiously, convicted murderers get less time in Canada.

I support a lifetime ban for Donald Trump from entering Canada.

To: Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale & Canada Border Services Agency

Now here is a higher profile petition to ban Mr. Trump...from the NDP. Maybe this is fake too ?

Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump is known for his hateful, divisive comments. His recent proposal that the U.S. ban immigrants and visitors on the basis of their religion is unacceptable.

Canada is a proud multicultural country, and we must always speak out against hate and discrimination. It is unacceptable to ban immigrants based on their religion, but it is appropriate to ban someone for spouting hate.

That’s why we’re calling on the Canadian government to take a strong stand and consider refusing Donald Trump entry to Canada.

Tell Donald Trump that hate and discrimination are not welcome in Canada – and add your name to #BanTrump.

http://www.ndp.ca/ban-trump

This one is probably just click bait to harvest names and e-mail addresses for the NDP using hatred for Trump....clever !

CTV and CBC couldn't keep away from the sensational Trump news. CBC even had a news anchor covering the Florida primary, right there in Florida! Guess what, all the questions they're interested to ask are all about Trump!

If there's no sizeable interest from Canadian viewers (which translate into ratings)......do you think CBC would bother with all the expenses of installing a news anchor in Florida?

Other Republican candidates were complaining that Trump is getting billions of dollars worth of free coverage from the media!

That coverage probably lessens now (after that complaint).....especially now that the anti-Trump media sees and actually worries that Trump might actually win.

Edited by betsy

CBC is a mouthpiece for the Liberals. It's always been that. Why do you think they got a big funding again from Trudeau?

It was not the gutting of the CBC that backfired on Harper. It's his overall soured relationship with the whole "elite" press.

Edited by betsy